Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

June 23 - Vancouver, BC

2016 North American tour and warm-up gigs are here.

by gezyka » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:51 pm

Amily wrote:No seriously though, I loved doing this write up. It is the first time I've ever gone so detailed and I'm glad I did. #love3#

I especially loved reading about the band meeting. It really felt like I was there! #angel# #blowkiss# #notworthy# #love3#
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

by onlyalways » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:23 pm

Spoiler: show
Amily wrote:I REALLY LOVE PARTY! #fit# It is so perfect and my favourite of the new songs introduced during this tour. I don't know what exactly it is that I love about it so much besides it being cute and hilarious but during this show, my first time hearing it there was a point during that my sister and I just could not stop laughing. Like tears in our eyes laughing barely able to breathe. I think it was partly due to just being so happy to be seeing them again but it was uncontrollable. #excited2#

This description just made me so happy. #cry#

Amily wrote:I definitely love what Father and Son has grown into like everyone else but what I love most about the performance of it is Jemaine's facial expressions towards Bret throughout. #haha# So freaking funny and cute! #love3# #jem# #blowkiss#

They are SO cute. I hope a decent video of Father and Son comes out this tour. If there is a clear show of them "high fiving" each other that might be my new avatar or sig.

Amily wrote:Basically everyone "WOOOOS" after Bret asks how they're doing and Jem complains that he didn't ask him. So, Bret asks Jem how he's doing and Jem says "yeah, good" with a buch of attitude. #evilgrin#

#ded#

Amily wrote:The whole thing was great to me just because of all the Canada talk. It was my first time seeing them in Canada so it was special just hearing it. #love3# #heart#

#heart# Image #heart#

Amily wrote:After The Most Beautiful Girl Jemaine tells Bret that when he lifted up his guitar to change it hit the microphone which deflected and hit him in the glasses. Bret says that it's very rock and roll. #haha# Then of course it leads to them talking about it being in their book of Rock and Roll anecdotes and how they "went on" with the show even though Jem could have a concussion. #lol#

Amily wrote:...Then Jem says he thinks he messed up because of the concussion from the guitar incident earlier. #lol

#fit# #heart# #jem# #heart# #fit#

Amily wrote:Towards the end of Foux Du Fafa I could see that Bret was looking towards the balcony. Once the song ends he says that he doesn't know if they're watching a movie or video'ing the show but that someone should take their phone and take a picture of their dick then text it to their mum. #rofl#

Oh my god!! #rofl# #rofl# #rofl#

Amily wrote:They mention the setlist and of course people start yelling out song titles and and you hear "Carol Brown!"

I'm assuming this was you? #rasp#

Amily wrote:And Nigel singing "I've got hurt feelings" at the end! SO adorable. #inlove# #nigel# #blowkiss#

YES!

Amily wrote:Seagull = #inlove# I got to see them perform this 3 times and each time I bust out laughing when they pan to Bret playing the piano with his "wings". #haha# I am also convinced that they get off on seeing what kind of ridiculous things they get the audience to sing a long with. I guess Seagull has replaced the Epileptic Dogs sing a long on this tour and I'm not complaining. #lol# And just Bret singing "I'm a seagull" it's so cute! #fit# #love3#

I LOVE THIS. (Bret singing "I'm a seagull" IS absolutely adorable.) That's one bad thing about going to a show so early in the tour, you miss out on what organically gets developed and then worked into the show. The CLE and Cbus shows didn't have any audience participation in Seagull, and since they didn't do Epileptic Dogs either I really missed it. But I'm glad they're working that aspect back into the shows. I think they missed it as well. #haha#

Amily wrote:After Seagull there's more yelling out from the audience and you could hear a couple of people go "shhhhh" and Bret comments that he likes how we police ourselves #bret# "it's great" #haha#

#love3# #bret# #love3#

Amily wrote:The whole audience got out of their seats and were cheering so loudly at first that you couldn't even hear what Rhys was saying. He paused for a bit before he continued talking.

#cloud9# #cloud9# #cloud9#

Amily wrote:After roll call he tells them about some things that he and other people have been observing from back stage and starts with "there's too much talking in your shows. That's just a note. And also there's another one here... a little bit too much singing. Is there anything else you guys could do"

Meanwhile, OF COURSE both Bret and Jem are cracking UP! It really was a little taste of what it was like for them to film the show and I loved experiencing their chemisty and Rhys' amazing improv skills in person. #heart#

#rofl# #ded# #rofl# #ded# #rofl#

#ded# #rofl# #ded# #rofl# #ded#

#rofl# #ded# #rofl# #ded# #rofl#

Amily wrote:Rhys ask if they've ever considered playing a game with the audience."That could be quite cool"
#jem# "No, we're a band"
Rhys "You're a band? You're still persisting with that. OK." #rofl#

Please see my reaction above. #haha#

Amily wrote:Rhys "Good point Bret, good point. Baby bananas for Jemaine." #rofl#

I don't even know how to respond, this is the cutest thing I've read all year.

Amily wrote: #jem# "Couldn't it be changed?"
Rhys "No, no. Imagine if life was changeable like that. Oh, let's change something!

GOD I can picture this PERFECTLY with Rhys as Murray behind his desk in his office, like it's a deleted scene or something.

Amily wrote:So they start playing the music to Leggy Blonde and Jemaine says "Just a little bit" to Rhys who is hesitant. #jem# #blowkiss#

#jem# #blowkiss# #blowkiss# #blowkiss#

Amily wrote: He starts motioning to someone in the audience like egging them on. Right away my sister and i were like "oh no, not again" thinking that this was going to be Sugalumps all over again. #haha# Sure enough it pretty much was because as soon as the person got up from their seat to reach out for Bret's dick recorder he pulled away and was like "whoa whoa whoa" #lol# #bret# #blowkiss#

I know this an old old gag of theirs but this made me happy. #love3#

Amily wrote: #jem# "This is ridiculous now. There's 4 of us on stage. We look like a 4 piece band." (NIgel is on stage at this point too)
#bret# "We're more like the Beatles now"
Rhys "You know who we're like? The Beatles"
#jem# "Bret JUST said that"
Rhys "Well great minds think a like Jemaine and you didn't think of it did you?!" #rofl#

Can Rhys P L E A S E be included in all their shows?!?

Amily wrote:Amazing night, it will stand out forever for me as one of the best nights of my life. #haha# #shy# Loved ending it with being able to meet Jemaine even if only very briefly. #love3# The whole experience from beginning to end made the start of our little FOTC road trip just perfect. #heart# #cloud9#

#heart# #heart# #heart# #heart# #heart# #angel# #heart# #heart# #heart# #heart# #heart#

Amily wrote:No seriously though, I loved doing this write up. It is the first time I've ever gone so detailed and I'm glad I did. #love3#

We're glad you did to! #glomp# But then how could you not considering you experienced one of the most epic shows ever.

You know, I appreciate A LOT of things about the board, but one thing definitely is it's like a journal. I've gone back to read recaps from past shows I've attended and went "I don't remember that!?" So I was glad I was detailed from the get go because clearly my memory is starting to go.

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by Amily » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:26 pm

NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by Amily » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:29 pm

NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily