emira
You can't break this heart...

by blondesnotbombs » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:38 pm

#excited2# but also #sadlove#

I already has a jealous.
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

by Amily » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:29 pm

I'm pretty jealous too even though NZ and AUS deserve them first.

I'm trying to just be happy that they'll be together again and that we'll get new videos and pictures. #aziz#

But still #sadlove#
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by emira » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:33 pm

I'm gonna hassle them to make a live DVD or at least an album. :P They've got new songs, right? So, Team Hasselhoff? #cheer# #cheer# #cheer#
emira

by Amily » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:34 pm

emira wrote:I'm gonna hassle them to make a live DVD or at least an album. :P They've got new songs, right? So, Team Hasselhoff? #cheer# #cheer# #cheer#

OMG THEY SO NEED TO THIS TIME!!!!

I'm definitely on board with Team Hasselhoff! #cheer# #cheer# #cheer#
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by gezyka » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:35 pm

emira wrote:
/:) they are touring NZ/Aus in June/July

Reddit AMA with Taika

#excited2#

Don't they always say they try to avoid being there around that time (i.e. winter)? #lol#

#cheer#

A little #sadlove# of course, but I'm happy that the people down under will finally be getting a Conchords tour! #woo# ('bout time...)
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

by Amily » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:29 pm

gezyka wrote:Don't they always say they try to avoid being there around that time (i.e. winter)? #lol#

#lol# #lol#

I had the same thought when I read Syl's post!

Awww, they's makin' sacrifices. #bret# #blowkiss# #jem# #blowkiss#

Not that they don't always make sacrifices when they go on tour but now they're making another one! #love3#
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by emira » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:59 pm

gezyka wrote:
emira wrote:
/:) they are touring NZ/Aus in June/July

Reddit AMA with Taika

#excited2#

Don't they always say they try to avoid being there around that time (i.e. winter)? #lol#

I was wondering which summer they meant when I read somewhere about their plans and now we know, it's the Northern Hemisphere summer! #lol# That means there won't be open venues in their schedule, because it rains a lot in NZ in winter!
emira

by Amily » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:36 pm

Conchords take flight with NZ tour
By Russell Blackstock
5:30 AM Sunday Mar 4, 2012

Musical comedy superstars Flight Of The Conchords are going back to their roots with a winter tour of New Zealand.

The gigs were revealed last night by film director Taika Waititi, a close friend of the hit duo, during a question-and-answer session with his fans on reditt.com.

Waititi, who also let slip he is to become a father for the first time, is in America promoting the US release of his movie Boy.

He said his Conchords mates Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement "are touring NZ/Aus in June/July".

The Herald on Sunday understands the duo will perform a string of dates at small venues.

"Promoters have been secretly working on the tour for months and there will be some interesting shows lined up," a tour insider said last night. "It's going to be one of the hottest tickets in years."

McKenzie, who returned to Wellington this week after winning an Oscar for Best Original Song at the Academy Awards in Los Angeles, hinted at the concert dates in American showbiz magazine Billboard last month.

"We haven't toured [in New Zealand] in years. Whereas we've been in America recently and I don't want to tour America until we've got some new material."

News of the live gigs sparked excitement among Kiwi music fans online. One Conchords fan replied: "A tour in NZ? Finally! I must start saving up to buy a ticket from a scalper on Trade Me after my internet craps out in the few minutes it'll take for them to sell out."

The duo haven't toured for three years but McKenzie also said the Australasian shows would give the pair a chance to finally get together and write some more material.

Clements had been busy filming a role as an alien biker baddie in the upcoming movie Men in Black III. The duo haven't toured for three years and McKenzie said the tour will let them get together and write new material.

The New Zealand tour dates will be announced at the end of this month.

NZ Herald

So exciting!! #excited#
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by gezyka » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:45 pm

#excited# #excited#

One Conchords fan replied: "A tour in NZ? Finally! I must start saving up to buy a ticket from a scalper on Trade Me after my internet craps out in the few minutes it'll take for them to sell out."

#lol# I hope they have a good anti-scalper plan!

Also, that journalist needs to get their facts straight or redo their math. #haha#
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

by blondesnotbombs » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:31 pm

One Conchords fan replied: "A tour in NZ? Finally! I must start saving up to buy a ticket from a scalper on Trade Me after my internet craps out in the few minutes it'll take for them to sell out."

#haha# #haha# #haha# That's probably sadly accurate though.
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

by emira » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:53 pm

gezyka wrote:Also, that journalist needs to get their facts straight or redo their math. #haha#

Probably he didn't notice that there was a tour in 2010 or maybe he thinks it was so long time ago, that it's like three years or more! #lol#
emira

by onlyalways » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:10 pm

Amily wrote:
gezyka wrote:Don't they always say they try to avoid being there around that time (i.e. winter)? #lol#

#lol# #lol#

I had the same thought when I read Syl's post!

#lol# #lol# #lol# #dance# But believe me, I'm glad they aren't waiting until NZ summer rolls around. EEEEEEEEE This is exciting!! #excited# #excited# #excited# Down Underer deserves this. #happyyes#

It will be nice to just have them together again. Oz and NZ better have youtube! #shakefist#

Hopefully they create so much new and amazing material that they add some US shows later in the tour like they did during a certain other tour... oh shit, did I jinx it?!

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Next

Return to 2012 Tour of New Zealand and Australia