17 June - New Plymouth, NZ

It's all right here.

by onlyalways » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:44 am

gezyka wrote:
onlyalways wrote:
Amily wrote:Image
Twitter

Oh no I see myself and my friend!! #lol#

At first glance I thought the black lights on the edge of the top balcony were mustaches. #haha# I see a couple possible suspects...you were in the back, right? (well, duh, it's a photo of the back)

We were on that middle tier. Not quite in the very back.

Let me know if you need anymore hints. ;D

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by Amily » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:46 am

onlyalways wrote:We were on that middle tier. Not quite in the very back.

Aisle seat? ;D
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by onlyalways » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:49 am

Amily wrote:

Aisle seat? ;D

#rofl#

Maybe.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by Amily » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:02 am

onlyalways wrote:
Amily wrote:

Aisle seat? ;D

#rofl#

Maybe.

#lol# I spotted you before you even said! #glomp#
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by gezyka » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:22 am

onlyalways wrote:I was distracted by the extended eye contact to be honest.

#rofl# (I would be, too!)

Were there any hecklers? I think I've only read one review that mentioned some and that was in Auckland.
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

by Amily » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:08 pm

emira wrote:
onlyalways wrote:We heard 1353 and Bret sang a lot of the parts this time! Like the guy asking for ID and such.

:o I'd LOVE to hear this new updated version! #excited2#

This is from the Hamilton show but Bret is singing a lot!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R6RrWBmrxo[/youtube]

I never watched it until tonight so didn't realised this version was already here. :)
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by emira » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:09 pm

Amily wrote:
emira wrote:
onlyalways wrote:We heard 1353 and Bret sang a lot of the parts this time! Like the guy asking for ID and such.

I never watched it until tonight so didn't realised this version was already here. :)

Oh, now I feel like a bad fan, because I haven't watched those videos from Hamilton either, because I don't have much time at the moment.

Thanks! I'll watch it on Friday, when my life will go back to the normal rhythm.
emira
You can't break this heart...

by blondesnotbombs » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:08 pm

Amily wrote:
emira wrote:

The video is private. #cry# #cry# #sadd#
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

by onlyalways » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:42 am

blondesnotbombs wrote:
Amily wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R6RrWBmrxo[/youtube]

The video is private. #cry# #cry# #sadd#

It's no longer on private!

#wah# #wah# #wah#

Sam. Sam go watch.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by onlyalways » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:17 am

(Sorry it took me so long to write this up... I hate being the first to review a show, I just like building on other people's write-ups. #haha# )

So my Conchords-loving friend and I fly into Auckland the night before the New Plymouth show, the plane got in so late that night it made any chance of us trying to go to that Auckland show on the 16th impossible. It's kind of hard to watch the videos of the Auckland gig to be honest. #haha#

Early next morning was day one of our road trip, clocking in at about a five to six hour journey from Auckland to New Plymouth with plenty of stops. Luckily it was a gorgeous sunny day. #cloud9# (Syl was right, there isn't much to do in NP except check out the mountain. #haha# )

We get to our hotel and it's just a block away from the venue! :o (It made staying out that night a lot easier knowing our journey back was a cinch.) I go to pick up our tickets and they had a free magazine at the counter of the current and upcoming shows. There is a brief article of the guys on the very last page with the black "hurt feelings" crying picture. Let me know if you'd like me to scan it. I'm glad to have it but overall it doesn't have anything worthwhile inside, just a number of spelling errors.

We settle inside and we have to wait a bit until we can take our seats. It dawns on us that everyone knows each other. Like every five seconds people were going "OH HEY! #aziz# How you going?" to each other and hugging. #rofl#

I also saw these cool cats walk in: #love3#

(from FOTC FB page)

I was so tempted to ask for a picture but didn't get the guts to do it. I'm glad someone did, kinda looks like it was someone at the merch table. (And I'm sure this is who Jemaine was talking about during the Nightline interview, about seeing some girls in the audience dressed up.)

Another weird thing about this venue is literally half the audience in their seats during the intermission was eating ice cream. I don't know what this was so foreign to us, I'm just not used to concert venues selling ice cream. Especially during the harsh harsh New Zealand winter. (I say this sarcastically because yes it would get cold, but during the day it would get into the high 40s, mid 50s, which really isn't that bad.)

Jemaine introduces Arj once again, which I wouldn't want any other way. He said something along the lines of "Arj plays Dave, who is that guy always giving bad advice like, (puts on American accent) Hey trying wearing this shirt or something?"

Arj had a lot of new material that I wasn't familiar with, but I also haven't seen any of his recent stand-up besides what he's done at Conchord shows. We laughed out loud throughout his act, but we both agreed that I did fizzle out just a little bit toward the end. But maybe we were just getting impatient to see Bret and Jem.

Arj did have a great bit in his stand up about getting laser corrective eye surgery. I immediately look at my friend when he mentions this because she just had this eye surgery earlier this year. He talks about how they do it while you 100% conscious but you can't see anything. Then he goes "But then you smell it... You're think 'What is that?' Oh, it's my eyeball burning!" My friend starts dying and goes "YES! YES YOU DO!" #rofl#

There was a hiccup in Arj's act where he mentions something about a cave of moths or something, the reference was lost on me as well as the entire audience who went completely silent when he said it. But he saved it well by going "You know, most audiences, most nice audience would have gone 'Oh Arj! I don't really understand but I'm going to laugh anyway because you are great guy!' But not you New Plymouth!" #lol# (So maybe Bret was right about NP having a weird vibe. XD)

After Arj's opening there was a 20ish minute intermission and then the lights dimmed down. #excited2# Bret and Jem strolled out on stage with their helmet and all and sang Too Many Dicks. It took me a couple seconds to realize it wasn't a robot head but a speaker head. I did miss how during the 2010 shows the inside of their helmets would light up during Too Many Dicks, which these didn't. After the song they had a "costume change" and spun the helmets so now they were robots, which got a good laugh out of me. While I do love listening to their muffin and lift stories still, because each time they say it it's never the same, I was happy to see they still had some surprises up their sleeves.

Before going into Robots they talk about how because of the helmets they can't see each other. They try and turn their heads/body toward each other but box opening is so limited it doesn't really help them. Jemaine does manage to pivot enough to look at Bret and says something like, "That was the first time I've seen Bret since the show started."

After singing Robots and before going into their next song or possibly the muffin story, Jemaine almost forgets to take off his helmet and silver jumper, which would have been funny if he kept it on, but I was happy to see his flannel shirt and fluffy hair again. #loveeyes# After taking off the helmet, Jem introduces Matt by making him fix his hair with a spray water bottle. Matt does the same thing for Bret when he starts walking back offstage, but Bret didn't seem too into it. #haha#

After this, the songs and bits of banter get jumbled in my head. I wrote our a tentative set list a couple days after the show. I'm very positive these were the songs they sang, but they are in no way the correct order:

Too Many Dicks
Robots
Most Beautiful Girl
NEW SONG
Spoiler: show
I love their new song "Fuck on the Ceiling". (That's a weird sentence. #lol# ) They did muck it up quite a few times, especially this one part they could not get over. It really took them four or five times to get through one of the lyrics. Jemaine was the last person to screw it up and he threw his head back in genuine frustration. It really looked like he was fighting back a "FUCK!" he wanted to yell. #lol# #therethere#

I might be getting this confused with the Welly show, but I'm going to jump the gun and say this happened during the NP show... There is a lyric where Bret goes: "You're intoxicating, you smell so sweet. Like confectionery." Jemaine: "It's deodorant, thanks." But they screwed it up and had to replay that bit so Jemaine would start saying "It's deodorant, I already told you!" #lol#

Continuing from that lyric (I'm paraphrasing):
Jemaine: "Nice vocabulary."
Bret: "I got it from big word book."
Jemaine: "You mean a dictionary?"
Bret: "Yep that's it thanks."

#rofl#

But after hearing the song a second time after the Welly show, I just adore the song. The beat is really sick, especially by the end of it. #six#

Oh, and before the new song, Jemaine says to the audience, "I like to think of us as being in an intimate, sexual relationship... so please don't tape this and put it on the internet." #haha#

H vs R
Jenny
Issues
Inner City Pressure
Mutha'uckas
Bus Driver's Song
Epileptic Dogs
Boom
Business Time
Bowie
Demon Woman

They did the whale banter before issues, a lot we've already heard. But when they go to do the whale sounds, they do an impression of a whale impersonating an ambulance siren saying that how the whale communicates that it's an emergency.

Before Inner City Pressure, Jemaine says that he needs to get "his favorite instrument" which apparently is the triangle. #haha# But the he says how he can't find "his dinger". #rofl# Or in New Zealand speak: "his ding-ah" #rofl# #rofl# Nigel starts helping him through their table of instrument paraphernalia but Jem comes to the conclusion that they left it in Auckland. Bret and/or Jemaine just start going "Fucking Auckland has it!" Jemaine tries the xylophone "dinger" in the mean time before they finally find the proper triangle dinger.

I swear Jemaine they said "dinger" over fifteen times. #rofl#

While this was happening Matt was prepping I think it was Bret's piano for the song. But Matt was having some problems and Bret started going, "Americans! What fucking idiots! They are so dumb." I think the crowd kind of cheered at that. But then Jemaine quips with, "Yet he's the one fixing your piano, Bret." Thank you, Jemaine! >:(

My last bit on Inner City Pressure is while it's one of my favorite songs they do live, they didn't do the part of the ending where they go all high-pitched and sing "Can you feel it?!" "I can feeeel it!" "It's the pressure!" like they did two years ago, which I missed.

The crowd may have been a little lackluster when it came to participating in Epileptic Dogs. (But I don't know, I feel like they always want the audience to be louder, so... #shrug# ) Instead of just sectioning off the audience, Bret had the guys on the ground floor go deep and sing a line and the girls on the ground floor go high and sing a line. But like in that article, there was one lady that REALLY sang it! Bret was really impressed that it got him out of his chair and he tried to angle the mic toward the screaming woman. After, Jemaine made a comment that she was screaming so high only dogs could hear it.

Boom is nice to hear since they don't do it that often. But there was no ass-shaking at the end! I honestly felt a little gypped! #lol# #shakefist# But it almost made it still worth it watching Jemaine going downtown on his guitar while Bret sang his solos. #wise#

Sometime during the show they start making fun of "Mt. Taranaki", a mountain really close to New Plymouth, by saying it's name in a pseudo-samurai voice. Jemaine asked the audience if they "Just came down from the mountain to see the show." And Bret added "Did you toboggan in?"

Another time during the night, I think Bret and Jem were trying to get a little more out of the crowd since they (ok, including me :P ) would get quiet and not really heckling. They asked how everyone was doing and they replied kind of with "Good!" It reminded me of A Texan Odyssey when they were at the Red Eyed Fly and Bret asked everyone how they were doing and they screamed and he asked if they could just say "good" so it it would sound more like home. Yeah, it was kind of like that. #rofl# After Jemaine asked the crowd "What's your name?!" and after a second of silence some audience members yelled out their name. Jem said it was like a reverse Q&A. #haha#

I hate that I can't remember what spurred this, but Jemaine or Bret said something funny (shocker!) and Jemaine looks offstage and says "We made Matt laugh! We never make Matt laugh, he's seen us too many times." #love3# #music#

Again, I just keep remembering little bits of banter but have no context on when this happened during the show... anyway, Jemaine asked if anyone had any signs they wanted to hold up, and as far as I could tell no one did. Jem and Bret started saying that at previous shows they'd have audience members that would hold up signs of entire novels. So it would be pages and pages of lines from a book in large texts. "It must have taken ages for them to do, and it took ages for us to read."

Alright, I think I'm getting toward the end here finally. They do Bowie with the time tripping banter which transitioned into Demon Woman. Jemaine sported his scarf once again and Bret got a cape this time! It was nice to see Bret have a prop too for the song, even though it would take Matt a while to secure the cape on him. And they ended with them fake-destroying the stage.

For the encore they sang Albi, I'm not Crying, On the Road, then of course Sexy Sugalumps. They were about to go into On the Road after Albi, but then they quick changed it to I'm not Crying. Bret looks offstage and makes a comment about hoping they have time for this song. And Jemaine says something along the lines of "Of course it's one of our slower songs." After I'm Not Crying they go right into On the Road which they have really perfected the past couple years. #love3#

I know during the encore Jemaine goes "What a night..." and Bret starts to laugh a bit and says, "Anything else to add? An adjective maybe?" Which makes Jemaine goes "It wasn't a good night, it wasn't a bad night. It was a night. What a night." And I think between songs they'd still say "What a night." and kind of smile. #haha# #heart#

They end with Sexy Sugalumps, which they haven't really changed. A new line (for me, at least) is Jemaine saying "This lady is so glad to be close to my gonads."

Well that's my review of the show, I feel like I accidentally ended it on a dull note. #haha# You know their Sugalump song and dance is never dull, but I just can't think of any differences between this performance of it and what a lot of us saw two years.

Beth and I meeting Bret and Jemaine and company coming up! (I seriously need a break. #thud# ) That shouldn't be as long as this one, but I dunno I could start typing and it all could start flooding back again. #haha#

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by gezyka » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:23 pm

Ahh, Courtney! That was perfect. #clap# #notworthy# I'm glad you had to do a write-up from scratch #haha# because I really felt like I was reliving the show with you. #glomp# #glomp# #glomp# Too many funny bits that I love to quote. #heart#
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

by Amily » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:29 pm

Coco!!! Awesome review! #excited# #glomp# I hate doing reviews too because I'm bad at remembering but I could imagine some parts pretty easily while reading it so, thanks. #thumbsup# #lol# Like Jess, it's hard to pick anything specific to comment on because I loved it all. #love3#

This write-up proves one thing... I MISS THEM SO MUCH! #fit# #sadlove#
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by onlyalways » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:52 pm

Alright, now for after the show~

After we all trickled out of the venue of less than 1,000 people, (I forgot to mention that! The venue was so small, it made the show a bit more intimate. We were like sixth row on the middle tier and still saw them great.) we quick got back to our room to drop some stuff off and grab our umbrellas. It's a good thing we did too. 8-)

It was a small place and the backstage door was really obvious. We had a bit of a discussion on whether or not they'd go out the back or front. I told her that if she had a gut feeling we can check out the front for a while, but my money was on the backstage door because this isn't my first time to the rodeo. #rasp#

It was about 10:30 at that time I think, maybe a bit before. We waited for a while in the off-an-on light drizzle of rain, having mini-heart attacks every time the stage door opened. There was one other couple of fans that walked up to the stage crew and was asking if Bret and Jemaine would be coming out. They were there for a bit but eventually gave up. We were the only fans around, waiting for just the possibility of either of them coming out. #rofl# I definitely wasn't used to the lack of people during this type of situation. #lol#

But then after around 40 minutes I hear my friend go "I can't believe this is happening..."

I turn around and I recognize Bret! I think at first he wasn't sure if he should come over or not (hey, we could have just been two people on the sidewalk, no other fans around us or anything. #rofl# ) But when we said "Hey!" to him he came over. When he got closer I said, "We're the only two people that liked the show, I guess." which I totally stole from Jemaine after the Birmingham show. He kind of smiled but shook his head a little bit... I still don't know how to interpret that! #shy#

We proceeded to have a really relaxed, lovely conversation with him. #heart# It was so natural that my brain forgot to memorize every moment of it. #doh# I can remember him asking where we were from and we told him the states. I can remember telling him "Cincinnati" and thinking 'Please remember to do a show there. #pray#' Hell, maybe I did actually suggest it to him.

After we told him that we were all the way from the states, I'm pretty sure he said "Come on, bring it in" while sticking his arms out and gesturing for a hug. #lol# #love3# #ded#

(Our embellished version of the story is that he said "Bring it in, ladies" #lol# which definitely didn't happen. But after talking with Beth, she thinks he didn't say anything and just gestured for a hug. But I still think he said something. Oh well. #shrug#)

It was around this time that the vibe part of the conversation happened... (I don't feel like typing it again. :P )

onlyalways wrote:When we were talking with Bret after the show, my friend Beth said that this was her first show while I said that I've already been to a few. Bret looked over at me with this intense stare and asked "What was with that show?!" I really didn't know what he meant, plus I was distracted by the extended eye contact to be honest. #haha# But I asked what he meant and he said something like "What was with the vibe?" or "The vibe was off." I told him that the audience seemed more quiet than usual and he agreed.

He eventually saw that we were carrying posters and asked if we wanted to sign anything or a picture. Our goal of the night was to get Bret and Jem to sign our posters, her especially since she had sisters and a coworker she was buying posters for. Including herself, a total of four! #haha# :o So we whipped out all our posters and apologized for having so much, but we said we just knew so many people back home that were fans. Bret didn't seem to mind at all. I do remember specifically telling Bret "Sorry we're putting you to work."

I also asked why there weren't individual posters for each gig, and he said it's because New Zealand isn't really into it. "They aren't into buying posters?!" "Yeah." That's just so strange to me. #shrug#

It was about this time their tour manager came over and asked if we needed anything. (Sorry, her name slips me right now.) Bret said something like, "Nope, they are prepared." Oh yeah, before he signed it I whipped out both a silver and black sharpie. (What if the poster was all black again?! #haha# ) And Bret opted for the black saying it should look better on this poster.

The tour manager noticed all our posters and something along the lines of "I see you're getting souvenirs for those at home." I told her we still had to get New Zealand shot glasses since that's what our group of friends do, trade shot glasses. She turned to Bret, "Oh, there's an idea! Shot glasses, Bret!" I forget Bret's reaction, maybe he wasn't too impressed or just focused on what he was doing but the idea made my eye bulges out of my head ala :o . And I pretty much said, "I would definitely buy them." I hope this happens! #pray#

I then awkwardly asked, "Not to be cliche and annoying, but do you know if Jemaine will be coming out?" She didn't seem annoyed and right away said "I just saw Jemaine inside! He should be coming out." Me ---> #excited2#

Around this time, maybe before the shot glass bit, while Bret was asking for everyone's names ( #love3# #love3# #love3# ) he asked Beth, "This is for your sister right? How old is she?" She stalled a few seconds and stared at me like I knew the answer. "I don't know your sister's age! #lol# " "Twenty-one!" it finally dawns on her and I continue to laugh at her I think until Bret is finished signing the posters. :P But we then looked at said sister's poster and he wrote "you don't have to be a prostitute" on her's. I guess he wanted to make sure this wasn't for a ten year old! #lol# #heart#

(I'll have to ask what he put for the other posters because I can't remember... #idea#)

After that we said our good-byes and all our thank yous. I may regret now not asking for a picture too, since he wasn't in any type of rush. I know I don't need a picture with Bret for sure, but I'd like a picture with him and one of my best friends from home. Oh well.

After our encounter with Bret we were REALLY jazzed. We could have stayed out all night at that point, especially getting a little confirmation that Jem might be coming out. But our jazzed state eventually wore off once the cold set back in.

I want to say not even twenty minutes later Nigel came out with a bottle of wine in his hand. I said "Hey Nigel" and he came over. We had another great conversation with Nigel, I think this was my first time ever really talking with him. Again, I don't remember much. I remember saying again that we were from Cincinnati, Ohio, which he remembered was the same state they had their Kent show. I later asked if this was the smallest venue they've performed at in recent years. You could tell he had to rank his brain for an answer, and he said it was one of the smallest at least. I then said that I was at the Hollywood Bowl show and his eyes got pretty big remembering that show. He said something like "Yeah, that's the other side of the size spectrum. That was what, 15,000 people?" I agreed and told him how cool I thought Epileptic Dogs sounded at the Bowl and his face lit up like this ---> #aziz# and #happyyes# together. #love3#

After a lull in conversation I asked if he could sign our posters and he obliged. We again apologized for having so many. It was pretty much after that that we parted ways.

We only had the big guy to go at this point, it was go big or go home! We were prepared to wait quite a bit since we already had Bret and Nigel. But as time wore on going back to the hotel was sounding tempting. We did joke that if it came down to it we could just bring these already signed posters to the Wellington show and try to get Jem to sign it them. We also talked about since we had Bret AND Nigel, we should have gotten Arj's signature too when we had the chance after his opening, so we'd be getting everyone who performed tonight. Although if we really wanted everyone we'd get Matt's signature too. #haha#

Maybe twenty to thirty minutes after Nigel I see Jemaine from a distance and immediately lose my cool. (Don't worry, I didn't have much to begin with.) We may have waved or gestured to him, again to show we weren't just two people standing on the street. While walking over to us I think Jem said something like, "I didn't know anyone was out here." It was around this time I was thinking "Yay, we're about to get Jemaine's signature too! Too bad about Arj though." But I must have had tunnel vision for Jemaine because out of nowhere there was Arj right next to us! Maybe he was behind Jemaine the whole time and I didn't see him? I really don't know! I can just remember him popping out seemly from nowhere and I said either mentally or vocally I can't remember: "YAY!!!" #rofl# (I asked my friend later if she remembers me saying "Yay!!" to Arj's face and she couldn't remember. I really think I did though. #crazy#)

Again, it all gets blurring. Especially with both of them there at once. Pretty shortly they're signing posters, we're making small talk with Arj and we shook his hand, again saying where we're from etc. But Arj did mention a local comedy club he must have performed at in Cincinnati, which I was impressed he remembered. It was around then Arj says how fans from the states are "more intense" or something, aka crazy, to Jemaine, I guess since we waited. Jemaine finished my poster pretty fast while Arj was doing the others and asking for names. There was a bit of awkwardness between Jem and I since we weren't saying much. Everything about this situation screamed "Typical 8-)" from both parties. Jem did ask if I liked the show and I know I said "It was great!" and couldn't think of anything more. I'm really kicking myself for not asking about the new song.

Arj and Jemaine trade spots so they can sign the other posters. It gets super blurry then because the next thing I remember is them being finished about about to walk away. But before leaving Jem and Arj did talk about something that made Jemaine smile/kind of laugh but it went over our heads. Jemaine did ask if we were going to any other shows while walking away and I replied "The third Wellington show." Then after a good bye and thank you we went our separate ways.

The End! #lol#

Here is my signed poster, all framed and looking pretty. #love3#

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by onlyalways » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:55 pm

Jesus Christ, that was super long too! Sorry guys. #shy#

Also edit to add, because I believe this deserves it's own post:

Jemaine looked good.

During and after the show. And probably before the show too but I didn't see that.

He had a brown leather jacket on after the show.

He was a sexy, cool looking idiot. #cry#

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by blondesnotbombs » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:35 pm

Courtney, your review is amazing!!! So many times while reading it, I could clearly see/hear what was happening and it made me smile. Thank you so much for taking the time to type all of that out. #glomp#

Unlike the other ladies, I am going to comment on some of my favorite bits. #rasp#

onlyalways wrote:Before going into Robots they talk about how because of the helmets they can't see each other. They try and turn their heads/body toward each other but box opening is so limited it doesn't really help them. Jemaine does manage to pivot enough to look at Bret and says something like, "That was the first time I've seen Bret since the show started."

I love this. It immediately made me think of one of my favorite moments from their Amoeba concert when they were performing Robots and start to speak at the same time then turn to look at each other and Bret says in his robo!voice, "You look silly Jemaine." #pinklove# #fit# #pinklove#

onlyalways wrote:After taking off the helmet, Jem introduces Matt by making him fix his hair with a spray water bottle. Matt does the same thing for Bret when he starts walking back offstage, but Bret didn't seem too into it.

#haha#

onlyalways wrote:They did the whale banter before issues, a lot we've already heard. But when they go to do the whale sounds, they do an impression of a whale impersonating an ambulance siren saying that how the whale communicates that it's an emergency.

#haha# The whale banter seems to get more elaborate/ridiculous with every tour. Much like their Demon Woman costumes.

onlyalways wrote:My last bit on Inner City Pressure is while it's one of my favorite songs they do live, they didn't do the part of the ending where they go all high-pitched and sing "Can you feel it?!" "I can feeeel it!" "It's the pressure!" like they did two years ago, which I missed.

I would have missed that as well. Inner City Pressure sounded amazing during the 2010 tour. #love3#

onlyalways wrote:The crowd may have been a little lackluster when it came to participating in Epileptic Dogs. (But I don't know, I feel like they always want the audience to be louder, so... )

Well, the last time you heard that song live you were at the Hollywood Bowl, so... #lol#

onlyalways wrote:Jemaine asked the audience if they "Just came down from the mountain to see the show." And Bret added "Did you toboggan in?"

This made me smile. I think I would like to hear Bret say toboggan. It sounds adorable in my head. #haha#

onlyalways wrote:I hate that I can't remember what spurred this, but Jemaine or Bret said something funny (shocker!) and Jemaine looks offstage and says "We made Matt laugh! We never make Matt laugh, he's seen us too many times."

#pinklove# #cloud9# #pinklove#

Thank you so much for including this little detail. I looooove these little moments when they really make each other laugh and/or you can tell they're genuinely enjoying themselves. My favorite memory of the Atlanta show was when they finished playing Demon Woman (for the very first time!) and Bret and Nigel, after letting out that big howl at the end, just looked at each other and burst out laughing. It was such a great moment between the two of them, not for the audience, and it was lovely. (You can sort of see it at the end of this video. Nigel's not in shot, unfortunately, but you can see Bret throw his head back and laugh. So great.)

I am also really loving the new song and I can't wait to hear how it evolves as they get more comfortable with it.
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Tour of New Zealand and Australia