"Suddenly, playing with yourself is a scholarly pursuit."
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

by gezyka » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:51 am

Amily wrote:Image
fotc

#loveeyes# #loveeyes# #loveeyes#

Sounds like Matt's doing:

mattdshane: “@fotc: I posted a new photo to Facebook fb.me/1ain2yb3O” built a custom case today, and now the V and the DG are traveling cushy!

#love3#

I #heart# how enthusiastic he is about everything.
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

by Amily » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:03 am

NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by onlyalways » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:19 am

Twitter

Oh no I see myself and my friend!! #lol#

I'm on my phone so I'll give a more detailed write up when I'm home or on a computer. The show was amazing, a lot of "old bits" from two years ago but of course when they do it it's different every time, so it always makes me still laugh. I loved the new song, or at least I think I did since they screwed it up quite a few times. #haha#

We got to meet Bret, Nigel, Arj, and Jem! We were the only fans waiting, there were a couple others but they came and went before anyone came out. Bret came out first and we had a lovely conversation, he was happy with our dedication and was like "come on, bring it in" and gave us each a hug. #love3# I got to meet Nigel for the first time really and we talked with him too which was great. Arj and Jem came out together and Arj made a comment how Americans are the "more serious" fans or something for waiting so long. (AKA crazy. :P ) Jemaine was more short with us, I think he wanted to haul ass outta there. Jem did ask what I thought of the show and I said like "it was great" and kinda froze up, but what else is new? 8-) I wish I told him that I like the new song, but oh well.

We got them all to sign our posters, which was our goal for the two shows. Sorry I didn't take any pictures during or after the show, just one before of the stage from where we were sitting.

It was a great night, which of course is an understatement. Just wish it was a few degrees warmer.

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by gezyka » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:51 am

onlyalways wrote:
Twitter

Oh no I see myself and my friend!! #lol#

At first glance I thought the black lights on the edge of the top balcony were mustaches. #haha# I see a couple possible suspects...you were in the back, right? (well, duh, it's a photo of the back)

I'm on my phone so I'll give a more detailed write up when I'm home or on a computer. The show was amazing, a lot of "old bits" from two years ago but of course when they do it it's different every time, so it always makes me still laugh. I loved the new song, or at least I think I did since they screwed it up quite a few times. #haha#

We got to meet Bret, Nigel, Arj, and Jem! We were the only fans waiting, there were a couple others but they came and went before anyone came out. Bret came out first and we had a lovely conversation, he was happy with our dedication and was like "come on, bring it in" and gave us each a hug. #love3# I got to meet Nigel for the first time really and we talked with him too which was great. Arj and Jem came out together and Arj made a comment how Americans are the "more serious" fans or something for waiting so long. (AKA crazy. :P ) Jemaine was more short with us, I think he wanted to haul ass outta there. Jem did ask what I thought of the show and I said like "it was great" and kinda froze up, but what else is new? 8-) I wish I told him that I like the new song, but oh well.

We got them all to sign our posters, which was our goal for the two shows. Sorry I didn't take any pictures during or after the show, just one before of the stage from where we were sitting.

It was a great night, which of course is an understatement. Just wish it was a few degrees warmer.

#woo# Thanks for filling us in! #glomp#

I always freeze up and just say, "It was great!" and then later kick myself. Start practicing other compliments for when you meet them next time! #lol# Awesome that you got to meet the whole group! #cheer#
gezyka

by emira » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:04 am

#excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited#

So awesome, Coco! Jealous much #cloud9#
emira
You can't break this heart...

by Amily » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:44 am

So awesome Courtney! #excited#

Glad you enjoyed the show (as if you wouldn't right?) and that you got to meet everyone after. That Bret though... I think he's a man after my own heart. #fit# #lol# #love3#

Hope you enjoy your drive to Welly, have lots of adventures along the way and can't wait til you get back and we can hear all the details! #excited2#
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by Amily » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:56 am

From Matt

Mutha uckas at the bank try n play me http://instagr.am/p/L-XX4SKlqT/

From Arj

NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by emira » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:04 am

Amily wrote:From Arj

They look like being attacked by aliens! #lol#
emira

by Amily » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:27 am

Conchords fans go for undies and tea towels
JO MOIR
Last updated 05:00 18/06/2012

FANCY PANTS: Antonia Wano, of New Plymouth, checks out an example of Flight of the Conchords underwear,
which was a big seller pre-show last night.

Not even wintry single-digit temperatures could keep the masses from filling the TSB Showplace for Kiwi comedy sensation Flight of the Conchords last night.

Hundreds of enthusiastic fans of all ages were giddy with excitement as they mingled in and around the theatre in expectation of the big event.

New Plymouth's Hamish Wright was one of many eager to see the dynamic duo of Academy Award winner Bret McKenzie and Emmy nominated Jemaine Clement for the first time.

"I've been part of a Facebook group for four years campaigning to see them here and that day has finally arrived," he said.

The self-confessed first-time viewer but long-time listener was expecting the performance to be at least a 16 out of 17.

"I'm pretty sure Jemaine likes prime numbers so it wouldn't be a scale of one to ten for them," he said. "I think 17 is a good prime number and it's likely they'll be at least a 16."

The full house crowd were treated to some special Flight of the Conchords merchandise on arrival and it wasn't the T-shirts that were flying off the table.

Merchandise salesman Rowan Johnston said the tea towels and unisex underpants seemed to be the biggest hit.

"We only got the tea towels and undies tonight and they're basically sold out," Mr Johnston said.

It was predominantly young males who bought the underwear but when it came to the tea towels anyone and everyone was after one.

Stocking up on a few items was TSB Community Trust chairman and Flight of the Conchords fan Hayden Wano and his wife, Antonia.

"My sister-in-law saw them in Edinburgh and said they were brilliant so we made sure we got tickets," Mr Wano said. "It's great for the community to get something as big as this."

Taranaki Daily News
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by chrissycubana » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:31 am

Coco, I'm so thrilled that you were able to see the guys perform in their homeland!!!!! AND you got to see them after the show?!?!?! AMAZING!!!!!

Maybe you could ask a question about the new song + share the response with us all. I'm wondering how on earth they were inspired to write the thing and what artists (if any) were they channeling when they created it.

Anyone else have some ideas?

"If there's one thing I can't stand, it's plagiarism."

"Suddenly, playing with yourself is a scholarly pursuit."
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

by gezyka » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:58 am

Amily wrote:
The full house crowd were treated to some special Flight of the Conchords merchandise on arrival and it wasn't the T-shirts that were flying off the table.

Merchandise salesman Rowan Johnston said the tea towels and unisex underpants seemed to be the biggest hit.

"We only got the tea towels and undies tonight and they're basically sold out," Mr Johnston said.

It was predominantly young males who bought the underwear but when it came to the tea towels anyone and everyone was after one.

I love this. #rofl#

chrissycubana wrote:Maybe you could ask a question about the new song + share the response with us all. I'm wondering how on earth they were inspired to write the thing and what artists (if any) were they channeling when they created it.

Anyone else have some ideas?

I've been thinking about this as well. One of the reviewers thought it sounded Franz Ferdinand-y. #shrug#
gezyka

by emira » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:31 pm

gezyka wrote:I've been thinking about this as well. One of the reviewers thought it sounded Franz Ferdinand-y. #shrug#

For me it was more like Kings of Lion "Sex On Fire" #haha#
emira

by Amily » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:38 pm

emira wrote:
gezyka wrote:I've been thinking about this as well. One of the reviewers thought it sounded Franz Ferdinand-y. #shrug#

For me it was more like Kings of Lion "Sex On Fire" #haha#

I hear Franz Ferdinand. Basically, it's just really indie rock-y to me and that's a big part of the reason I love it so much. It's different for them and I find it to be one of their sexiest songs yet. ;D Definitely a new favourite. #thumbsup#

I also love Chrissy's idea for a question if you get to talk to them again Coco. Would love to know more about the new song(s). #excited2#
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by onlyalways » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:16 pm

I also love Chrissy's idea for a question if you get to talk to them again Coco. Would love to know more about the new song(s). #excited2#

I should have asked Bret but the conversation just didn't go there. Jem would have been perfect to ask but that stupid face of his makes me lose all function in my social skills.

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Tour of New Zealand and Australia