Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

NEW SONGS!

Ever wonder what others think? Start a poll!

by step0nmi » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:30 pm

hellomyfriend wrote:Some songs (like Think, Think About It or Angels) don't give me a specifically Bret or Jemaine feel. But a few just seem to fit one guy's style a bit more. Jemaine songs seem a bit more classic. Bret songs seem more hyperactive and bizarre.

Jemaine songs: Business Time, Most Beautiful Girl, KISSING
Bret songs: Boom, Prince of Parties, Robots, Petrov Yelyena and Me

My list isn't about who *actually* wrote which songs (I have no idea) ... only about which guys the songs seem to fit. Jemaine said Bret started "Ladies of the World," and I can see that ... it's a love song but it has more of Bret's style of humor.

ok...I totally agree that there are "Bret" and "Jemaine" songs...like which one they might have written or best suits their personality...but, I don't agree with KISSING being a "Jemaine" song... I totally thought that was a Bret song and not just because he was signing it mostly...I just got that feel from him..I dunno

but, I voted for Freaky...more memorable for me and I LOVE what Bret is saying in it! ;D
step0nmi

by christi » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:29 pm

i have to agree with you on this one. KISSING to me is a Bret song. Especially because of the episode that they sing this song is about Bret and the pastry chef. Plus Bret says "I'm just one man, baby" Then they both say "We're two men...." Idk just my thoughts on that one.
christi
Smokin' with an eye that's broken

by chickenkarma » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:33 pm

why can't there be a "i love them both" choice??
chickenkarma
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by thedistantfuture » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:24 am

Choir of ex-girlfriends = Love.
thedistantfuture

by Amily » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:53 pm

In a older radio interview Bret says that if it's (the song) about love then Jemaine probably started and if it's dark then Bret probably started. Then Jemaine says, if it's dirty he probably started it. :D

I really love them both now... I've heard Ex-girlfriends way more than I've heard Freaky though. Freaky is so dirty though... I can't help but love it a little more. :P
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by parapluie » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:31 pm

You know, it's weird, but "Freaky" may be the one FOTC song I'm just not into at all (pun unintended?). There are some individual lines in there I like, but the whole song just kind of leaves me thinking "didn't Weird Al already do this five years ago?"

Carol Brown, on the other hand? Catchy, hilarious, kind of dark, weirdly sweet, and vaguely homoerotic on several levels. It's just one David Bowie short of a checklist of everything I like!
parapluie

by liverz » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:28 pm

I want to have I Told You I Was Freaky's babies. Though they are both excellent!

I can't wait to see in what context they're used in upcoming episodes!! ;D
liverz
Beneath a willow tree

by rokkers » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:13 pm

I just had to pop in and shake up the 50-50 voting result.
It's all too harmonious ;)
rokkers
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by racistdragon » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:37 pm

FREAKY ALL THE WAY! [image] [image] [image]

"You can be a squirrel and store my nuts for me!" :D

|
|
V

"Sometimes in our hyper cynical world, we forget that it’s okay to get enthusiastic about things."
racistdragon
Mythical Gluenicorn

Previous

Return to Polls