Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

June 23 - Vancouver, BC

2016 North American tour and warm-up gigs are here.

by blondesnotbombs » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:56 am

Image
User avatar
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny
 
Posts: 5561
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:15 am
Location: Rambling through the avenues of time

by blondesnotbombs » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:43 pm

Image
User avatar
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny
 
Posts: 5561
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:15 am
Location: Rambling through the avenues of time

by gezyka » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:32 pm

blondesnotbombs wrote:

#love3# #love3# #love3#
User avatar
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute
 
Posts: 20311
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:17 pm
Location: Texas Lexus?

by gezyka » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:39 am

Image
Huge thanks to @subpop for letting me shoot it. I'll post a few more.

Source

I feel like there could be a thread dedicated to photos of Bret doing that with his lips. #lol#
User avatar
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute
 
Posts: 20311
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:17 pm
Location: Texas Lexus?

by onlyalways » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:58 pm

gezyka wrote:I feel like there could be a thread dedicated to photos of Bret doing that with his lips. #lol#


For real!







*looks at Sam*
Image

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
User avatar
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord
 
Posts: 7685
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:09 pm
Location: On a bus outta town

by onlyalways » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:40 pm

blondesnotbombs wrote:


This just made my life. I love them for doing this. And if any one of use got the chance to experience this live, I'm so happy it was Ami.

#ded# #ded# #ded# #ded# #ded# #ded#
Image

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
User avatar
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord
 
Posts: 7685
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:09 pm
Location: On a bus outta town

by chrissycubana » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:08 pm

onlyalways wrote:
gezyka wrote:I feel like there could be a thread dedicated to photos of Bret doing that with his lips. #lol#


For real!







*looks at Sam*


#rofl# #rofl# #rofl#

Dooooo iiiiiittttttt!
Image


"If there's one thing I can't stand, it's plagiarism."

"Suddenly, playing with yourself is a scholarly pursuit."
User avatar
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady
 
Posts: 6366
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: los angeles, ca

by Amily » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:45 pm

Ok, so I'm home... finally! #thud# #ded# I feel like I've been living in a car for the last 5 days even though we did sleep in hotels. #lol# I guess 40 some hours of driving will do that to a person. 8-)

I am exhausted, sore and just completely in love and awe of these guys more than ever before which I never thought was possible. #inlove# #cloud9# #inlove# I will do some recaps over the next few days as best as I can even though it's all sort of a blur because of how many shows I jammed in to such a short time. #haha#

What I can say right now is that being at this show and seeing Rhys come out as Murray to hold a band meeting live on stage was something I'll never forget and I feel so so so lucky to have seen. #cloud9# He was amazing and so on point! It was like he had never stopped playing Murray these last 7 years. #lol# #love3#

My memory is pretty bad but it all happened after Fuck On The Ceiling, he came and interrupted the show with his note pad and pen to have a band meeting. He said he had double booked them for a gig and a band meeting and it pretty much went from there #lol# It was so great! He had both Bret and Jem in stitches. Especially Jem. #love3# It reminded me of the season 2 outtakes watching Jem cover his face and giggle behind his hand. #heart# Rhys was on stage for a significant amount of time with them. They even got him to sing a little bit of Leggy Blonde with help.. it seemed like Jemaine really wanted him to do it and was the most influential when it came to this happening. #haha# It was fucking adorable and hilarious and so many amazing things! Rhys also came back on stage later in the show as Murray again to play the triangle during Think About It. His dancing was sooo cute too! #fit# #love3#

I'll go into more detail on the band meeting when I do my recap. I just had to give you guys a little bit more now since you've all been waiting. Bear with me on the actual recaps though seriously... I'm back to work first thing tomorrow already. 8-) If you guys have any questions about any of it please ask me! ;D


As for after the show, I wouldn't say there was a meet and greet. No Bret and Jemaine came out a good hour after the show ended. The crowd of people waiting was bigger than I've seen at any of their shows so I was in part already thinking there wouldn't be a meet and greet just because of that.

While we were waiting everyone was kind of just lined up against the building, hanging out and when Jem finally did come out everyone sort of rushed and swarmed around him. It was a little overwhelming to me so Jess and I just kind of stayed back, hoping he'd make his way to us. It was so nuts that people were just running up to him, posing, snapping a selfie and taking off. Jem was SO GRACIOUS though!! He was so sweet that he was even moving people into better light, taking more than one photo if the first one didn't turn out, smiling, signing things, etc.

Then after maybe 10 minutes or so a crew member told Jemaine "2 more minutes" before they had to go. Pretty much right after this Jem came to me and my sister and we got our time with him. It was really fast, I don't think he was outside for much more than 20 minutes total but I could be wrong because I was freaking the fuck out on the inside. #haha# We got our picture with him, I was able to tell him about the Flighty gifts and pretty much just thank him. It was so fast I didn't even ask him to sign anything but I don't even care. I'm just thankful for the time he did give us.
I'm sure it was less than 5 minutes after that he was making his way on to the bus.

While Jem was finishing up we noticed Nigel standing by the back of the bus so we went and talked to him for a couple of minutes. I always forget how shy and soft spoken he is! #love3# I had my Folk The World CD with me, with Nigel in mind of signing it. When I pulled it out to ask he seemed slightly surprised to see it. He was all "Oh wow, that's really old." #lol# Then trying to remember the year. He guessed 2001 or 2002.(it was 2002) When it came to signing the CD he asked me where he should sign it and I said "On the front.. or wherever you want" so he signed the back. It almost seemed like he didn't feel comfortable signing the front. Awwww. #nigel# #blowkiss#

When it comes to the Flighty gifts, as I'm sure some are wondering.. we were not able to give the gifts to Jem on this night for a couple of reasons. We weren't able to bring them into the venue with us so we had to leave them in the car, then the parking lot was nowhere near the venue but around the block so it was really not very feasible to go back to the car for them and possibly miss out on any meeting at all. We were also really hoping we'd have the opportunity to meet Rhys after so we really didn't want to be taking forever to get back. We did get the gifts to the guys later though... it's a bit of a story which I'll explain at another time. ;)

That's all I've got for now. I'm sure I'll be making comments here and there in between posting my recaps. I've got a big job ahead of me now. #haha#
Image
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
User avatar
Amily
Administrator
 
Posts: 21840
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:18 pm
Location: New Zealand of the North

by blondesnotbombs » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:30 pm

Amily wrote:seeing Rhys come out as Murray to hold a band meeting live on stage was something I'll never forget and I feel so so so lucky to have seen. #cloud9#


#cloud9#

Amily wrote:His dancing was sooo cute too! #fit# #love3#


Oh gosh. #ded# Now I'm even more jealous I didn't get to see!

Amily wrote:when Jem finally did come out everyone sort of rushed and swarmed around him


#sadno# I really hate it when people do that. I probably would've gotten uncomfortable and left at that point. #haha#

Amily wrote:Jem was SO GRACIOUS though!! He was so sweet that he was even moving people into better light, taking more than one photo if the first one didn't turn out, smiling, signing things, etc.


#love3# #jem# #blowkiss#

Amily wrote:While Jem was finishing up we noticed Nigel standing by the back of the bus so we went and talked to him for a couple of minutes. I always forget how shy and soft spoken he is! #love3# I had my Folk The World CD with me, with Nigel in mind of signing it. When I pulled it out to ask he seemed slightly surprised to see it. He was all "Oh wow, that's really old." #lol# Then trying to remember the year. He guessed 2001 or 2002.(it was 2002) When it came to signing the CD he asked me where he should sign it and I said "On the front.. or wherever you want" so he signed the back. It almost seemed like he didn't feel comfortable signing the front. Awwww. #nigel# #blowkiss#


Awww, I'm so pleased you got to speak with Nigel! #inlove# #nigel# #inlove#

Amily wrote:I've got a big job ahead of me now. #haha#


I don't envy you. I thought writing one recap was daunting. #haha#
Image
User avatar
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny
 
Posts: 5561
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:15 am
Location: Rambling through the avenues of time

by gezyka » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:10 am

I'm so, so glad that out of all the shows they've done over the years that you guys happened to be at the one where Rhys showed up! #love3# #love3# #love3# I hope a longer clip of it comes out someday because it sounds like it was amazing.

I was worried about how people might be about meeting them after shows this time around, and that pretty much confirms my fears. 8-) But of course Jem was still the Jem we all know him to be. #heart# #jem# #blowkiss# And Nigel! #nigel# #blowkiss#
User avatar
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute
 
Posts: 20311
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:17 pm
Location: Texas Lexus?

by boomqueen » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:06 pm

I'll just add a little bit to our meeting with Jemaine because I don't remember much lol

I remember shaking his hand like a dork when he first turned to me I said Hi Jemaine and I asked nicely if we could get a pic.

I know when we were about to take a selfie I said I was shaking and was actually asking Jemaine to take it lol but a nice girl offered to for us at the same time. When I gave it to her it was still in selfie mode and Jemaine teased me about taking a long time lol and I don't remember exactly how he said it, I just remember saying "I'm sorry, I'm shaking!" lol

I'm always awkward and embarrass myself when I meet Jemaine lol Back in SLC, I meant to say "pretend you like me", so he would smile in the pic but I accidentally said "pretend we like each other" so I sounded like I wasn't a fan of his...he laughed anyway though lol ;D #wave# #bolt#

And I'm still 0 for 6 trying to meet Bret #sadlove#
User avatar
boomqueen
You don't have to be a prostitute
 
Posts: 6493
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:19 pm
Location: Dave's House of Deals

by gezyka » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:35 pm

Aww, yeah, I kind of have a love/hate relationship with meet and greets because AWKWARD. #nervous#

boomqueen wrote:And I'm still 0 for 6 trying to meet Bret #sadlove#

#saddance# #saddance# (well, not sure of the number, just has never happened!) #hug#
User avatar
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute
 
Posts: 20311
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:17 pm
Location: Texas Lexus?

by onlyalways » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:48 pm

Ami I don't even know what to say, I just want to quote every line and put a million #love3#s as a reply.

But this especially:

Amily wrote:He had both Bret and Jem in stitches. Especially Jem. #love3# It reminded me of the season 2 outtakes watching Jem cover his face and giggle behind his hand. #heart# Rhys was on stage for a significant amount of time with them. They even got him to sing a little bit of Leggy Blonde with help.. it seemed like Jemaine really wanted him to do it and was the most influential when it came to this happening. #haha# It was fucking adorable and hilarious and so many amazing things! Rhys also came back on stage later in the show as Murray again to play the triangle during Think About It. His dancing was sooo cute too! #fit# #love3#


This makes me so fucking happy. #cry# #inlove# #inlove# #inlove# #cry#


Amily wrote:Then after maybe 10 minutes or so a crew member told Jemaine "2 more minutes" before they had to go. Pretty much right after this Jem came to me and my sister and we got our time with him. It was really fast, I don't think he was outside for much more than 20 minutes total but I could be wrong because I was freaking the fuck out on the inside. #haha# We got our picture with him, I was able to tell him about the Flighty gifts and pretty much just thank him. It was so fast I didn't even ask him to sign anything but I don't even care. I'm just thankful for the time he did give us.
I'm sure it was less than 5 minutes after that he was making his way on to the bus.


#heart# #fit# #heart# #jem# #heart# #fit# #heart#


Sounds like they were in a rush to the next city, so I'm SO happy he was able cut out some time to meet some fans, especially you guys. #cloud9#

Amily wrote:While Jem was finishing up we noticed Nigel standing by the back of the bus so we went and talked to him for a couple of minutes. I always forget how shy and soft spoken he is! #love3# I had my Folk The World CD with me, with Nigel in mind of signing it. When I pulled it out to ask he seemed slightly surprised to see it. He was all "Oh wow, that's really old." #lol# Then trying to remember the year. He guessed 2001 or 2002.(it was 2002) When it came to signing the CD he asked me where he should sign it and I said "On the front.. or wherever you want" so he signed the back. It almost seemed like he didn't feel comfortable signing the front. Awwww. #nigel# #blowkiss#


#love3# #love3# #love3# #love3# #love3# #nigel# #love3# #love3# #love3# #love3# #love3#


boomqueen wrote:I'll just add a little bit to our meeting with Jemaine because I don't remember much lol

I remember shaking his hand like a dork when he first turned to me I said Hi Jemaine and I asked nicely if we could get a pic.

I know when we were about to take a selfie I said I was shaking and was actually asking Jemaine to take it lol but a nice girl offered to for us at the same time. When I gave it to her it was still in selfie mode and Jemaine teased me about taking a long time lol and I don't remember exactly how he said it, I just remember saying "I'm sorry, I'm shaking!" lol

I'm always awkward and embarrass myself when I meet Jemaine lol Back in SLC, I meant to say "pretend you like me", so he would smile in the pic but I accidentally said "pretend we like each other" so I sounded like I wasn't a fan of his...he laughed anyway though lol ;D #wave# #bolt#


I love theses details. #love3# I'm dying over Jem teasing you and your SLC "pretend we like each other" encounter.

boomqueen wrote:And I'm still 0 for 6 trying to meet Bret #sadlove#


#hug#

gezyka wrote:I'm so, so glad that out of all the shows they've done over the years that you guys happened to be at the one where Rhys showed up! #love3# #love3# #love3# I hope a longer clip of it comes out someday because it sounds like it was amazing.


My thoughts exactly. #dance# #dance#

gezyka wrote:I was worried about how people might be about meeting them after shows this time around, and that pretty much confirms my fears. 8-)


I wonder if it was a bigger and more rambunctious crowd because of Rhys' appearance? Like more people stayed for the chance to see all three? This crowd (the size and how amped everyone seemed to be) seems to be more of an anomaly to what we're used to. (Although who knows, I could have blocked out all the bad meet and greet stories that went sour from years prior.)
Image

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
User avatar
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord
 
Posts: 7685
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:09 pm
Location: On a bus outta town

by gezyka » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:29 pm

Image
Source

Adorable giggly boys!! #love3# #fit# #love3#
User avatar
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute
 
Posts: 20311
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:17 pm
Location: Texas Lexus?

by Amily » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:34 pm

gezyka wrote:Image
Source

Adorable giggly boys!! #love3# #fit# #love3#

#love3# #fit# #love3# #cry# #love3# #fit# #love3#
Image
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
User avatar
Amily
Administrator
 
Posts: 21840
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:18 pm
Location: New Zealand of the North

PreviousNext

Return to 2016 North American Tour

cron