Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

July 24 - New York, NY

2016 North American tour and warm-up gigs are here.

by Amily » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:08 pm

onlyalways wrote:Some gifs from this video. ;D

Coco I love you for making these!!!! #excited# #glomp#

onlyalways wrote:Yeahhh, that ass shaking was right in front of us. That's the blurry pic Ami took. I think that's me in the front in both gifs with the brown hair, high ponytail. (If it is me, I look very unimpressed from the back. #haha# )

I'm pretty sure that's you too. #lol# #love3#
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by Amily » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:34 am

SEAGULL (PARTIAL)

BUSINESS TIME

BOWIE

TOO MANY DICKS (PARTIAL)
Also Jemaine being fucking adorable and messing it up twice within 48 seconds #lol# #love3#

HIPHOPOPOTAMUS VS. RHYMENOCEROS

NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by onlyalways » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:05 pm

These videos are gorgeous. #loveeyes#

Some sassy Jemaine going "Congratulations bitches!"

He's so cute. #cry#

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by Amily » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:40 pm

Coco and I both forgot to mention that during the soundcheck we got to hear the guys play Here Comes the Sun by The Beatles. :o #ded#
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by onlyalways » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:08 pm

I didn't see these posted here. #heart#

#drool# #drool# #drool# #drool# #drool#

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by gezyka » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:12 pm

It makes me pretty happy that Jem wore his Austin encore outfit for this show. #love3# #jem# #blowkiss#
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

by onlyalways » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:14 pm

I can kinda see Ami's arms here. ;D (In the right corner- white sleeves, black wristlet)

#jem# : That created a cool 80's effect. I'm quite jealous. I want to do that later.
#jem# : How did it feel Bret?
#bret# : It felt like normally life, actually.

#heart# #heart# #heart# #heart# #heart#

I'm doing my recap tomorrow! #cheer#

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by onlyalways » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:24 pm

gezyka wrote:It makes me pretty happy that Jem wore his Austin encore outfit for this show. #love3# #jem# #blowkiss#

Saaaammmmeeeeee.

I just loved it... a lot. It's just so fun and unexpected and most importantly we got to see Jem's legs. #loveeyes# Ami and I were wondering what he would wear and I was willing to bet money it was going to be one of the light weight hippie shirts (I don't know what else to call them #haha# he wore a white one and a blue one this tour) since it was SO unbearably hot but then he came out and I was like "Okay... this is already worth the price of the concert and plane ticket."

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by gezyka » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:49 am

onlyalways wrote:Saaaammmmeeeeee.

I just loved it... a lot. It's just so fun and unexpected and most importantly we got to see Jem's legs. #loveeyes# Ami and I were wondering what he would wear and I was willing to bet money it was going to be one of the light weight hippie shirts (I don't know what else to call them #haha# he wore a white one and a blue one this tour) since it was SO unbearably hot but then he came out and I was like "Okay... this is already worth the price of the concert and plane ticket."

I don't think he hates showing off those legs. #lol# Someone had written somewhere that they had just rented those outfits, so I'm glad that that wasn't true. It's funny how they're both wearing neckties and jackets, but dressed so differently. Bret must have been dying! But yeah, amazing that Jem wore that and that you guys were so close. :o
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

by emira » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:42 pm

I just want to say that I'm simply jealous you guys made it there and huge #notworthy# #notworthy# #notworthy# to Ami for making this crazy trip. #glomp#

When I heard they'll be playing in Central Park I thought, 'They finally made it! Murray got them a gig in a Central Park!' #rofl#

gezyka wrote:It's funny how they're both wearing neckties and jackets.

So casually smart and rock'n'roll #love3#
emira
You can't break this heart...

by onlyalways » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:40 pm

Ugh I can't believe it's been two weeks already. Time for some recapping! #excited#

So like Ami said, we first met up the night before the show. We got a late night dinner in the hotel restaurant that looked over a gorgeous view of Times Square. We talked so long that hotel security came by after the restaurant closed to make sure we were staying in the hotel. #haha# It was shortly after we thought it was best to finally head back and get some sleep.

We got up later than what we thought, I think it was around 10:30. #haha# We were all exhausted from traveling the day before. We made our way down into Times Square around Noon.

OH! So with it being a high of 95 degrees that day, (plus like a 100% humidity rate? So it felt even worse.) I assured Ami I was going to bring sunscreen for the day. Of course I forgot. We went down to the hotel gift shop and bought some VERY overpriced sunscreen. It was Australian Gold and on a whim I thought it would be fun to tweet it at Jemaine.

I died when I saw he responded. #rofl# I'm pretty sure sending him anything Australian is a sure fire way of getting at least a reply. I do wish I thought of something more clever to say back though. I was just too excited. :P We also laughed later at his "it's fine" like he was giving us his blessing to use sunscreen during a summer heatwave.

Anyway, so we got outside, slathered in sunscreen and I may have even stretched that morning cause I knew it was going to be a LONG day of standing/walking. We immediately started sweating bullets not even five minutes after we stepped outside. And we by the end of the day we were outside for almost 12 hours.

We took some pics with the aid of my selfie stick in Times Square. #haha# But honestly the best one of us is the one already posted in Central Park. We also walked by Rockefeller Center and took some pics there too. After about another 30 minutes of walking we made it to where we needed to by Central Park.

After getting lunch at a nice little hole-in-the-wall deli (which provided some much need air conditioning), we made it to the venue, I think it was around 2:00/2:30 about then. We started sitting in line by the SummerStage membership entrance, which was pretty much the main entrance of the venue. We were the first ones in line. #haha# And since we were by the main entrance, that is where the staff and press would enter. We got to see Eugene and Kimbra walk in prior to the show. #love3# And since it was outside like Ami mentioned we heard all of the soundcheck. #cloud9# We hear Prince of Parties, a very long rendition of Carol Brown, and The Beatle's Here Come The Sun, which they didn't even end up playing!

There was some confusion when it got to be 5:00 o'clock whether or not we were suppose to be getting wristbands. Also we overheard security talk about how a family that was already in there lost their kid, but thank god they found him. I think that pushed back the time they opened doors too. They finally let us in, and I think Ami and I were the first people of the general public to enter the venue. #lol# But we started seeing fans sprinting to front of the stage and so we quick decided to cover more ground by one of us saving a spot in the front and the other going to the merch stand then switching. #thumbsup#

So we get our spots RIGHT up against the fence, center/on Jemaine's side and it was perfect and I couldn't believe our luck. #cloud9# There was about eight feet between the fence and the edge of the stage so we were CLOSE. Closer than I was to them at Hollywood Bowl. I like to think this is the universe paying me back for the not-so-close seats in Cleveland and Columbus.

Between us getting our spots and the show starting was a bit of a struggle. The sun was beating down and everyone around us had already been out for most of the day to get a good spot. At one point we even sat on the ground just to get a breather and get away from the sun for a little. But of course when we did that we heard some commotion from people right by us - I think someone (Nigel? Jemaine?) quick snuck out from the curtain to get a pic of the crowd. I THOUGHT a guy by us went "Hey Jemaine!" but I could be wrong.

It was also super fun trying not to drink a lot of water even though I was sweating buckets the whole day in case I would need to use the bathroom during the show. The place was sold out and they kept instructing people to stand and step forward to make sure everyone got in. Luckily no one was rudely on top of us but when I'd look behind me we were packed in pretty tight.

I think around 8:00 Eugene came out and I think we were all like "Finally!" #haha# He was a delight, as usual. Nothing new material-wise since I saw him in Cbus. In the beginning someone yelled "HOW OLD ARE YOU?" and Eugene replied "How old am I? I turn 42 today." and everyone started cheering and without being prompted we ALL started singing Happy Birthday to Eugene. #heart#

Then Eugene introduced the guys and even before they came out I knew it had all been worth it. Bret came out in his black suit and Jemaine came out in his flamingo summer suit. I died. Right there. If you go there now you can see my tombstone.

I think Jemaine was trying to prompt everyone to sing Happy Birthday to Eugene, but Bret cut him off to let him know we already did that. #jem# "Oh, you already sang to Eugene? I didn't know that. I don't know much about you guys." #lol#

They introduced themselves as NZ's biggest bands, the way they have been for the tour. But I loved what they've done with it/added to it since I saw them in Ohio, which was like six weeks prior. They talked about NZ's John and he had a hit and Jemaine asks Bret to sing John's song and he goes: "I'm John, and this is my song!" so cute. Jemaine then says that that song made it to the top seven because NZ only has seven. And then the band Toby, which sounds a lot like Moby, and when they went to the states they discovered Moby's music came out 10 years before Toby's so they would be having a "strong word" with Toby. (Very reminiscent of "this tribute version came out 14 years before the Crazy Dogggz's original version".) They then noticed that Toby was just taking Moby's CDs and taking a sharpie and putting a T.

Bret talked about how he was in a band called "Bret". But he definitely made fun of us Americans saying that we would have called it "Br-ET" in an American accent. Bret said he quit the band due to artistic differences and Jemaine kept getting at him going "What kind of artistic differences?? Since it was just you..." And Bret says "Just... musical differences..." I don't think that was the response Jemaine was wanting though, I think he was trying to get some new banter going. #haha#

They sing Party and talk about how they love partying and touring and swearing.

#bret# We swear.
#jem# You just swear'd 10 seconds ago.
#bret# Not too much but a little bit. In moderation, always in moderation. That's the rock and roll lifestyle.
#jem# Excess, that's something we do in moderation. Just a little bit of excess, for instance...
#bret# Tell them about the one with the banana.
#jem# *chuckles* You just read my mind cause I was just going to.
#bret# Well we tell it most nights at this point of the show.
#jem# I'm only telling you this because Bret wants me too, and also we always tell it at this stage of the night.

This whole part I was dying but the way Jem says this last couple of lines with the cutest smile on his face just killed me.

Before Father and Son Jemaine prompted Bret to get in front of the screen to make a cool 80s effect, which did come out quite cool! Jemaine said he was jealous and would do it later. (He didn't. #fingerwave#) But when they went into Father and Son they had some momentarily technical difficulties which were quickly fixed. They start playing the song, but Jemaine keeps derailing by telling a fan to "close that lid more quietly" and to the photographer to "walk more quietly."

#jem# Sorry about that Bret.
#bret# That was a photographer trying to storm the stage.
#jem# Paparazzi.
#bret# *chuckling* He didn't seem to want to take any photos.

#rofl# #bret# #rofl#

After Father and Son, someone yells "Nice suit!" and another "Take off your jacket!" Bret explains he would but his shirt is really unironed. #haha# Jemaine goes how Bret is the Iggy Pop of the group and that it would be rock and roll to wear and wrinkly shirt. Bret then says that he regrets not wearing his short suit. (I would have double died if they both wore the summer suit. #ded# #ded# )

#jem# Invest in a short suit guys, for when you want to be professional and have fun. Speaking of investments-
#bret# *genuinely laughs* (#inlove#)
#jem# Are you laughing cause there's been a segue?
#bret# I'm liking that segue, yeah.

They derail about investments and talk about how we're all washed up hedge-funders from the market crash. #lol# Jemaine then talks about their investments in the percussion rack. The camera zooms into the instruments which also zooms into Jem's thighs which got some hoots and hollers.

#jem# We have a vibraslap, you slap it and it vibras.

#lol# #lol# #lol#

#jem# Bret, do you remember the last time we played in New York? *plays the chimes*
#bret# *looks off into the distance*
#bret# ...it was just a few days ago.

#heart# #haha# #heart#

They brought out Nigel and a few people yelled out for him. They also noticed someone made a sign for him. #love3#

They then went into Most Beautiful Girl and right into Stana. I always love Stana, especially some bits they added since I saw them last about Stana's erection being slim and the audience going "ooooh..." and Jemaine reacting: "Oh, how come you weren't shocked that he had an erection but you were shocked he had a slim one? Is it because you think bad guys have big ones, no that's just a rumor CREATED BY BAD GUYS!" #rofl# "No they have tiny ones, that's why they're so angry!... tiny hands too..." which got a big cheer since it's a nod to Donald Trump. #lol#

I love Stana but I think with the heat a lot of us didn't have quite the attention span for it. When they said his name was Anats and Jemaine hit the chimes going "Satanagram?... No?" #bret# "Fuck you, they liked that in Boston." #rofl# Bret cursed a lot this night! #buttrock#

#bret# I think they're too hot for this song.
#jem# [in character, full-on American accent] WE'RE NEARLY THERE, MAN!
#bret# YOU GUYS WANNA HEAR THE END OF THIS SONG?!

And everyone cheered. #haha# I also think it's cute how now they give a free tshirt to the person they tell to go fuck themselves cause they feel guilty. #love3#

I think the same guy started yelling for Bret to take off his jacket again. Bret said he was about to faint from the heat. #haha# He started saying he wanted to change into a tshirt and Jemaine kept trying to hand him a shirt from their own merch stand but Bret wasn't having it. Bret then goes offstage** to change and Jemaine says that he could play something from The Jemaine while they wait. Instead Nigel did some solo stuff and it was beautiful.

**Soooo since Ami and I were so close and on Jemaine's side, we actually saw Bret offstage changing out of his jacket and shirt and into a tshirt. #ded# #ded# #ded# #ded#

I think it was around this time, if not maybe a bit before, but Jemaine sometime earlier in the night took off his jacket, undid his tie (this will be immortalized in my brain forever), untucked his shirt and undid a couple buttons of his shirt. We pretty much got a costume change from the two of them. The heat may have totally sucked but some good came out of it. :P

They then started talking about their set list or "vibe paper". Someone requested Sellotape and I died a million deaths again because I've never heard this live.

#jem# : We usually don't do requests but we get pretty tired during this stage of the tour.
#bret# : When it's hot like this we'll just do whatever you tell us!

#haha# #love3# #bret# #love3# #haha#

We started singing along toward the end of the song. It was such an awesome experience. They ended the song and we wanted to keep going another lyric. After the song Nigel started leaving and Nigel-Guy-Fan went "NIGEL!!!" Bret goes that he quit because it's too hot.

I think the crowd started to get a little better cause the sun was finally going down and it was starting to feel a little bit better. We started yelling stuff and Jem told us to us to "Hush now, it's our turn now." #haha# They then went into Mutha'uckas/Hurt Feeling with some Let's Hear it for New York by Alicia Keys. It was great and appropriate but I really wish they had done "It's getting hot in here" by Nelly instead. #lol#

They then started to go into Carol Brown. Matt came out and brought out an additional chair for Kimbra. Jemaine said Matt was one of their favorite people and that just warmed my heart. #love3# Carol Brown with Kimbra was great.

They played Think About It, I LOLed when Jemaine said that putting zoning on DVDs was one of the issues. We clapped along and Bret told us to fade it out, and I think we did it so well it freaked Bret out a little bit.

Next was Robots. Nigel went to leave again and Nigel-Guy-Fan yelled "NIGEL!!!" again. Jemaine said he was taking another union break but the guy just painstakingly yelled "NOOO!!!" I loved him. #haha#

They then did Fuck on the Ceiling. Nigel came back out after and everyone cheered (and of course so did Nigel-Guy-Fan) and Nigel sat down and after a moment really softly into the mic said "I missed you too." #love3# #love3# #love3#

Next was Seagull, Jemaine had to stop Bret to tune and said this was going to be one of their rock and roll stories for their book.

#jem# : Remember the banana story? *plays chimes*
#jem# : Wait Bret I was looking at the wrong tuner...
Fan: That's pretty rock and roll.
#bret# : Thank you, you're doing our banter for us.
#jem# : It's in tune.
Fan: I believe in you!!!
#bret# : You believe in us? We can do it, we can tune our guitars.
#jem# : That's all we needed.

Bret didn't start on cue and Jemaine told their video guy John to not show his hands on screen cause they weren't moving quickly. #rofl#

#jem# : I appreciate what you're trying to do...
#bret# : Can you make it look like we're playing better than we are?
#jem# : It makes me self-conscious about my sausage-like fingers.
Fan: They're beautiful!
#jem# : Thank you. Someone said they're beautiful. Someone who likes sausages, probably.

#rofl# #rofl# #rofl# I can't believe he could be self-conscious about his hands/fingers though! I love his hands. Ami and I looked at each other and went "Big delicious hands!" in unison. I wish we had yelled that but we're shy. Jemaine told us all to shush again before going into the song officially. #rofl# It was fun to caw with Bret at the end of Seagull since they didn't do that in Ohio.

They then talked about after a couple of songs they would leave and come back. Someone asked if Nigel will be coming back. I really love how much love Nigel got.

Next was Business Time. Pretty usual, Jemaine was sounding reeeallly good. Not that he usually doesn't of course, but maybe the fact it was outside made it sound better. I remember Jemaine sounding especially great at Berkeley and Hollywood Bowl too. I was laughing when Jem was going you say something sexy like "Babe I might go to bed I got work in the morning... Bae... Bae... hey babe... bae... hey babe..." in a very valley girl kinda voice. #haha#

They go into Bowie for their "pretend last song". After the song, they left the stage. But then guess what then happened? They came back!

Bus Driver's Song was requested and it was amazing. #cry# It's so lovely live.

After, since we were so close, they were talking amongst themselves and Jemaine seemed VERY adamant about doing Prince of Parties. But then a fan yelled out "Too Many Dicks" and Bret talked about how they did a version for the Folkfest and told everyone they'd do a little bit of the folk arrangement of Too Many Dicks. #thud# This was also so wonderful to hear live. Although toward the end, Jemaine "forgot the lyrics", which maybe he did. But the more I think about it, I wonder if he did it on purpose to wrap up the song. Again, it looked like he REALLY wanted to do Prince of Parties at some point before the night was over.

But then surprisingly they went right into Hiphopopotamus Vs. Rhymenoceros, so maybe that theory is shot and he really did forget the lyrics. And as you can tell in the video/gif, it was soo cute how Jem went "Congratulations, bitches!" #heart#

It was so cute, Bret said they'd stay a little longer and everyone cheered.

#bret# : If you need to leave you can go, you might be paying a babysitter or something.
#jem# : Are you paying your babysitter?
#bret# : *chuckling* I am actually.
#jem# : We don't get more money by staying longer; it's not very economical.

Then they get into Prince of Parties. I remember almost dancing in my spot, I forgot how upbeat that song is live. Jemaine then started playing the flute like I've seen in pics from later into the tour. He sounded bad and it was great.

Last was 1353. #excited2# They played the song and then RIGHT before they started playing the recorders, Jemaine started wrapping up the lyrics and he goes "woo-ooo lady I just wooed you, woo woo, I love y-.... wooed you lady" . He tried covering it up but I think a lot of us caught that he pretty much said "I love you" not "I wooed you". #rofl# Not exactly sure what happened there, maybe he went on autopilot. Or maybe it had something to do with Ami and I being at the show. ;) #rasp#

So then they start playing their recorders and start getting up from their seats. #excited# Like we said before, Jemaine almost immediately walked toward Ami and I (the stage jutted out even further in the center so he got even closer than the stage edge) and played in front of us and turned around and shook his thang. After this it's all a blur because I just remember LAUGHING and not knowing where to look cause Bret and Jem were on opposite sides for a bit and were skipping back and forth from the two ends of the stage. #rofl# Then they ended the show on their knees rocking out with the recorders. #buttrock#

The whole night was just so amazing. I want to go back to there. #heart#

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by onlyalways » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:12 pm

Haha, I was so ready to end this recap I didn't think to write what happened AFTER the show...

So we took a much deserved taxi cab ride back to our hotel at the Mariott at Times Square. Our hunger was finally setting in since it had been 9ish hours since we ate lunch, so we ate at this place called Junior's that was right across from the hotel. It ended up being a nice little diner which was perfect for us. The waiter came to our table and this happened:

Waiter: Oh did you go to a Flight of the Conchords show?
(We were both pretty surprised he even knew who they were.)
Me, being an asshole: No, we just wear these tshirts sometimes.
The waiter laughed and I apologized. #haha#
Waiter: You know they were here, right?
Us: Yeah, they were in Queens earlier in the week.
Waiter: No, Jemaine was here at the restaurant with his family.
Us: :o :o :o :o
Us: So, when? Like, recently?
Waiter: Like in the past week.
Us, internally: #wah#
Waiter: But that guy, *points to our shirts* his hair is SUCH a dye job!
It took us a second, but then we went: What? Oh, no! This picture is really old, I doubt he dies it.
Waiter: Oh ok, cause he is GRAY.
I told him salt and pepper is a good look on a guy but I don't think he caught it. Our waiter then talked about how Tracy Morgan frequents the place regularly and how what you see on TV is what you see in real life, and how he will start talking to people at other tables. He then did a pretty spot on impression of him which made me laugh.

I will say I got a little nervous after, if Jemaine and his family walked in I think we'd hide under our table. I wouldn't want him to feel obligated to talk/entertain us... and we were pretty freaking obvious with our shirts. #lol#

We got our greasy diner food and took cheesecake to the room. (YUM!) After a round of showers, Ami and I talked and giggled until 4 in the morning. #rofl#

The next morning we got up, Ami had to be in a cab ready for the airport by like 11. We did run some quick errands and some souvenir shopping that morning. We thought it would be great to quick visit the filming location of their apartment for the show, it was a subway ride away, but it would have been too much for one morning.

I walked with her to the taxi and we said our goodbyes. There were some tears. But obviously very well worth it. #cloud9#

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by blondesnotbombs » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:03 pm

onlyalways wrote:It was also super fun trying not to drink a lot of water even though I was sweating buckets the whole day in case I would need to use the bathroom during the show.

This is the thing that I absolutely hate about going to festival/general admission outdoor shows. It's usually ridiculously hot outside and if you want a good spot (and don't want to lose it), you basically have to stand in the heat all day with no food/water/toilet breaks. #thumbsdown#

onlyalways wrote:I think around 8:00 Eugene came out and I think we were all like "Finally!" #haha# He was a delight, as usual. Nothing new material-wise since I saw him in Cbus. In the beginning someone yelled "HOW OLD ARE YOU?" and Eugene replied "How old am I? I turn 42 today." and everyone started cheering and without being prompted we ALL started singing Happy Birthday to Eugene. #heart#

Awww, I love Eugene so much. #love3#

onlyalways wrote: #jem# Excess, that's something we do in moderation.

OMG. #ded# This quote delights me.

onlyalways wrote:"Oh, how come you weren't shocked that he had an erection but you were shocked he had a slim one? Is it because you think bad guys have big ones, no that's just a rumor CREATED BY BAD GUYS!" #rofl# "No they have tiny ones, that's why they're so angry!... tiny hands too..." which got a big cheer since it's a nod to Donald Trump. #lol#

#lol# They've taken a lot of digs at Donald Trump this tour, bless them.

onlyalways wrote: #bret# "Fuck you, they liked that in Boston." #rofl# Bret cursed a lot this night! #buttrock#

#inlove# #bret# #inlove#

onlyalways wrote:I also think it's cute how now they give a free tshirt to the person they tell to go fuck themselves cause they feel guilty. #love3#

Seriously?! They are precious. #bret# #blowkiss# #jem# #blowkiss#

onlyalways wrote:**Soooo since Ami and I were so close and on Jemaine's side, we actually saw Bret offstage changing out of his jacket and shirt and into a tshirt. #ded# #ded# #ded# #ded#

I had this same experience at the Hollywood Bowl show when they changed before coming out for the encore. I haven't been the same since.

onlyalways wrote:Someone requested Sellotape and I died a million deaths again because I've never heard this live.

That's crazy! I've heard them do it a few times, including the infamous Atlanta show where Bret jumped into the crowd and then just disappeared. #haha# I didn't realize the song had eluded you until now.

onlyalways wrote:After the song Nigel started leaving and Nigel-Guy-Fan went "NIGEL!!!" Bret goes that he quit because it's too hot.

#haha# #nigel# #blowkiss#

onlyalways wrote:Jemaine said Matt was one of their favorite people and that just warmed my heart. #love3#

Awwww. #love3#

onlyalways wrote:They played Think About It, I LOLed when Jemaine said that putting zoning on DVDs was one of the issues.

It IS an issue. >:( Jemaine for President tbh.

onlyalways wrote:Nigel came back out after and everyone cheered (and of course so did Nigel-Guy-Fan) and Nigel sat down and after a moment really softly into the mic said "I missed you too." #love3# #love3# #love3#

#fit# #inlove# #nigel# #blowkiss# #inlove# #fit#

(Nigel-Guy-Fan might be my favorite FotC fan.)

onlyalways wrote: #jem# : It makes me self-conscious about my sausage-like fingers.
Fan: They're beautiful!
#jem# : Thank you. Someone said they're beautiful. Someone who likes sausages, probably.

#rofl# #rofl#

onlyalways wrote:It was fun to caw with Bret at the end of Seagull since they didn't do that in Ohio.

#cloud9#

onlyalways wrote:I really love how much love Nigel got.

#cloud9# [2]

onlyalways wrote:Bus Driver's Song was requested and it was amazing. #cry# It's so lovely live.

I'm not jealous. #cry# #sadd#

onlyalways wrote:Last was 1353. #excited2# They played the song and then RIGHT before they started playing the recorders, Jemaine started wrapping up the lyrics and he goes "woo-ooo lady I just wooed you, woo woo, I love y-.... wooed you lady" . He tried covering it up but I think a lot of us caught that he pretty much said "I love you" not "I wooed you". #rofl# Not exactly sure what happened there, maybe he went on autopilot. Or maybe it had something to do with Ami and I being at the show. ;) #rasp#

It was a total Freudian slip. #happyyes#

onlyalways wrote:Waiter: But that guy, *points to our shirts* his hair is SUCH a dye job!

Who asked him?! #fingerwave# Your name dropping waiter sounds a bit weird. #haha#

onlyalways wrote:We thought it would be great to quick visit the filming location of their apartment for the show, it was a subway ride away, but it would have been too much for one morning.

Awww, that's too bad. It's really fun and a bit surreal to see the place in person.

onlyalways wrote:I walked with her to the taxi and we said our goodbyes. There were some tears. But obviously very well worth it. #cloud9#

What an amazing weekend! #cloud9#
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

by onlyalways » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:52 pm

blondesnotbombs wrote:
onlyalways wrote:I also think it's cute how now they give a free tshirt to the person they tell to go fuck themselves cause they feel guilty. #love3#

Seriously?! They are precious. #bret# #blowkiss# #jem# #blowkiss#

I know right?! Not sure how long they've been doing this. They brought out a couple shirts and even asked if the guy wanted a medium or large. #love3#

blondesnotbombs wrote:
onlyalways wrote:**Soooo since Ami and I were so close and on Jemaine's side, we actually saw Bret offstage changing out of his jacket and shirt and into a tshirt. #ded# #ded# #ded# #ded#

I had this same experience at the Hollywood Bowl show when they changed before coming out for the encore. I haven't been the same since.

I think I remember you saying this before but I'm confused, I thought they'd just put on their clothes back on over the jumpsuits for the encore. I didn't think they actually changed out of them?...

Feel free to PM me the deets

blondesnotbombs wrote:
onlyalways wrote:Someone requested Sellotape and I died a million deaths again because I've never heard this live.

That's crazy! I've heard them do it a few times, including the infamous Atlanta show where Bret jumped into the crowd and then just disappeared. #haha# I didn't realize the song had eluded you until now.

I forgot all about that! #rofl# Now I'm doubting since I've been to so many, but I really thought I'd never heard it live. May have to double check that.

blondesnotbombs wrote:
onlyalways wrote:Bus Driver's Song was requested and it was amazing. #cry# It's so lovely live.

I'm not jealous. #cry# #sadd#

Considering we saw Bret topless and they sang Bus Driver's Song I was thinking about you a lot. #hug#

blondesnotbombs wrote:
onlyalways wrote:Waiter: But that guy, *points to our shirts* his hair is SUCH a dye job!

Who asked him?! #fingerwave# Your name dropping waiter sounds a bit weird. #haha#

LOLOL at the time I didn't think it was weird but writing it down I started rethinking it. #rofl# I mean, snide comment aside it somewhat confirms that he could have seen him since he does have more gray hair now. But then again, I do wonder if he did actually see him "last week" like he said. Whatever. It was a fun and very unexpected interaction.

blondesnotbombs wrote:
onlyalways wrote:We thought it would be great to quick visit the filming location of their apartment for the show, it was a subway ride away, but it would have been too much for one morning.

Awww, that's too bad. It's really fun and a bit surreal to see the place in person.

I have been there, but it was like five years ago. Wish I could have gone again with Ami though. Would have been neat to see the NZ Consulate filming location too.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by Zabel » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:09 pm

Thanks for the awesome recap. You said Jemaine was at a dinner with his family during the tour. Does that mean their families toured with them? Cuteness! #love3#
Zabel
I'm not crying

PreviousNext

Return to 2016 North American Tour