Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

"Woah!That's a big one!" : The Rhys Darby edition

Have you ever met the Conchords? Share your stories here.

by thedistantfuture » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:57 pm

So maybe the title is a bit misleading :P ;)

So I figured I'd tell my meeting Rhys story here for whatever brave souls did not venture into the 1st National International New Zealand Day thread. No,I didn't meet Jemaine or Bret...or center myself in the presence of Arj Barker ( :P) But I met RHYS! And he was super nice. ;D

So after the show my friend and I went to the back alley where her car was, and waited around a bit to see if J/B would come out like they usually do...after about 10 minutes my friend grabs my arm and says "Look! It's Rhys!" so we casually walk over with our dignity in tow (not really,we pretty much ran over...I felt like a douche.)

We start telling Rhys how great his performance was (sound effects and the like) and how epic Leggy Blonde was. He says "Aw,well thank you" and then my friend asks if we could get a picture and he says "Sure!" and my friend starts going through her bag to find her camera...this took like 2 minutes and meanwhile I'm standing there feeling like a dork and I say "Hannah! Why don't I just use my camera?" and I take it out and Rhys says "Woah!That's a big one!" and at first I was like 'WTF?' but then I realized he was talking about my camera and I just laughed and said "Yeah....". So I turn my camera on and the flash starts freaking out and I say "I'm sorry if I blind you with the camera's flash!" and he's like "Oh,that's okay...I just have to drive home" and laughs and smiles. So we end up using my friend's camera and yada yada yada. I got a picture with him ;D He put my arm around me so I was like ... Okay,I'll put my arm around you. So I was pretty much side-hugging Rhys Darby for a good hmm...30 seconds ( :P) And he smelled SUPER good! After that we said thank you and he met 2 other people because he said he had to go. So we were a lucky few.

Wow,I feel like a dork for telling the story now.
But...here's ze photos
(Me and Rhys):
[image]
(My friend Hannah and Rhys):
[image]
thedistantfuture
 

by liverz » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:15 pm


thedistantfuture wrote: No,I didn't meet Jemaine or Bret...or center myself in the presence of Arj Barker ( :P)


OH, PSH.

YISSS! I'm glad you posted this!!!

Oh, Rhys. I love his glasses! He seems so nice, too!

And way to put your arm around him, Haley! ROWR!

And I still love your yellow pants. ;D
liverz
Beneath a willow tree
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:56 pm

by thedistantfuture » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:20 pm


liverz wrote:
thedistantfuture wrote: No,I didn't meet Jemaine or Bret...or center myself in the presence of Arj Barker ( :P)


OH, PSH.

YISSS! I'm glad you posted this!!!

Oh, Rhys. I love his glasses! He seems so nice, too!

And way to put your arm around him, Haley! ROWR!

And I still love your yellow pants. ;D

;) I had to add that in just for you.

WOO!

He was super nice!

My yellow pants are my trademark :P
thedistantfuture
 

by chickenkarma » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:50 pm

I'm happy you posted this. I had a dream about Rhys, I put it in the FOTC Dream thread. It was a viry cute and viry nice dream HAHA.

I luv him he's so HANDSOME in the dorky way ^_^

Haley, I love love love your yellow pants. I keep forgetting to tell you that. Yellow is my Favorite color. My room is the same yellow as your pants =D

chickenkarma
My shadow played a bass clarinet
 
Posts: 1962
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 9:09 pm

by thedistantfuture » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:52 pm


chickenkarma wrote:I'm happy you posted this. I had a dream about Rhys, I put it in the FOTC Dream thread. It was a viry cute and viry nice dream HAHA.

I luv him he's so HANDSOME in the dorky way ^_^

Haley, I love love love your yellow pants. I keep forgetting to tell you that. Yellow is my Favorite color. My room is the same yellow as your pants =D


Aw! *Goes to check* :D

Yis,exactly!

Well thank ya Irene...your room must be a super awesome color then. :)
thedistantfuture
 

by lixxx » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:32 am

cool story! i was one of the unlucky few who didn't meet/see anyone after the show.
i love your pictures. soo awesome. :D
question: what are you doing with your hand? C for Conchords? :P
lixxx
Banana Balls
 
Posts: 946
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:11 pm
Location: hogwarts

by thedistantfuture » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:34 am


lixxx wrote:cool story! i was one of the unlucky few who didn't meet/see anyone after the show.
i love your pictures. soo awesome. :D
question: what are you doing with your hand? C for Conchords? :P

Thank you :)
I have no idea...I wasn't really ready so I just stuck my hand on his shoulder.haha
thedistantfuture
 

by hellomyfriend » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:20 pm

So awesome, Haley. I love Rhys! :D
User avatar
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret
 
Posts: 24025
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:10 pm
Location: Earth

by thedistantfuture » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:07 am


hellomyfriend wrote:So awesome, Haley. I love Rhys! :D

;D So do I. I'm glad you like Rhys at least...even if you don't like Arj ;) :P
thedistantfuture
 

by rokkers » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:51 am

His glasses, your pants.. not much could make this photo any better.
rokkers
My shadow played a bass clarinet
 
Posts: 1564
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:08 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

by thedistantfuture » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:01 am


Ukulady wrote:His glasses, your pants.. not much could make this photo any better.

If I didn't look really crappy in it,that could make it look better ;) :P
thedistantfuture
 

by rokkers » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:47 pm

Haha. Oh, stop.
But I do know how you feel.
When you're taking photos of yourself at home it's easy to take a million and get one good one (That's how it works for me at least), but when you're getting a pic with someone you have to just pose and hope for the best. :(
rokkers
My shadow played a bass clarinet
 
Posts: 1564
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:08 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

by thedistantfuture » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:49 pm


Ukulady wrote:Haha. Oh, stop.
But I do know how you feel.
When you're taking photos of yourself at home it's easy to take a million and get one good one (That's how it works for me at least), but when you're getting a pic with someone you have to just pose and hope for the best. :(

E-freaking-xactly.
thedistantfuture
 

by rokkers » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:56 pm

Glad someone actually agrees with me and doesn't think I'm full of it :P
rokkers
My shadow played a bass clarinet
 
Posts: 1564
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:08 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

by thedistantfuture » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:00 pm


Ukulady wrote:Glad someone actually agrees with me and doesn't think I'm full of it :P

Yes...ditto that.
We seem like weird parallel universe kind of twins. haha
thedistantfuture
 

Next

Return to I'm With The Band