Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

I'm with the band?

Have you ever met the Conchords? Share your stories here.

by chickenkarma » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:25 am

This is for anyone who doesn't already know what happened to me Saturday night Aug 2nd, 2008 .... or who didn't get all the details of my story.

I am finally posting it. YAY.

I am telling you all this from how i sort of remember it, it's kind of a blur to me now. hahaha it all happened so fast and its just weird to me.... i still can't believe it happened.

Okay, So I made these gifts for the guys (as many already know)

[image]

and because I had put so much thought into this gift, I really wanted to make SURE that the guys got them.... so I had been thinking (while i was in line to get into the theater) that i should perhaps talk to the owner of the venue (Flanny) to see what would be the best thing to do.

later on after we got seated (i was in the front ROW AA!! SQUEEEEE) ... i asked ines to save my seat. I got up, took the presents from my sister Wendy and told her I was going to go talk to Flanny. I walk outside the theater and begin scoping the crowd. I was worried I wouldn't be able to find him because I had been trying to look for him earlier. I spot him, walk up to him and tell him about the presents I made for the guys (which he had already heard about via the doorman, Michael) I ask him if he wants to see them and he says "sure, of course" and while he is looking at them I ask him "what do you think would be best? should i give them to you so you can give to them? or can I place them on stage so they can see them?" and Flanny is just looking at the presents and after a short pause he says...
"okay....i'll tell you what..... this is what we're gonna to do..... come with me"

and so I follow him and he leads me to the door in the courtyard that says "PRIVATE" on it.....O_O

I am not sure what to expect, but I was like OH SHIIIII!!

okay so...
Flanny opens the door, and it's a narrow short hallway, and the first thing I see is a group of 3-4 ladies... I recognize one of them, as she is the first to greet flanny, as Bret's girlfriend, the other lady that i see has very short hair, but her hair color is familiar, and I later find out (through flanny) that it was Jemaine's wife.
anyway... so flanny puts his hand on my back and leads me in. The second that my whole body was through the door, Jemaine comes around the corner and he stops abruptly only a few feet in front of me... and I can see him looking at what I had in my hands. Flanny says "iv'e got someone here who has something for you"
and I can feel my face getting hot and I put one of my hands up to my face and I say "Oh my god this is so embarassing I can't believe you brought me back here" I then remove my hand and reach into my padded hot pink lunch pail and take out Jemaine's gift and extend my arm while I say "i made something for you" and it is then immediately followed by the reactions of the other ladies in the hallway, as they say.... "AWWWWWWW!" and Jemaine is holding it and smiling and he said "aww this is great, thank you" The ladies are still making little side comments and pointing at the present. I can't remember anything they said but I could tell that they thought it was cute..

then flanny says "okay now lets go see Bret" and we go into the direction in which Jemaine had come from and Flanny stops and and he turns to his left, facing the entrance of a room, when i look in I can see Bret and I can see that he is talking to someone. I keep my distance, i didn't want to disturb him. Flanny gets Bret's attention and tells him that i have something for him and he pretty much gives me the go to give bret his present. As I am walking into the room I am looking to my left to see who Bret was talking to and as I am doing this Flanny says, "you should have made Rhys one." Rhys was in the room with Bret sitting in a lounge chair. He was the one that Bret was talking to! LMAO....
as a response/defense to what Flanny had said i say "I WAS GOING TO!" and then I see Bret looking at me and so I reach into my lunchpail and hand Bret his present and say "i made this for you" Bret smiles and looks at me and says thank you, I turn to look at Rhys and I tell him "Rhys I was going to make you one too but i didn't know if you were coming or not" and he doesn't say anything but he is smiling and I can see him mouth the words "It's alright, it's okay" and he gives me this little nod, and I hear flanny behind me say "maybe next time" I then hear Bret say "nice job on the DG-20" which then brings me back to the realization that Bret was in the room. lol (it makes me giddy because i know that during the time that i wasn't looking at him and i was looking at rhys, Bret was examining my little present) anyway I look at my bag and I say "OH I have something else for you" and i pull out the dragon that I had made for him and I say "I was supposed to give this to you at the Orpheum" and when he sees it he right away points to it and he has this kind of lightbulb going off expression on his face and he says... "we have one of those! in our collection!" and I say "oh yeah i know, that one was for Jemaine, but this one is for you. I was supposed to give it to you at the orpheum but i wasn't able to finish it on time" and he just says "oh okay ic, thank you" at this point i dunno what happened or what the transition was, but it was time to go and Bret just tells me thank you again and he tells me to enjoy the show.
Jemaine must have heard this and known that i was leaving, at this point he must have been in a different area backstage, so I hear him kinda yell to me "THANK YOU SO MUCH" ^_^

I walk to where we had entered, with flanny behind me, and I turn the little doorknob (i will always remember how that damn little doorknob felt, don't ask me why I just will) and I walk out the door into the courtyard. I turn quickly to flanny and I say "thank you, that was embarassing, but THANK YOU" and i have a big smile on my face.

I then go back into the theater feeling like I am walking on air.

It was awesome ^^

I made sure to properly give my thanks to Flanny after the show.

I walk up to him and extend my arms and I say "Thank you so much" he leans in and gives me possibly the best hug I have ever received from anyone, he gave me a tight squeeze and as we are hugging he says "It was great right? it was good?" and I smile and I say "YES IT WAS AWESOME, thank you!"
we talked to him a bit more and he was telling me that Bret and Jemaine's significant others really loved the present and thought it was really adorable. He was telling me about the guys plans and how they would be leaving to NY in a little more that a week. He also said that he was going to have breakfast with the guys the next day.

I hope he put in a good word for me, I only say that because i am worried that the guys think I am a stalker fan-girl XD

I can't wait to talk to flanny again. He's an amazingly kind sweet man. ^_^

This experience just adds to my long list of why I love going to Largo so much and why I am so happy I found the venue^^

chickenkarma
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by ines » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:26 am

chickenkarma wrote:This is for anyone who doesn't already know what happened to me Saturday night Aug 2nd, 2008 .... or who didn't get all the details of my story.

I am finally posting it. YAY.

I am telling you all this from how i sort of remember it, it's kind of a blur to me now. hahaha it all happened so fast and its just weird to me.... i still can't believe it happened.

Okay, So I made these gifts for the guys (as many already know)

[image]

and because I had put so much thought into this gift, I really wanted to make SURE that the guys got them.... so I had been thinking (while i was in line to get into the theater) that i should perhaps talk to the owner of the venue (Flanny) to see what would be the best thing to do.

later on after we got seated (i was in the front ROW AA!! SQUEEEEE) ... i asked ines to save my seat. I got up, took the presents from my sister Wendy and told her I was going to go talk to Flanny. I walk outside the theater and begin scoping the crowd. I was worried I wouldn't be able to find him because I had been trying to look for him earlier. I spot him, walk up to him and tell him about the presents I made for the guys (which he had already heard about via the doorman, Michael) I ask him if he wants to see them and he says "sure, of course" and while he is looking at them I ask him "what do you think would be best? should i give them to you so you can give to them? or can I place them on stage so they can see them?" and Flanny is just looking at the presents and after a short pause he says...
"okay....i'll tell you what..... this is what we're gonna to do..... come with me"

and so I follow him and he leads me to the door in the courtyard that says "PRIVATE" on it.....O_O

I am not sure what to expect, but I was like OH SHIIIII!!

okay so...
Flanny opens the door, and it's a narrow short hallway, and the first thing I see is a group of 3-4 ladies... I recognize one of them, as she is the first to greet flanny, as Bret's girlfriend, the other lady that i see has very short hair, but her hair color is familiar, and I later find out (through flanny) that it was Jemaine's wife.
anyway... so flanny puts his hand on my back and leads me in. The second that my whole body was through the door, Jemaine comes around the corner and he stops abruptly only a few feet in front of me... and I can see him looking at what I had in my hands. Flanny says "iv'e got someone here who has something for you"
and I can feel my face getting hot and I put one of my hands up to my face and I say "Oh my god this is so embarassing I can't believe you brought me back here" I then remove my hand and reach into my padded hot pink lunch pail and take out Jemaine's gift and extend my arm while I say "i made something for you" and it is then immediately followed by the reactions of the other ladies in the hallway, as they say.... "AWWWWWWW!" and Jemaine is holding it and smiling and he said "aww this is great, thank you" The ladies are still making little side comments and pointing at the present. I can't remember anything they said but I could tell that they thought it was cute..

then flanny says "okay now lets go see Bret" and we go into the direction in which Jemaine had come from and Flanny stops and and he turns to his left, facing the entrance of a room, when i look in I can see Bret and I can see that he is talking to someone. I keep my distance, i didn't want to disturb him. Flanny gets Bret's attention and tells him that i have something for him and he pretty much gives me the go to give bret his present. As I am walking into the room I am looking to my left to see who Bret was talking to and as I am doing this Flanny says, "you should have made Rhys one." Rhys was in the room with Bret sitting in a lounge chair. He was the one that Bret was talking to! LMAO....
as a response/defense to what Flanny had said i say "I WAS GOING TO!" and then I see Bret looking at me and so I reach into my lunchpail and hand Bret his present and say "i made this for you" Bret smiles and looks at me and says thank you, I turn to look at Rhys and I tell him "Rhys I was going to make you one too but i didn't know if you were coming or not" and he doesn't say anything but he is smiling and I can see him mouth the words "It's alright, it's okay" and he gives me this little nod, and I hear flanny behind me say "maybe next time" I then hear Bret say "nice job on the DG-20" which then brings me back to the realization that Bret was in the room. lol (it makes me giddy because i know that during the time that i wasn't looking at him and i was looking at rhys, Bret was examining my little present) anyway I look at my bag and I say "OH I have something else for you" and i pull out the dragon that I had made for him and I say "I was supposed to give this to you at the Orpheum" and when he sees it he right away points to it and he has this kind of lightbulb going off expression on his face and he says... "we have one of those! in our collection!" and I say "oh yeah i know, that one was for Jemaine, but this one is for you. I was supposed to give it to you at the orpheum but i wasn't able to finish it on time" and he just says "oh okay ic, thank you" at this point i dunno what happened or what the transition was, but it was time to go and Bret just tells me thank you again and he tells me to enjoy the show.
Jemaine must have heard this and known that i was leaving, at this point he must have been in a different area backstage, so I hear him kinda yell to me "THANK YOU SO MUCH" ^_^

I walk to where we had entered, with flanny behind me, and I turn the little doorknob (i will always remember how that damn little doorknob felt, don't ask me why I just will) and I walk out the door into the courtyard. I turn quickly to flanny and I say "thank you, that was embarassing, but THANK YOU" and i have a big smile on my face.

I then go back into the theater feeling like I am walking on air.

It was awesome ^^

I made sure to properly give my thanks to Flanny after the show.

I walk up to him and extend my arms and I say "Thank you so much" he leans in and gives me possibly the best hug I have ever received from anyone, he gave me a tight squeeze and as we are hugging he says "It was great right? it was good?" and I smile and I say "YES IT WAS AWESOME, thank you!"
we talked to him a bit more and he was telling me that Bret and Jemaine's significant others really loved the present and thought it was really adorable. He was telling me about the guys plans and how they would be leaving to NY in a little more that a week. He also said that he was going to have breakfast with the guys the next day.

I hope he put in a good word for me, I only say that because i am worried that the guys think I am a stalker fan-girl XD

I can't wait to talk to flanny again. He's an amazingly kind sweet man. ^_^

This experience just adds to my long list of why I love going to Largo so much and why I am so happy I found the venue^^

This just reminds me of how TOPS that night was ;D

I can't wait to see what they have in store for season 2.
ines
The day time of the night

by Amily » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:44 am

I'll never get sick of this story. Thanks for sharing it with us Irene. You are the bist. :D
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by thedistantfuture » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:57 am

That is most likely the best story ever! I'm so happy for you Irene! :D
thedistantfuture

by lixxx » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:56 pm

you are literally the luckiest and awesomeness girl alive. this story is the best ever told in the history of all stories. !!! and you deserved it so much.
lixxx
Banana Balls

by Katie » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:05 pm

lixxx wrote:you are literally the luckiest and awesomeness girl alive. this story is the best ever told in the history of all stories. !!! and you deserved it so much.

Ditto tha-at. :D
Katie
Totally Fine

by hellomyfriend » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:55 pm

*sigh*
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

by thedistantfuture » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:29 pm

& I think that picture I took of shepy Bret & Jemaine is famous now,Irene. Thanks to you :P It's like one of my most viewed pictures on Flickr and I just put it up the other day. Crazyness.
thedistantfuture

by chickenkarma » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:31 pm

You guys are all soooo super nice! ^_^ hugs and highfives all around! =DDD

I'm happy to be apart of the FOTCMB ^^

Thanks for EVERYTHING!!!!! :D
chickenkarma

by chickenkarma » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:32 pm

thedistantfuture wrote:& I think that picture I took of shepy Bret & Jemaine is famous now,Irene. Thanks to you :P It's like one of my most viewed pictures on Flickr and I just put it up the other day. Crazyness.

really??
how do you know?
thats INSANE O_O
chickenkarma

by thedistantfuture » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:56 pm

chickenkarma wrote:
thedistantfuture wrote:& I think that picture I took of shepy Bret & Jemaine is famous now,Irene. Thanks to you :P It's like one of my most viewed pictures on Flickr and I just put it up the other day. Crazyness.

really??
how do you know?
thats INSANE O_O

It's been viewed 100 times already I'm like WTF i put it up a couple days ago. Maybe 'cause it's so awesome. haha
thedistantfuture

by chickenkarma » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:14 pm

thedistantfuture wrote:
chickenkarma wrote:

really??
how do you know?
thats INSANE O_O

It's been viewed 100 times already I'm like WTF i put it up a couple days ago. Maybe 'cause it's so awesome. haha

LMAO thats pretty rad LAWL
chickenkarma

by caiknbake » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:50 am

hehe irene the only part of the story you forgot was when you came back into the theater and told all us flighties in the first two rows your story and we FLIPPED THE 'UCK OUT! i am soooooo happy for you! hooray! *hugs*
ImageImage
caiknbake
PANTIES ON

by boomqueen » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:35 am

So Cool....must have been really awkward but soooo worth it! lol

I'm glad they got the gifts because they are super adorable!
boomqueen
You don't have to be a prostitute

by chickenkarma » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:49 pm

*boom-queen* wrote:So Cool....must have been really awkward but soooo worth it! lol

I'm glad they got the gifts because they are super adorable!

It was more embarassing than awkward. Had I stayed there a bit longer it probably would have turned awkward. LOL
only because the gifts were all I had with me. If I had had my bag I would have then had something to sign and blah blah blah, but it didn't matter anyway because like I said it was very brief :D

the way I see it, I kind of compare it to when a little kid makes a drawing for someone that they really love but don't know that well or don't see as much and the parent will tell the kid "go on, don't be shy. Show them your drawing :)"

okay thats how it felt.
I was the child and Flanny was my parent LAWL

so the situation was making me all hot faced and blushy but It wasn't really too awkward because it was fast and I was only there for one reason which was to give the guys their presents.
chickenkarma

Next

Return to I'm With The Band