Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

NME Magazine Interview - May 23, 2009

by Venus » Wed May 20, 2009 3:54 am

Just bought this magazine today

For the full sized scan of the image below: http://i43.tinypic.com/9zlgi.jpg

For the full sized scan of the image below: http://i40.tinypic.com/mmpovm.jpg

I just noticed that the second scan is cut off a bit, sorry. The top says 8) There’s an Epileptic Dog In It and on the left hand side it reads:
"of the band and we just become reliant on hair gel, both of us."
Jemaine: It's definitely an addiction. It causes problems, but with hilarious consequences. It's like heroin...we're definitely substance abusers."
4) Michel Gondry Directs an episode
The Academy Award-winning director tackles the episode 'Unnatural Love', which features the Daft-Punk style tune, 'Too Many Dicks On The Dancefloor' (Gondry directed the French outfit's 1997 promo for 'Around The World'.
Bret: He's got a mutual friend who's our costume designer, and was also the costume designer on his movie Be Kind Rewind. We met him and he was interested. It was a bit different for us- he took more time with it.
Does he put his own stamp on the episode then?
Bret: There are little touches from..."
#heart# Image #heart#
Venus
The day time of the night

by Venus » Wed May 20, 2009 4:11 am

Just saw that NME Magazine posted the picture used in the magazine on Twitter: [image]
#heart# Image #heart#
Venus

by peterpan » Wed May 20, 2009 7:02 am

Eeee I really need to buy this today!!! [image]
peterpan
Turning white clouds grey

by Venus » Wed May 20, 2009 7:08 am

Yeah I don't usually get this magazine but it is a good investment for the boys alone [image]

Yay they put up a blog on the NME website (www.nme.com/theoffice) which includes these clips of Bret on the Keytar [image] and the boys playing instruments in their hotel room....in bed.... ;):

Flight Of The Conchords - Behind-The Scenes On Their NME Shoot

I recently had the privilege of flying out to Chicago to interview the comedy duo who make up Flight Of The Conchords.

Having interviewed a few funnymen in the past (The ‘Peep Show’ boys, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost) I know from experience that just because these people can make you piss themselves when they’re on screen, that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re going to be a laugh-a-minute when you see them in the flesh.

Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement are an exception – they were wickedly amusing when the tape recorder was off as well as on.

Jemaine is the more garrulous of the two, a brash, loud, chatty big fella who is almost instantly likeable. Bret is no less charming, but a lot quieter and more understated, although not averse to a bit of showing off, as you can see, when I asked him if he’d play us a bit of ‘Key-tar’:

The boys also didn’t mind me invading the hotel room to nosey in on the photo shoot:

Anyway, you can read the interview in this week’s issue of NME. We discuss what we can expect from Season Two, which is already airing on BBC4. You can look forward to Bret dissing rappers, the boys turning into substance abusers, and a VERY special guest…

Source

[image] [image] [image]
#heart# Image #heart#
Venus

by peterpan » Wed May 20, 2009 7:21 am

I despise NME, except for the two issues a year that have Radiohead and Muse on the cover. I am willing to change that to three issues, just for once, because of Jemaine and Bret ^_^

AND....

Jemaine...bed.. [image]
peterpan

by sally » Wed May 20, 2009 8:04 am

Venus wrote:Just bought this magazine today :D

For the full sized scan of the image below: http://i43.tinypic.com/9zlgi.jpg
[image]

For the full sized scan of the image below: http://i40.tinypic.com/mmpovm.jpg
[image]

I just noticed that the second scan is cut off a bit, sorry. The top says 8) There’s an Epileptic Dog In It and on the left hand side it reads:

"of the band and we just become reliant on hair gel, both of us."
Jemaine: It's definitely an addiction. It causes problems, but with hilarious consequences. It's like heroin...we're definitely substance abusers."
4) Michel Gondry Directs an episode
The Academy Award-winning director tackles the episode 'Unnatural Love', which features the Daft-Punk style tune, 'Too Many Dicks On The Dancefloor' (Gondry directed the French outfit's 1997 promo for 'Around The World'.
Bret: He's got a mutual friend who's our costume designer, and was also the costume designer on his movie Be Kind Rewind. We met him and he was interested. It was a bit different for us- he took more time with it.
Does he put his own stamp on the episode then?
Bret: There are little touches from..."

These are totally the Chicago pics. That chairlift of Bret..I witnessed that from behind.
*~I don't think that's right, but I don't know enough about stars to dispute it.~*
sally
Bowie's in space

by peterpan » Wed May 20, 2009 8:33 am

This description of Jemaine, from the NME blog....

Jemaine is the more garrulous of the two, a brash, loud, chatty big fella who is almost instantly likeable.

...is hilariously British. chatty big fella!!! [image] [image]

It is weird how all the journalists seem to say he is the more outgoing of the two, when he always talks about how shy and awkward he is. [image]
peterpan

by shianne517 » Wed May 20, 2009 8:41 am

Oooh... thanks! Viry nice. [image]
shianne517
Jem Ho

by kellysouthpaw » Wed May 20, 2009 8:51 am

Thanks Venus! I love the Jemaine is playing the Omnichord bit from "Hurt Feelings" [image]
kellysouthpaw
I like to rock the party!

by dontlookback » Wed May 20, 2009 10:17 pm

I love this video so much[image]

[image]
dontlookback
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by sheila » Wed May 20, 2009 10:22 pm

dontlookback wrote:I love this video so much[image]

[image]

jems sweater [image] [image]
[image] [image]
[image]
sheila
Way less focused than squirrels

by dontlookback » Wed May 20, 2009 10:23 pm

sheila wrote:
dontlookback wrote:I love this video so much[image]

[image]

jems sweater [image] [image]
[image] [image]
[image]

[image] [image]
dontlookback
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by gezyka » Thu May 21, 2009 12:06 am

Venus wrote:

Ahh, I love them!!!!

[image] [image] [image] [image]
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

by Venus » Thu May 21, 2009 8:29 am

No probs guys, glad you liked the article and clips. I love the clips but they're way too short. I mean what happened after Bret took off his shoes? I guess my imagination will have to do for now [image] Oh and Jemaine always looks good in a sweater [image]
#heart# Image #heart#
Venus

by hellomyfriend » Thu May 21, 2009 8:38 am

Venus wrote:... what happened after Bret took off his shoes? I guess my imagination will have to do for now [image] ...

[image]
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

Next

Return to 2009