Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

5-11-08 Milwaukee Show~Flighty Stephanie

Have you ever met the Conchords? Share your stories here.

by step0nmi » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:58 am

sorry all...forgot to repost my meetup without photos! and it's pretty random too

My official: Flight of the Conchords Concert review!
Set List:

Robots
Jenny
Think about It
Ex-girlfriends
Prince of Parties
Business Time
Mutha'Uckas
I'm not cryin'
Bus Driver
Albi
Kiss is not a contract
Hiphopopatomus vs. Rhymnocerous
Freaky song
Bowie
Encores:

Bret you've got it going on!
Angels
Inner City Pressure

There were some really long pauses at the beginning of the show and someone blurted out that they want them to play Froto…so Bret decides that he is going to be funny and he says "More like this" and gets off of his chair and goes back the stage some, like he is little…then he comes closer to the front of the stage and gets down on his knees…all playing like he is suppose to be a hobbit! Well, I think you had to see it.

'I'm not cryin'-AMAZING! They used this Casio Digi-100 saxaphone that is basically a toy like the Casio Digi 20….it's silver and little; Jemaine looked soo cute playing it. It was more amazing sounding in person than any video or recording.

Before 'Kiss is Not a Contract' they went into this banter about HOW they kiss. They start off talking about how they don't get how girls find out where they are! Bret: like we'll be right out back here and girls just show up! And they want to kiss us..it's nice but, how do they find out this information? Like, how do they know that we are at the Imperial Inn Hotel in rooms 262 and 261…they just show up and want to kiss us! It's nice but, we don't know how they do it…Jemaine: so back to kissing! (lol) Bret is a more technical kisser…he knows all the latest modern kisses like the corkscrew and the tounge drill! (omg! *laughing hard*) Then Jemaine starts talking about how he is a RAW kisser…He just goes for it! Likes it messy! But, they practice together! (LOL) yes! These guys said that they practice kissing! OMG! So…to go into the song Bret says: so, sometimes it gets a little to far the girls call what I reach the 'danger zone'…Jemaine: I call it the 'hazard house'…they just went back and forth until 'Kiss is not a Contract' the crowd was up roared with laughter! US TOO!

Ok…I am going to go through randomness here people! Because I am just trying to remember everything! You pick and choose what to dwell on and ask me later!! LOL

Wow! The show was amazing! Yes, security was super tight! There were a lot of "dick-heads"! LOL Basically, my husband was TRYING to do some shots but it was just too stressful trying to be sneaky. So, most of the stuff he got at the end because then they couldn't pay attention much more. Anyway…take a look at my FOTC album!

FOTC played EVERY great song! (except my favorite "Beautiful Girl in the Room" which was supplemented by "I'm not cryin" which I cried during. it was soo nice) They had so many instruments on stage! Bret didn't come down the isle like in another show…may have been a one time thing and our isles were too small. But, the set-up looked great. Jemaine played that little toy saxophone and it was so cute! They were really having fun on stage. Everything seemed refined…the sound was unbelievable and they were really playing off the crowd; it was almost as if our show was in the middle and they were just now getting the hang of things.

Bret is a little clumsy…he kept knocking things over. At one point he knocked his guitar over so loudly that the whole crowd made a sound! It was too cute! I don't know if stuff like that is planned but Jemaine just sits there and laughs…it's so nice to see them together and being such best friends.

One thing I do have to say is that I've seen many clips…many YouTube videos of these guys…from the start of their One Night Stand HBO special and everything in between This was by far the most refined show they have ever had. And I don't think it's just because I was there…I mean the sound quality was amazing and they didn't screw up any words…they knew what they were doing and even Bret's little "accidents" seemed planned out…but, they were good! They did so well with the banter in between songs and I can contest that our crowd was very difficult to deal with. We are a town of hecklers! LOL-There was even a point where Jemaine had to settle everyone straight on who was supposed to be talking in between songs. Jemaine: Here's how it works…we do a song, then talk. Bret: sometimes we do a song, song, and then we talk, talk. Jemaine: Let's see YOU get up here to do it! Bret: *flips his microphone out into the crowd* Jemaine: go on…go ahead. (Crowd is laughing and clapping but mostly silent.)Then they decide to critique the crowd and Bret: No structure, no structure; Jemaine: not as easy as it looks, eh! *up roar of laughing* So, even when you think something is not planned out…it may just be planned out but in a good way…they get us every time.

Arj was funny! He was HIGH! Of course! I didn't stop to say hi to him inside, after the show, because we were in a sea of people and couldn't get through…wanted to get outside. BUT! He was outside with some girls at the other end of the alley and when he came back to go inside he was all swaying around…and I was like "The flighties love you arj!" and he said "yay! Flighties!" and put his thumbs up! LOL- he was a nerd! I'm sorry girls…but he just was! LOL

OH! What they were wearing! Jemaine…was in cowboy gear! OMG! He had on this like black/grey plaid with like red stripes that showed the pockets and stuff…very cowboy like..it looked good! And Bret was just wearing a black button collared shirt which, I think, did not go well with the hair….Ummm it reminded me of someone but I am not going to say who! LOL He was cute!

So afterward! Security was "dick-heads"! We came back to the alley on the riverside and this guy tells us that they are not coming out till like 2 or 3 am! Well, I was tired and upset so I kind of was mad at him…I guess I feel for it a little bit. So, we walked back up the river and found Kael. She used to work with the security so she was like "NO! They aren't staying in there for 4 hours!" Which I kind of figured…so we walked back down there to wait…it was only like 50 minutes later that they came out! I was stunned! Bret came out first…and I just thought "aww…he's so cute in his hat, he looks soo nice" then I was looking for Jemaine! LOL-but, Bret took a pic with someone and then came right over to me! I said hi! And told him who I was and asked if they like chocolate because I made these cookies…and yes, he knew about the cake!! OMG! So, I had this box of cookies in my hand and he asks if that was the cake! LOL-I said no, these are cookies! And he is like "Sweet!" I had him sign the album and he signed "Thanks for the cookies!" awww! Then it was on to Jemaine! I was startled by his nice eyes, and like a dork, I say "wow! You do have really nice eyes!" UGH! He might have said thank you but I don't know! LOL-so I told him who I was and yes, he too, knew that I was going to make the cake! Ugh! Took picture and then asked them to sign my album cover and he looked like he didn't know what to write…so I told him "Bret already wrote thank you for the cookies so you can just write Hey Flighty or something…as long as it says Love Jemaine"….so I got "Hi Flighty, Love Jemaine" LOL-I had to ask him if they were worried going through the storms driving down…but Jemaine said that they just slept the whole way…poor guys!

So, there was another group at the end of the alley and Bret had already run over there…Jemaine was still kind of there but was sheepishly going to the other side…I see him one last time to say good-bye and thank you; I outstretch my hand to him…he shook my hand. His hands were so soft…I was stunned. I held my hand there not wanting to let go, "Wow, your hands are so soft" I said, took my other hand and place it over his hand that was shaking mine and looked into his eyes and said "Thank you so much" he said "Your Welcome". Now I'm crying…because it was so amazing! I can't believe how SOFT his hand was…and how sweet he was. He didn't have to shake my hand…he could've just gone away…plus, I thought that with him playing guitar that he would have calluses…well, he must take good care of this hands because both sides were soft. It was a dream come true…and then we were off to go home. I screamed up and down the streets! I didn't care anymore what people thought. They took the cookies…yes, they probably ate them…I would like to know what they thought and if they actually want me to make them a cake for next time. I gave them a gift certificate, laminated, so they could find me…not like I'm going anywhere because I will be on My Space every day telling them how grateful I am. These two guys are a class act and I cannot WAIT to see them once again!

Yeah, they knew about the cake! HOW long was I writing to them asking them if they wanted one!? I don't know how long it was but they never responded but, they were nice about it…they didn't make fun of me and they took the cookies graciously…actually, Bret took the cookies. I hope they ate them and tell me if they like them!
step0nmi

by step0nmi » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:03 am

and this was the update after the Minneapolis show...

This is what Flight of the Conchords said about me and my cookies! My friend online (Flighty Mike-The Green Rectangle) met them last night and asked Bret & Jemaine before he left!
THANKS MIKE FOR THE RUN DOWN!

Mike: So, do you remember in Milwaukee someone gave you guys some cookies?

Jemaine: Aw, yih. I do. Bret's been keeping those mostly to himself. Hey, Bret!

Bret: Yeah, those are great. I've still got some on the bus, I'm riding with them. The detail on them is amazing. Did you make those? [directed at me]

Mike No, that was my friend Steph. She's the one who makes those cakes.

Bret: Oh, yeah. I remember that. She wanted to make us a cake.

Jemaine: Those cakes look pretty cool.

Bret- Yeah, she's good. Skilled.

yeah...so I know it's not much! But, it means the world to me! I know that everyone loves all of my stuff but to have someone that I barely know, and love the things they do, is really nice! The guys are soo sweet and I can't wait to make them a cake for next time...maybe they will remember me better! ;) lol
step0nmi

by earthintruder » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:56 pm

Aww, that's so cool! They seem really sweet.
earthintruder
The day time of the night

by nikki78 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:04 pm

step0nmi wrote:

Mike: So, do you remember in Milwaukee someone gave you guys some cookies?

Jemaine: Aw, yih. I do. Bret's been keeping those mostly to himself. Hey, Bret!

Bret: Yeah, those are great. I've still got some on the bus, I'm riding with them. The detail on them is amazing. Did you make those? [directed at me]

Mike No, that was my friend Steph. She's the one who makes those cakes.

Bret: Oh, yeah. I remember that. She wanted to make us a cake.

Jemaine: Those cakes look pretty cool.

Bret- Yeah, she's good. Skilled.

I would die if Bret and Jemaine were having a conversation about me. And Bret hoarding your cookies? Too cute! Such a huge compliment! ;D

Oh.. and if I saw them in concert and they were talking about practicing kissing on each other, I think my head would get all dizzy and I would pass out. 8-)
nikki78
Smokin' with an eye that's broken

by earthintruder » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:04 pm

They talk about it in Q magazine, too! God, Stephanie, you're being mentioned everywhere!
earthintruder

by ines » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:08 pm

STeph! i loved this!

yay for steph! aw, i bet they still remember you!
ines

by rokkers » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 am

You're skilled, Steph ;)
rokkers
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by earthintruder » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:12 am

I think that show would take a real funny turn for me if they talked about practicing kissing on each other... I'd just be sitting there, picturing... Ohh...
earthintruder

by rokkers » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:21 pm

Haha! Ohhhh me too. Eeeee..
rokkers

by step0nmi » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:56 pm

earthintruder wrote:They talk about it in Q magazine, too! God, Stephanie, you're being mentioned everywhere!

no :-[ actually that was NOT me. they were actually talking about someone that night on the other side of the ally that gave them bret and jemaine face cookies :'( my cookies were chocolate dipped and had fotc on them in chocolate. not very fancy
step0nmi

by rokkers » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:59 pm

step0nmi wrote:
earthintruder wrote:They talk about it in Q magazine, too! God, Stephanie, you're being mentioned everywhere!

no :-[ actually that was NOT me. they were actually talking about someone that night on the other side of the ally that gave them bret and jemaine face cookies :'( my cookies were chocolate dipped and had fotc on them in chocolate. not very fancy

It doesn't matter. You're better :)
And I love you more than facecookie person :)
rokkers

by earthintruder » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:47 pm

Yeah. You mentioned the cookies and I thought, "Wait... No way!"

I think they liked yours better anyway because in the interview (when mentioning the other cookies) Jemaine said something to the effect of, "What do you do with that? I wouldn't eat my own face. Or Bret's."
earthintruder

by rokkers » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:42 pm

HAHAHA Jemaine.. I'd eat your face..

Sorry to state the obvious. ;)

Yeah steph, they ate yours, they probably gave the facecookies to fans.. :P
rokkers

by earthintruder » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:51 pm

There were a lot of pictures of fans in that feature. There was one of two girls that had made puppets for them from the "Robots" video.
earthintruder

by rokkers » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:17 pm

HEY they're FLIGHTIESSSS!
rokkers

Next

Return to I'm With The Band