Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

17 June - New Plymouth, NZ

It's all right here.

by onlyalways » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:25 pm

Amily wrote:I could imagine some parts pretty easily while reading it so, thanks. #thumbsup#
gezyka wrote:I really felt like I was reliving the show with you. #glomp# #glomp# #glomp#

blondesnotbombs wrote:So many times while reading it, I could clearly see/hear what was happening and it made me smile.

I don't know how this happened because I am not a fan of my writing skills (I noticed some of my grammatical errors later), but I'm really happy it translated ok and you guys were able to be there without without having to fly 30 hours to get there. ;D

blondesnotbombs wrote:Unlike the other ladies, I am going to comment on some of my favorite bits. #rasp#

Good. >:( Nothing against Jess and Ami but I'm always interested in people's favorite bits and not so favorite bits. (And this isn't a passive way to guilt trip you guys into picking your favorites, ok! ;) )

blondesnotbombs wrote: It immediately made me think of one of my favorite moments from their Amoeba concert when they were performing Robots and start to speak at the same time then turn to look at each other and Bret says in his robo!voice, "You look silly Jemaine." #pinklove# #fit# #pinklove#

Yes! I read that perfectly in Jemaine's voice! #pinklove# (Might have to make a gif of that soon.)

blondesnotbombs wrote: #haha# The whale banter seems to get more elaborate/ridiculous with every tour. Much like their Demon Woman costumes.

I hope Nigel gets a little costume prop by the next tour for Demon Woman, making Matt work just a little extra harder. #haha#

blondesnotbombs wrote:Inner City Pressure sounded amazing during the 2010 tour. #love3#

I remember freaking out at their first Glasgow show when I first heard it live. They may have been their first time performing it in 2010, but I'm not sure. But anyway, it still sounded great, I loved the addition of the triangle.

blondesnotbombs wrote:
onlyalways wrote:The crowd may have been a little lackluster when it came to participating in Epileptic Dogs. (But I don't know, I feel like they always want the audience to be louder, so... )

Well, the last time you heard that song live you were at the Hollywood Bowl, so... #lol#

Did you read me interaction with Nigel yet?! #rofl#

blondesnotbombs wrote:I think I would like to hear Bret say toboggan. It sounds adorable in my head. #haha#

It was adorable. Every time we mentioned Mt. Taranaki/Mt. Egmont my friend would quote Bret's "Did you toboggan down?"

blondesnotbombs wrote:My favorite memory of the Atlanta show was when they finished playing Demon Woman (for the very first time!) and Bret and Nigel, after letting out that big howl at the end, just looked at each other and burst out laughing. It was such a great moment between the two of them, not for the audience, and it was lovely. (You can sort of see it at the end of this video. Nigel's not in shot, unfortunately, but you can see Bret throw his head back and laugh. So great.)

That was precious. #cry# It would have been nice to see Nigel too, I can't imagine what that head of hair would do to someone if he whipped back his head like that.

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by blondesnotbombs » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:00 pm

onlyalways wrote:(And this isn't a passive way to guilt trip you guys into picking your favorites, ok! )

#stirthepot#

onlyalways wrote:I hope Nigel gets a little costume prop by the next tour for Demon Woman, making Matt work just a little extra harder.

#lol#

His costume is my favorite of the three. The glittery tails on the back are what really make it. So amazing. Maybe next year they can add a top hat. #loveeyes#

onlyalways wrote:
blondesnotbombs wrote:Inner City Pressure sounded amazing during the 2010 tour. #love3#

I remember freaking out at their first Glasgow show when I first heard it live.

I had avoided clips and spoilers until the Vegas show, so I was surprised and delighted the first time I heard it. And Think About It! #love3# They really used Nigel to great effect on those two songs.

onlyalways wrote:
blondesnotbombs wrote:Well, the last time you heard that song live you were at the Hollywood Bowl, so... #lol#

Did you read me interaction with Nigel yet?! #rofl#

I did! The other side of the spectrum indeed. #haha#

onlyalways wrote:It was adorable. Every time we mentioned Mt. Taranaki/Mt. Egmont my friend would quote Bret's "Did you toboggan down?"

#love3# #love3# #love3#
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

by onlyalways » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:20 pm

blondesnotbombs wrote:His costume is my favorite of the three. The glittery tails on the back are what really make it. So amazing. Maybe next year they can add a top hat. #loveeyes#

:o

That fabulous hair in a top hat... #ded#

Thank you for making the next show I see be an utter disappointment if this doesn't happen.

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by caiknbake » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:23 am

thank you so much for the writeups, coco!!! #glomp#

i would pick out a favorite part except it's all my favorite part #love3#
ImageImage
caiknbake
PANTIES ON

by chrissycubana » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:49 am

onlyalways wrote:
Another weird thing about this venue is literally half the audience in their seats during the intermission was eating ice cream. I don't know what this was so foreign to us, I'm just not used to concert venues selling ice cream.

They do that in the UK too - I thought it odd when I saw my first play in London, but you better believe I bought myself some ice cream and ate it all up during the intermission. ;D

An interesting guardian article on this topic: http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/theatre ... e-interval

I bet the audience had an ice-cream hangover and that's why they were so weird.

#thumbsup#

"If there's one thing I can't stand, it's plagiarism."

"Suddenly, playing with yourself is a scholarly pursuit."
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

by emira » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:26 am

onlyalways wrote:We settle inside and we have to wait a bit until we can take our seats. It dawns on us that everyone knows each other. Like every five seconds people were going "OH HEY! #aziz# How you going?" to each other and hugging. #rofl#

#haha# #cloud9# You should have hugged your friend to not to feel weird among others. ;)

On my first day in Invercargill, I went to the park and everyone was saying "hi" to me. #love3#

The whole review was brilliant, #glomp# #notworthy# but I think this part made me laugh the most,

Another time during the night, I think Bret and Jem were trying to get a little more out of the crowd since they (ok, including me :P ) would get quiet and not really heckling. They asked how everyone was doing and they replied kind of with "Good!" It reminded me of A Texan Odyssey when they were at the Red Eyed Fly and Bret asked everyone how they were doing and they screamed and he asked if they could just say "good" so it it would sound more like home. Yeah, it was kind of like that. #rofl#

#rofl# #rofl# #rofl# #rofl# #rofl# #rofl# #rofl#
emira
You can't break this heart...

by sargifster » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:16 am

chrissycubana wrote:
onlyalways wrote:
Another weird thing about this venue is literally half the audience in their seats during the intermission was eating ice cream. I don't know what this was so foreign to us, I'm just not used to concert venues selling ice cream.

They do that in the UK too - I thought it odd when I saw my first play in London, but you better believe I bought myself some ice cream and ate it all up during the intermission. ;D

;D

Do you mean you didn't have a childhood where the person with a tray hung around their neck full of icecream stood at the side of the cinema screen in the interval between the cartoon and the main film? All lit up in the darkness and looking hopeful?

;D

(Hmm, you have lovely snow cones when you watch baseball #drool# - but not icecream at the cinema / theatre. *shakes head* ;) ;D )
sargifster
Administrator

by gezyka » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:51 pm

Hairdresser turned sound engineer soundchecking

#music# #blowkiss#

instagram
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

Previous

Return to 2012 Tour of New Zealand and Australia