Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

2x03 'The Tough Brets'

Discussions, articles, etc. about the TV show go here.

by hellomyfriend » Wed May 27, 2009 10:38 am

Last night's TV: Simon Schama's John Donne, Painting the Mind and Flight of the Conchords
Tim Dowling
The Guardian, Wednesday 27 May 2009

... It was reckoned that the second series of Flight of the Conchords (BBC4) would suffer in comparison with the first, since the former drew on the duo's impressive folk-parody back catalogue, and fresh material would have to be written in comparative haste. This overlooks the fact that the fictional Conchords are supposed to be a bit lame. Last night's episode opened with Bret, in his guise as the Rhymenocerous, taking to the mic to diss rival MCs. "Eminem," he raps, "is not very good. 50 Cent is not very good. Snoop Dogg is not very good ..." It was very funny, but I can see how you might have to take my word for that. In any case, you can't say success has spoiled them.

source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2009/may/27/last-nights-tv-schama-donne
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

by aom192 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:48 pm

Got this from another forum:

SBS in Australia gave Mr. Lee subtitles when he talks in a foreign language during his interview. It said: "he looks pretty weak, I don't think he could take on all those gangsters!"

thanks helgecko from whatthefolk
aom192
I like to rock the party!

by hellomyfriend » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:08 pm

aom192 wrote:Got this from another forum:

SBS in Australia gave Mr. Lee subtitles when he talks in a foreign language during his interview. It said: "he looks pretty weak, I don't think he could take on all those gangsters!"

thanks helgecko from whatthefolk

That's awesome. [image]
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

Previous

Return to HBO Series