Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

2x10 'Evicted'

Discussions, articles, etc. about the TV show go here.

by sheila » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:20 pm

giggletycoon wrote:I'm not sure if someone has mentioned this, but the style of the video for Petrov takes a lot from Tonight, Tonight by the Smashing Pumkins.

I must have watched this video a million times the summer before middle school.

[image] [image] [image]

sheila
Way less focused than squirrels

by talkkiwitome » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:35 pm

I enjoyed the episode and thought it was actually a fitting ending, although a little sad. I hope it's not the end of the series, but I can't blame the guys if they decide not to do more because they're got so much on their plates already. Plus I've watched shows that started to tank and wished that they'd gotten out while the gettin' was good, so to speak--for Conchords, the show was still good, so it's probably better to go out on a high point.

Someone's probably mentioned this already, but it said stay tuned after the show for details about getting the poster from the contest. I don't have HBO, so I didn't get those details--so how do I obtain a poster? Can we just buy them on the tour?
talkkiwitome
Turning white clouds grey

by gezyka » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:49 pm

talkkiwitome wrote:... Someone's probably mentioned this already, but it said stay tuned after the show for details about getting the poster from the contest. I don't have HBO, so I didn't get those details--so how do I obtain a poster? Can we just buy them on the tour?

I watched a little after the show just in case there was anything extra (wasn't actually thinking of the poster), but there wasn't. Just commercials and then it went to Eastbound and Down.

It seems like this would be the place to go, even though it says exactly what you remember (but still with no details): http://conchordswiki.hbo.com/?t=anon
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

by earthintruder » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:44 pm

I can't believe it's over.

First, let me start by saying that I didn't get to see the play cos I watched most of the episode on YouTube and for some reason it didn't end up in the video. But the buildup was fantastic.

I always thought "Petrov" was a funny song and when it was starting, I was like, "I know what's coming here..." Although I sent an early version of it to my mom and she thought it was weird.

The pigeons? Hilarious. Where did he get them? Did he just reach out the window and grab a couple?

Bret dancing on the trash can lids was so cute. His smile is priceless and it was obvious they had a ball when they were shooting that scene.

The end scene was wonderful. Truly wonderful. Even though their dreams of being a successful band in America didn't quite pan out they seemed really happy. Who knew that being a shepard would be so much fun?

All in all, I can live with that as an ending. I would love another season but that'll do it for me. It was nice to finally see a silver lining that didn't get broken at some point.

I adore Bret and Jemaine and I will continue to follow them after this is over. There are other things to enjoy that they're involved in, you know? We can still love them even if they don't do another season of their TV show.
earthintruder
The day time of the night

by chrissycubana » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:00 pm

what a fantastic way to end such a phenomenal show. i'll have to watch this episode again, but i think it might be my favorite, including eps from season 1.

i've loved the guys' send-up of the american dream throughout the series, and this episode wrapped up that driving theme of the show so brilliantly. arj as the statue of liberty, indeed.

i wasn't expecting petrov, yelena and me so when it began i nearly lost my mind. it is one of my top three fotc songs, and i loved how they worked it into an episode involving a psycho-killer and a permanently sexually ravenous mel.

i don't want to see the show end... but if it has to happen, this is certainly the way to go.

kudos and well done, guys. [image]

"If there's one thing I can't stand, it's plagiarism."

"Suddenly, playing with yourself is a scholarly pursuit."
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

by SheWolf » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:24 am

It was a thing of beauty. It was a flower. It was love at its best.

[image] [image] [image] [image] [image]

[image] [image] [image] [image] [image]
SheWolf
Let's boom the boom

by tanfastic » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:18 pm

Jemaine a had delirious kinda grin on his face in parts of this ep, a look I don't remember from other ones. When he's opening and closing the window, plus throwing the sheep etc at the end.

Man those sheep can run. In the closing shots, they look like that Centipede game.
tanfastic
Let's boom the boom

by murrayland » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:19 pm

Jemaine had delirious kinda grin on his facein parts of this ep, a look I don't remember from other ones. When he's opening and closing the window, plus throwing the sheep etc at the end.

Yes, I think it's a grin of relief...
murrayland

by tickertapequeen » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:59 pm

I've narrowed down my absolute favorite ickle bitty moment: the Murray kickline. That makes me CRACK THE HELL UP.
tickertapequeen

by onlyalways » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:08 pm

After two agonizing days, I finally saw the finale.

[image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] ;D [image] [image] :D ;D [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] :) :'( [image]
(Emotional Rollercoaster)

Very satisfying. Nice Closure. The music was lacking for me, but I'm not a big fan of Petrov [image] .

The whole musical idea reminded me a lot of Its Always Sunny and Philadelphia and the impromptu music numbers reminded me of Spaced:

But I really enjoyed the episode and loved what they did with Mel and Doug's characters.

What a great show.

[image]

[image]

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by mistysquarepants » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:51 am

your group of smileys was a good description of my face the whole time through the last show... lol
mistysquarepants
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by murrayland » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:08 am

I can't embed, and this is a song I don't like, but the video really reminds me of Petrov, I mentioned it earlier, but didn't post the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkTa9SpvJ9U

murrayland

by sally » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:12 am

Someone's posted the video of the opening musical montage on YouTube and it is the perfect cut! I've watched it no less than a dozen times, and I still giggle. I think I've found my new happy place. ;D

*~I don't think that's right, but I don't know enough about stars to dispute it.~*
sally
Bowie's in space

by sargifster » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:48 am

murrayland wrote:I can't embed, and this is a song I don't like, but the video really reminds me of Petrov, I mentioned it earlier, but didn't post the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkTa9SpvJ9U

Murrayland - Just click on the little red Tube button in the posting window and then pop your youtube link between the two tags.

Instant embed of video. :)
sargifster
Administrator

by murrayland » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:00 am

No, Sony disabled embedding of this clip.

I normally would, but it won't let me.

ETA: Bastages.
murrayland

PreviousNext

Return to HBO Series