Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

NEW SONGS!

Ever wonder what others think? Start a poll!

by princessofparties » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:34 pm

i loved how catchy carol brown was, and i cant wait for them to record it!

i loved "i told you i was freaky" but i couldnt catch a lot of what they were saying at friday's show and i dont know why. but maybe it was because half way through the song bret ran by me with his keytar ;D
princessofparties
Lost but happy at sea

by severine999 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:43 pm

Not a surprise, but Freaky. I've already mentioned somewhere on here what that song does to me! I do enjoy the ex-girlfriends song as well though.
severine999

by princessofparties » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:11 am

wow am i really the only one who loves Carol Brown more? i love FREAKY as well! buti just can't remember all that was said during the song..but i do love the whole "you can be a squireel and store my nuts for me"...or something like that! i have to listen to it again on youtube. aw HECK i love BOTH. but i think carol brown has been stuck in my head more, so it's a little catchier to me...idk. i hope both are included in the 2nd season!
princessofparties
Lost but happy at sea

by hellomyfriend » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:12 pm

Carol Brown/Ex-Girlfriends is sweet, but I prefer Freaky. It's just such a Bret song ... (surreal / creative / wacky). And his part in it is absolutely hilarious. "I'll go outside onto the ledge and push my ass against the glass. You can act like you don't even know meeeee." ;D ;D ;D
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

by princessofparties » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:25 pm

i guess they're both individual , but im more partial to jemaine and every song that features jemaine :) haha.
princessofparties
Lost but happy at sea

by caiknbake » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:38 pm

i'm sorry, i can't vote because i love them both and can't pick a favorite :D i really wish i'd been able to hear "freaky" live, though.
ImageImage
caiknbake
PANTIES ON

by princessofparties » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:46 pm

caiknbake wrote:i'm sorry, i can't vote because i love them both and can't pick a favorite :D i really wish i'd been able to hear "freaky" live, though.

they didn't play it sunday? hmmm :-/
princessofparties
Lost but happy at sea

by sunnyringo » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:17 pm

hellomyfriend wrote:Carol Brown/Ex-Girlfriends is sweet, but I prefer Freaky. It's just such a Bret song ... (surreal / creative / wacky).

Agreed. For some reason I'm always drawn to the "Bret" songs. Petrov, Nothin' Wrong, Ladies of the World, Bus Driver's Song (actually, I'm not sure that's his song, it could go either way), Angels...

I love Jemaine's voice on Carol Brown, though. It's a sweet song and he does a great job with it, so I'm looking forward to hearing a more polished version of it.
sunnyringo

by boomqueen » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:21 pm

Nope Marika, I love Carol Brown/Ex-Girlfriends Choir more
boomqueen
You don't have to be a prostitute

by thegreenrectangle » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:14 pm

sunnyringo wrote:[quote author=hellomyfriend board=polls thread=642 post=10683 time=1212603163]
I love Jemaine's voice on Carol Brown, though. It's a sweet song and he does a great job with it, so I'm looking forward to hearing a more polished version of it.

In my usual style of barely skimming through the things that I'm reading, I actually thought you said you were looking for a more Polish version of it. Needless to say, I was confused.
thegreenrectangle
I'm not crying

by sharona65 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:19 pm

sunnyringo wrote:
hellomyfriend wrote:Carol Brown/Ex-Girlfriends is sweet, but I prefer Freaky. It's just such a Bret song ... (surreal / creative / wacky).

Agreed. For some reason I'm always drawn to the "Bret" songs. Petrov, Nothin' Wrong, Ladies of the World, Bus Driver's Song (actually, I'm not sure that's his song, it could go either way), Angels...

um, yeah...ditto what sam and friend said! ;D
sharona65

by severine999 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:56 pm

sharona65 wrote:
sunnyringo wrote:

um, yeah...ditto what sam and friend said! ;D

I love the Jemaine songs (oh, what his voice does to me!) but I have to agree that this song really works because of Bret. (went and watched video of it again, even though it's too frickin' hot and i've been trying to avoid it) Oh yeah. He adds a sly witty quirkiness to Jem's more outright sexiness that makes this song much more multidimensional, intriguing and even more hottttt. I'd like it O.K. if it was just Jemaine, but Bret takes it to the next level. A virry sexy level. (resumes avoiding song, but is now pestered by thoughts of what a man-man-lady threesome with a certain pair of musicians would really be like....)
severine999

by boomqueen » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:00 pm

My Favs are also typically the Bret songs...but I just think that Ex-Girlfriends is really catchy and fun to sing hehe
boomqueen
You don't have to be a prostitute

by caiknbake » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:40 am

okay, so maybe i'm just slow, but i don't think i'm really on the same page as everyone else here re: classifying a "bret song" vs. a "jemaine song." what sort of criteria are you looking at/listening for? you've listed some of the bret songs....which ones do you think are the more jemaine ones? the only thing i really think about is who sings which one, but i don't know if that is enough to classify a song one way or the other ??? i would love to hear everyone's opinion about this :)
ImageImage
caiknbake
PANTIES ON

by hellomyfriend » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:19 pm

Some songs (like Think, Think About It or Angels) don't give me a specifically Bret or Jemaine feel. But a few just seem to fit one guy's style a bit more. Jemaine songs seem a bit more classic. Bret songs seem more hyperactive and bizarre.

Jemaine songs: Business Time, Most Beautiful Girl, KISSING
Bret songs: Boom, Prince of Parties, Robots, Petrov Yelyena and Me

My list isn't about who *actually* wrote which songs (I have no idea) ... only about which guys the songs seem to fit. Jemaine said Bret started "Ladies of the World," and I can see that ... it's a love song but it has more of Bret's style of humor.
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

Next

Return to Polls