NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by emira » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:34 pm

Conchords stars to play Town Hall
SOPHIE SPEER
Last updated 05:00 15/03/2012

Oscar winner Bret McKenzie and his Flight of the Conchords' comedic co-star Jemaine Clement are coming to Auckland in June as part of a long-awaited national tour.

The comedy-folk darlings' nine-stop tour hits Auckland's Town Hall for a one-off show on June 16.

Both McKenzie, who scooped the best original song Oscar last month for Man or Muppet, and Clement are thrilled to be bringing their comedy act back to its roots.

''It's going to be great to play New Zealand again,'' McKenzie said.

''I can't wait to perform where people can understand our accents.''

Co-promoter Stuart Clumpas said to avoid scalping 300 tickets for each show would be available for people queuing at the box office. Lines are expected to be long and form early.

''I think it's going to be an extremely popular tour. I'm hoping people will camp out,'' he said.

''Queuing up makes it something special, something exciting.''

Despite the duo's international success tickets prices will be set at between $55 and $79.

As well as performances in Auckland and Wellington, the Conchords will also play at smaller venues such as Hastings and Nelson.

''The guys wanted to get out into the heartland. There aren't many artists out there of their stature playing [small-town venues],'' Clumpas said.

The duo cut their comedy teeth in Wellington but quickly gathered an international following, performing at events such as the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.

More than 100 people jammed into Wellington's small Aro St Video Shop to hear a 15-minute set in 2008.

Internationally they play on a much larger scale, selling out shows at the 17,000-capacity Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles and the 12,500-capacity Wembley Arena in London.

The first tickets to go on sale will be part of a Visa presale, from midday on Tuesday to 5pm the following day. Visa card holders can buy a maximum of four tickets.

Box offices around the country will open at 8am on Friday next week, guaranteeing 300 tickets for each show, with a limit of two per person.

Internet and phone sales will be available from midday on Friday, with a maximum of four tickets.

stuff.co.nz

the same article is also published as "Conchords fly home for long-awaited tour"
emira
You can't break this heart...

by chrissycubana » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:09 pm

#cheer# #cheer# #cheer# #cheer# #cheer# #cheer# #cheer# #cheer#

"If there's one thing I can't stand, it's plagiarism."

"Suddenly, playing with yourself is a scholarly pursuit."
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

by emira » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:01 pm

Conchords fans queue up - 14 hours early
By Chris Schulz and Nik Dirga
5:51 PM Thursday Mar 22, 2012

Are you already in line for Flight of the Conchords? Or going to be?
Tell us your story, email photos of your line experience to us.

Fans already are lining up at the Edge in Auckland for Flight of the Conchords tickets, which don't go on sale until Friday morning. Photo / Twitter

They'll fly even if it takes them all night. At least half-a-dozen fans are already waiting outside Aotea Centre in Auckland for tickets for the Flight of the Conchords concerts - which don't go on sale for another 14 hours.

The Edge reported on Twitter that "there are already six people in line for @fotc tickets at the Aotea Centre box office," and posted a picture of the die-hard Conchords fans, who are set up with chairs for the long wait until 8am Friday.

The earlybird tickets, available to Visa cardholders for nine of the 10 June tour dates planned by the Conchords, went on sale Tuesday and all were sold out in 30 minutes. That included shows in Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington, New Plymouth, Dunedin and Nelson. Details for a "special" Christchurch show are yet to be announced.

There has been plenty of hype over the shows, the first in New Zealand by Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie since 2009.

[...]

NZHerald

Long wait for Flight of the Conchords fanatics

Published: 6:14AM Friday March 23, 2012

Diehard Flight of the Conchords fans have been camping out overnight to get tickets to their much anticipated New Zealand tour.

Thirty-one people were waiting in line at 4am in Auckland's Aotea Square to make sure they got their hands on tickets for the duo's Town Hall show.

By 7.30am the queue had swelled to around 200 people.

West Auckland IT worker Andrew Poh was first in line - he and his friends arrived 16 hours before the ticket office opened yesterday.

He tried to book tickets in an online pre-sale earlier this week but those tickets were gone in six minutes.

A total of 300 tickets per show go on sale at 8am for dates around the country.

The tickets will initially only be available in person in a bid to beat so-called scalpers.

The remaining tickets will go on general sale online at midday.

TVNZ

:o #notworthy# #love3# #cheer#
emira

by emira » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:50 pm

Business time for diehard Flight of the Conchords fans

Fri, 23 Mar 2012 6:48a.m.

Flight of the Conchords fans eager to nab a ticket to the comedy duo's Auckland concert were lined up outside Aotea Square 15 hours before the box office opened.

Pre-sales for Visa customers sold out within 30 minutes on Monday.

The remaining tickets to the 10 gigs throughout New Zealand by Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie in June go on sale on Friday morning at selected outlets.

Fans must collect the tickets in person in an attempt to stop scalpers.

Tickets cost between $55 and $75.

The New Zealand Herald reported about 20 people were lined up in Aotea Square at 9pm on Thursday waiting to buy tickets, the first arriving at 4.30pm.

Some were armed with chairs, blankets, umbrellas and reading material.

[...]
Watch Video

3News
emira

by emira » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:56 pm

Cold Conchords fans snap up tickets (but more to come)
By Paul Harper
Updated 8:48 AM Friday Mar 23, 2012

Andrew Poh claimed the first ticket in Auckland when remaining Flight of the Conchords tickets went on sale at the Aotea Centre this morning. Photo / Paul Harper

Desperate Flight of the Conchords fans camped out to get their hands on tickets to the band's upcoming New Zealand shows, but scores more look set to miss out.

In an anti-scalping measure, 300 earlybird tickets went on sale at 8am for nine of the 10 upcoming Conchords shows, beginning in Hawkes Bay on June 13. Details for a Christchurch show are yet to be confirmed.

The tickets were available from select outlets and fans had to puchase them in person as organisers tried to beat scalpers. The rest of the tickets go on sale online at midday today, and cost between $55 and $79.

In Auckland, several hundred fans who missed out on pre-sales queued outside the Aotea Centre, many overnight.

While fans close to the front left the sales office happy, those further down the queue were disappointed the duo were not playing a larger venue or more Auckland shows.

Yesterday, nzherald.co.nz supplement TimeOut started rumours of a larger Conchords show - "or shows" - potentially being announced on Sunday.

Andrew Poh, of Te Atatu in West Auckland, claimed the first ticket this morning.

The 22-year-old had camped outside since 4.30pm yesterday to ensure he got a ticket.

Clutching his tickets in his hand, he said it was "worthwhile".

Mr Poh had spent the night playing music, games and cards, and managed to sneak in "no more than an hour" of sleep.

He said he has work later today, but his boss is understanding.

"It helps he is a fan too."

A third of the way down the line, Darren Martin had been camping since 4.15am.

"I panicked last night when I saw people were already down here."

He said his attempt to get a ticket online did not go well.

"I got called into a meeting just before the tickets went on sale. It was only a short meeting but by the time the meeting finished I had missed out."

The Aucklander was "relatively" confident he would get a ticket this morning.

"Otherwise it is going to be a long day in the office."

He said the crowd had been in a "pleasant mood".

Mr Martin said he had been a fan of the band for around six years but had never seen them play live before.

At the back of the line, which snaked around a 100m around the side of the Aotea Centre, Duncan Loney was "totally lacking in confidence" he would get a ticket.

Mr Loney only arrived just before 8am, but said it was not a last minute decision.

"I wasn't going to stand in a queue for hours."

If he missed out on tickets he hoped the band would schedule another Auckland gig due to the high demand.

Behind Mr Loney, George Ashcroft was surprised by the length of the queue.

"I didn't think there would be this many people here."

The Aucklander had parked in a 30-minute car park.

"I will either have to move it ... or I might as well stay here half an hour and then go."

NZHerald

More shows?! #cheer#
emira

by emira » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:37 pm

Eager Conchords fans camp overnight

Published: 6:14AM Friday March 23, 2012

watch video

Flight of the Conchords fans queued overnight to get their hands on tickets for the band's much anticipated New Zealand tour.

Around 30 diehard fans were waiting in line at 4am in Auckland's Aotea Square to make sure they got tickets for the duo's Town Hall show.

The queue swelled to around 200 people at 7.30am.

Eager fan Kirsten Gibbs was part of the "ultimate Flight of the Conchords hipsters", who were first in the queue after lining up at 4.30pm yesterday.

"We're from England, and Flight of the Conchords is what we think New Zealanders are all like, so we wanted to see that," she said.

The 24-year-old said she managed to get some sleep over night and was entertained by a Kapa Haka group in Aotea Square this morning.

Student Vicky Gaven was number 111 in line after joining the queue at 7am.

"I needed to get some sleep," Gaven said.

"I was quite happy when I saw it was raining yesterday because I thought there would be less people in queue."
[...]

TVNZ
emira

by emira » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:41 pm

emira

by emira » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:05 pm

Long night for Conchords tickets
JESSICA TASMAN-JONES
Last updated 12:03 23/03/2012

GLOBAL FANS: Flight of the Conchords fans Nick Mulvey and Peter Emery camped out in Auckland to get tickets.

An American man had a sleepless night in Auckland's Aotea Square queuing for Flight of the Conchords tickets.

Peter Emery, 28, arrived at the ticket office around 11.30pm yesterday where his friend Nick Mulvey had already been waiting an hour.

To prevent scalping, 300 tickets for each show were available from 8am this morning for people queuing at the box office.

Comedy duo Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie will perform 10 shows around New Zealand in June - the first on home soil since 2009 - including Auckland on June 16.

Internationally they have played to sell-out shows at the 17,000 capacity Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles and the 12,500-capacity Wembley Arena in London.

Emery, now a Grey Lynn local, says about 30 fans queued up for tickets overnight.

"We brought water, umbrellas, extra jackets, food - everything short of mountain climbing equipment."

But the pair were short of sleeping bags, meaning they were the only fans to stay awake the entire night.

"By about two, three o'clock everyone was snoring. We tried to sleep but it didn't work."

Emery says people started waking up again around 4am when more fans came to join the queue.

He got tickets just after 8am and says he couldn't see the end of the line as people counted the queue to see if they were in with a chance.

"We saw a few people going home because they saw there were too many people."

Emery moved to New Zealand just over a year ago, but became a fan of Flight of the Concords TV series while living in his native Chicago.

"Their music is great. Bret McKenzie is great. We watched The Muppets as soon as it came out."

Last month McKenzie won an Oscar for his song Man or Muppet.

Pre-sale tickets for the tour sold out in just minutes earlier this week with prices from $55 to $79.

Fairfax NZ News
emira

by Amily » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:14 am

It's time for @fotc!! http://t.co/9gwC71c3

Twitter

Great @fotc warm up by Arj Barker.. 'I love New Zealand. I love Lord of the Rings. I love Peter Jackson, he's probably my favourite author'.

Twitter

#haha#

A peak at some more more new merch. #excited2#

Twitter
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by Amily » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:28 am

@arjbarker putting his suga lumps on a display! http://instagr.am/p/L7v0MDqlv_/

Thanks auckland! Xoxo @fotc http://instagr.am/p/L7voilKlv2/

Matt

Twitter
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by Amily » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:37 am

NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by chrissycubana » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:43 pm

#love3# #love3# #love3# #love3# #love3# #love3# #love3# #love3# #love3# #love3# #love3# #love3# #love3# #love3# #love3# #love3# #love3# #love3# #love3# #love3# #love3# #love3# #love3# #love3# #love3# #love3# #love3#

"If there's one thing I can't stand, it's plagiarism."

"Suddenly, playing with yourself is a scholarly pursuit."
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

by gezyka » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:43 pm

I know this tour is happening, but it's so far away and it's been so long that it feels like it can't be real! #lol#

Amily wrote:Image
tumblr

#love3# #love3# #love3#

Aww!! #heart#
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

by gezyka » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:22 pm

Matt tweeted the link to this:

mattdshane: Great review of the @fotc show last night. I got a shout out! i.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/… #officialtourhairdresser

#haha# #love3#

Conchords in Flying form
Duo take audience on journey through the ages
MICHELLE ROBINSON
Last updated 09:49 17/06/2012

FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS: Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie at the Auckland Town Hall last night. -GRAHAME COX / Fairfax NZ

From the distant future - the year 2000, to the more innocent time of 1353 - the Flight of the Conchords took its vocal Auckland audience on a journey through the ages.

Kiwi comedy folk duo Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie kicked off electro-pop disco beat 'Too Many Dicks on the Dancefloor', complete with high-tech sound effects and a cameo rap from their good friend and American TV co-star Dave Mohumbhai aka Arj Barker. The tune brought immediate cheers mingled with laughter from the hundreds of vocal fans gathered in the Auckland Town Hall.

Donning cardboard box hats, Clement and McKenzie cleverly swivelled their headgear around to reveal silver aluminium foil robot hats which matched their shiny shirts for their classic futuristic tune 'Humans are Dead'. "We got the idea from Gaga," they said of the costume change.

Another quick change saw the boys swap into simple, colourful plaid shirts and receive a wipe down from 'Matt the hairdresser turned sound technician', and the boys were on to tales "from the road".

After making a name for themselves in the US with their HBO TV series, and performances in the likes of Hollywood Bowl, New York's Radio City Music Hall and London's Wembley Arena, the boys are now making their way around the country for a long-awaited home tour.

"We'd love to stay in Auckland but we can't. Well, if we'd love to stay in Auckland, we actually would, but then we wouldn't be on a tour, we'd just be in Auckland."

With stories of finding groupies passed out with goldfish, getting stuck in an elevator for hours "and missing a show, not this show, another show", along with endless complimentary hotel room muffins - the duo are proof they have hit the big time.

"This is rock and roll", they say of their get up and quirky on-stage antics.

A bevy of instruments came out to play, from the more basic pieces - the triangle, xylophone and recorder - to the wazinator and a cello which is beautifully performed by Nigel Collins from the "New Zealand Symphony Orchestra", or as McKenzie called it - the "New Zealand Sympathy Orchestra".

The Conchords treated fans to a mix of old and new favourites - with Clement in his storyteller's voice for Albi the Racist Dragon, and McKenzie getting into female character for French ditty 'Foux Du Fafa' and summer of 1353 hit 'Woo a Lady'.

The tempo was repeatedly pushed up and brought back down again for intimate guitar tunes, albeit with plenty of false starts and audience interjections. The synthesiser came out for '80's groove 'Inner City Pressure' before dropping down for 'I'm Not Crying' and dramatically picking up again for bass-heavy, mandolin-driven 'She's So Hot, Boom'.

At one point Clement picked up the song list sheet, scratching his head. "We're trying to bring it down but it just keeps going up and up," he exclaimed to a round of cheers. "It's just classic hit after classic hit," McKenzie agreed.

And the crowd lapped it up, from lyrics about David Bowie's "pointy nipples as space antennae" and "smoking Astroturf" to the antics of the Hippopopotamus and Rhymenoceros - "my rhymes are so potent that in this small segment, I made all of the ladies in the area pregnant".

The disco ball came down and Barry White ala Jemaine Clement crooned out 'Business Time' before the lights dimmed and the boys emerged donning sparkly silver spandex singlets. But it didn't stop there. To screams of laughter the duo cheekily ripped of their pants to reveal full leotards, which they paired with flowing capes, wings and a bright red guitar to rock out 'Demon Woman'.

Cheers and drumming feet saw the pair return for an encore which included the hilarious tale of misadventure that is 'We're Both in Love with a Sexy Lady', before swaying out to the innuendo song of the night 'Sugar Lumps'.

For almost two hours of stop-start, awkwardly funny, chaotic entertainment, FOTC ensured there was never really a dull moment.

FOTC finish their Tour of New Zealand at Auckland's Vector Arena on June 29 and July 1, tickets are available through Ticketmaster.

Source

The wazinator? #lol#

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjSijEE4KuQ[/youtube]

And now I'm thinking maybe the mini accordion is for Foux du Fafa... #idea#
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

Next

Return to 2012 Tour of New Zealand and Australia