Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

When's the movie?

New Zealand's fourth most popular guitar-based digi-bongo acapella-rap-funk-comedy folk duo.

by Amily » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:00 pm

This just becomes more and more exciting, I have no words! #excited2#

The more they talk about it the more it actually seems it will happen. It better! >:(

#pray# #pray# #pray#
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by emira » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:24 pm

Bobin teases Conchords reunion

Flight Of The Conchords director James Bobin reckon it's only a matter of time before the gang reunite on screen.

The Emmy-nominated HBO TV series, starring Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement as an aspiring duo trying to find musical success in New York, ran for two seasons from 2007 until 2009.

"You know what? I don't know. We're all good friends, we talk a lot about various bits and pieces so I am sure we will reappear in some form - but I'm not sure when or how," said James, who co-created the series with Bret and Jemaine.

"We would like to, of course! Maybe a film, we will see. They could go off to LA on holiday. Why not?" he added.

Bret has said that there are plans for a big-screen version, telling NME: "We're going to try and do a movie. We just need a story."

James - who reunited with Bret on The Muppets, which is in cinemas now - admitted that success is far from his mind when he starts work on a new show. Before Conchords, he worked with Sacha Baron Cohen on The Ali G Show and The 11 O'Clock Show.

"It's weird, you never think of it in that way," he said.

"I just do what I find funny and then just follow it from there, so I'm always pleasantly surprised that people also find them funny. It's not a planned thing, it's just something I like to do."

source

the Conchords on holiday sounds like Mr Bean on holiday #shrug# And what kind of holiday is that when you're unemployed? ;)
emira
You can't break this heart...

by chrissycubana » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:32 pm

They could go off to LA on holiday. Why not?" he added.

#happyyes#

#wah# #wah# #wah# #wah# #wah# #wah# #wah# #wah# #wah#

"If there's one thing I can't stand, it's plagiarism."

"Suddenly, playing with yourself is a scholarly pursuit."
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

by Amily » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:20 pm

Rhys Darby has provided an update on whether we’ll see a Flight Of The Conchords movie, and it’s both good news and bad news.

The 42-year-old actor and comedian is perhaps most famed for his role as ropey band manager Murray Hewitt in TV comedy Flight Of The Conchords, and while co-creators Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie confirmed they started writing a movie, nothing has been heard on the project since.

Speaking to Metro.co.uk, Rhys however gave an update which is both disheartening and promising, saying: ‘I have heard nothing other than the rumours – which I’m pretty sure the Conchords just start themselves and then go back home and carry on with their lives.

‘They got together last year because they’ve been touring. I think they’re doing another tour this year, I know they’re doing another special or something like that. They’ve got lots of new songs anyway, so that bodes well for something happening in the future.

‘We just need to get together at some point and make it. But there’s been no progress on it other than, “yeah we should do it!”, which generally happens every year. I still sit by the phone.

‘I think it definitely will happen at some point – but who knows when. Your guess is as good as mine,’ he added.

source
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by onlyalways » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:39 pm

I love the thought but I'm going to continue to not get my hopes up, considering this has been talked about for y e a r s.

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by emira » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:23 am

onlyalways wrote:I love the thought but I'm going to continue to not get my hopes up, considering this has been talked about for y e a r s.

Yes, just check the date when this thread was started. 8-) #rofl#
emira
You can't break this heart...

Previous

Return to Flight of the Conchords