Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

August 25 - Dallas, TX

All Oddball Fest gigs are here as well as a couple of warm-up ones.

by merrycat » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:00 pm

gezyka wrote:
merrycat wrote:Anyway, during the show, Bret - accident prone Bret - got down on the ramp leading into the audience and leaned a little too far forward. He slipped and did a face plant right into the chest of a woman sitting in the first row! He apologized for spitting on her (really?) and got up quickly and got back up to the stage. The big monitors lost him during all this, so only caught a glimpse. He told the audience they like getting intimate with the crowd, but that was a little TOO intimate. Pretty sure he was embarrassed, but I don't think that woman minded too much. I wouldn't have minded!

Hi Merry! #wave# Thanks for posting about the show. Ami and I were sitting on the lawn and could only see what was on the monitors, so we definitely missed this. We did see what he did in Houston, which was kind of hard to tell...he had a girl's face in his hands while singing and he was making it look like he was being somewhat inappropriate, but I can't imagine. So I guess I assumed something like that had happened again. Glad he didn't hurt himself!

Curious to know if we ever find out about your husband's experience. I hope it was Bret!

All I can say is hubby wants vindication. He just wants someone to believe him but there's just no proof. Poor hubby.
merrycat
I'm making a lasagne... for one

by maile » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:52 am

Hey guys!

I wanted to post these for those I may not be friends with on FB. Plus it cracks me up.

I happened to be in Dallas for a work thing when the guys were in town as well. I got in Sunday morning and was bitching because I had to wait in the baggage terminal for 4 hours (long story).

Anyways, there I was reading my tablet and I just happened to look up. Right in front of me is Bret. And I'm like. This isn't real. Then I look to my right and there's Jemaine. I wanted to go up to them SO BAD but I felt like a crazy stalker! Like seriously what are the chances that we both happen to be in that terminal, hahahaha. Anyways, I didn't go up to them (I mean really, who wants to be bothered after getting off the plane...) but I kind of wish I did. Ah well.

Anyways, I tried to get pics while I sat there and I guess I wasn't so stealthy because Jemaine definitely caught me... hahahaha. Sorry J!

maile
Lost but happy at sea

by merrycat » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:32 pm

So they weren't on the tour bus, they flew from Houston to Dallas - or was this leaving Dallas after the show Sunday night? Surprised that Sub Pop flies their talent on commercial airliners - especially Oscar winners! Now I wish we HAD flown to Dallas on Sunday instead of driving from Oklahoma. Driving was cheaper but flying was FASTER and I might have gotten to see the guys at the airport. Sigh!!!
merrycat
I'm making a lasagne... for one

by caiknbake » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:54 pm

emira wrote:Image
instagram

HOLY HELL they look hot in this photo #loveeyes# #six# #ded#
ImageImage
caiknbake
PANTIES ON

by emira » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:07 pm

caiknbake wrote:HOLY HELL they look hot in this photo #loveeyes# #six# #ded#

Jemaine wearing this hat and from this angle in this photo reminds me a florist standing opposite my shop where I work. He's a cool guy, but definitely isn't hot. #haha#
emira
You can't break this heart...

by emira » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:32 pm

emira
You can't break this heart...

Previous

Return to 2013 Oddball Comedy & Curiosity Festival