Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

la meet and greet, caiknbake style

Have you ever met the Conchords? Share your stories here.

by caiknbake » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:48 am

i posted my pre-concert and mid-concert story in the la show thread....so here's the low-down on the post concert shenanigans:

so then afterwards we had to meet up outside, because no one was sitting with anyone else. but i found chrissy, angela, ines, roxy and her friend, and leti and her mom and we took some pics with the marquee and then headed back to wait for the guys. i think we probably only waited about twenty minutes, it seemed REALLY fast. when they came down the alleyway, the crowd like crushed forward, and that made me recoil just a little...i wanted to hang back and not get caught in the crush. but omg when i saw jemaine standing there, flesh and blood, real life, i felt like my heart skipped a beat or two. i think i mentally (or at least verbally) regressed back to about age five, despite the fact that chrissy assures me i sounded okay with them. anyway, so we waited and SQUEEEED our asses off while people got pics and sigs and the crowd thinned a bit....bret was kind of staying where they had come out and letting people come to him, but jemaine was walking out of the crowd (and incidentally in our direction). ines had gone up with the crowd to see bret, so i was standing w/ chrissy, angela and roxy, and leti was nearby as well (as was irene, apparantly, though we didn't know! dang it!). i think as jemaine got closer he spotted roxy's puppets, and approached her. he ABSOLUTELY LOVED the puppet, which made me super happy :) haha and he started to go to sign it, and then he was like, "oh wait, if this is for me then i don't have to sign it....maybe i should make it out to myself." and we were all sort of standing around and we laughed. so she got pics and signatures, and then since we were standing right there and laughing along with what he had just said, i thought he would come up to us next, but he turned the other way! and i was already feeling like a tongue-tied idiot and my heart was racing, and i didn't know what to do! and it was weird, because a couple times while he was signing other people's stuff or taking pics or whatever he caught my eye (!!!!!!) and every time i thought, "okay, he'll come to us next" but then he'd turn away again! so chrissy took charge finally and was like, "jemaine!" [he turned] "caitlin has a present for you!" OMG i was freaking out when he came up to me because he's so beautiful it's like too good to be true. so i gave him my gift and tried to explain it (i'll post pics of it and an explanation in the fan art thread later), and i honestly don't remember what i said or if it made any sense (again, i'm relying on chrissy here, who tells me i did okay), and it's funny, because i didn't get the impression that he liked it all that much (after getting roxy's robots it would take a lot to impress me, too), but from that picture where he's looking at it and smiling it really does look like he likes it, so that makes me happy :D (also fallon, thanks for noticing that! i'm glad you think so too :D) so then i asked if he would sign my cd case, and he was like, "yih, of course" and took it and just signed his name. haha so this is where i got greedy and i was like, "oh, would you be willing to write my name too?" and i think he kinda laughed and was like yeah sure. so i spelled it for him as he wrote it, and then he thought for a second and wrote "kiss kiss and hug," and then he moved as if to give it back, thought for another second, and then added "dear" before my name. SO SWEET!!!! then i got my pic with him, then the flighty shoutout pic...haha when i was telling him it was for my friends who went to their shows but were't able to meet them he was like, "oh no, you're making me feel guilty!" and i was like "oh no don't feel guilty!" i thought it was sweet that he was so thoughtful, though...and btw i didn't even think to ask him to sign the poster, he just did, and i was like, "oh yeah, that's not what i meant but that's a great idea!" hahaha so after he signed it, he posed for the pic looking totally stonefaced, and then he was like, "oh...maybe i should look more friendly, let's take another." and he made kind of a strange face and chrissy was like "that's your friendly face?" and he chuckled and he was like, "yeah!" then i took a pic of him and chrissy as well. i can't even remember if at any point i thanked him for any of that or told him the show was good or anything, so i'm a little pissed at myself for that, but that's overshadowed by all the other goodness :)

and then it was on to bret! he seemed like he was more approaching people rather than waiting for people to approach him, like jemaine was. so when i got close and made eye contact, he was just like "hi!" and so then i told him i had a gift for him and gave it to him (i think i did a much better job of explaining it to him than i did with jemaine, but who knows???). and he seemed to really like it! he said he would put it on his fridge when he got home :D then i asked if he would sign my cd case, and he was like "sure!" so he wrote, "hey caitlin, thanks for all the support. jemaine loves you. -bret" omg i was absolutely tickled that he wrote "jemaine loves you" !!!!! and without any prompting from me, either....maybe my slightly more coherent sentence structure clued him into the fact that i'm a jemainiac, LOL. but again i got greedy!!! haha so i was like, "oh, i really love your guitar drawings! could you draw a guitar for me too?" and he was like, "oh yeah, sure!" and then he talked about how for the next tour he was gonna have to come up with a new picture, and he said he might do a robot next time :D so then i got a pic of him with the flighty poster, then a pic with me, and i was gonna be done, but he was like, "oh wait! we didn't get your gift in the picture, we have to take another one." SO FREAKING SWEET! oh and then it was really sad, as he was walking away from me, he kinda muttered to himself, "man, i'm so tired i feel like i'm gonna pass out..." that made me sad :( but all the more grateful that he came out and said hi to us anyway. what a great heart that guy has :)

so then chrissy and i had all our stuff taken care of...if i remember correctly, ines and angela were still getting stuff signed or waiting to get it signed....honestly it's a bit of a blur, but what i remember is that after we talked to bret, we were standing around, and then jemaine was next to us again, and not really talking to anyone....so nerd that i am, i blurted out, "can i have a hug?" and he smiled was like, "yeah, sure." and we hugged...mmmm. it wasn't as cuddly a hug as i think some others have gotten, because he had an armful of presents in his left arm, but nonetheless it was absolutely loverly :D haha and then there was an awkward moment where we were just standing there again, and chrissy broke the tension by asking about the murse! lol i was laughing so hard! and whoever else was standing there was laughing too (i can't remember who it was, sorry!) jemaine was like "what?" haha he was totally confused that we would be asking about what he carries around. i think at first he thought she was asking what's in there now, because he was like, "oh, just some presents for some people who helped out with the show, and a notebook, and my shaving cream, 'cause i had a shave earlier..." the presents and the shaving cream were sticking out, i think you can see them in the pics. so then chrissy was like, "oh okay, but is that what you always carry? what you you usually have in there?" and he was like, "i dunno, depends.....well, not DEPENDS" and OMG i cracked up so hard when he said that! but chrissy came right back with, "oh yeah, those come in handy for those long bus rides, right?" it was totally great, i was cracking up.

soon after this, the security guards announced that the guys were leaving...there were still a lot of people standing around, but i think it was mostly just people loitering, i think they got pics with everyone who wanted them :D and then we took some flighty pics, got into the car, i called jess and ami and we went SQUEE SQUEE SQUEEEEEEEEE all the way home!!!!!
ImageImage
caiknbake
PANTIES ON

by Amily » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:28 am

Caitlin! I know I heard the story already but I loved reading this!! I'm eating it up lol

I'm so happy that everything worked out so well for you guys. YAY!
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by ines » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:45 am

it was moi standing there with you when we discussed what was in the MURSE. And I asked Jemaine if I can take a picture of the contents, and he said "uh, no" and we all laughed. 'Member, you 'member? Anyway, since i was following Bret like this incredible groupie stalker i was there with you when he said he was feeling like he was going to "pass out".
I love this, talking about feeding my monster ;D

I will never forget this night.
ines
The day time of the night

by caiknbake » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:34 pm

ines wrote:it was moi standing there with you when we discussed what was in the MURSE. And I asked Jemaine if I can take a picture of the contents, and he said "uh, no" and we all laughed. 'Member, you 'member?

LMFAO yes! that was so funny....but chrissy got pics anyway while he wasn't paying attention lol :D
ImageImage
caiknbake
PANTIES ON

by ohjeez » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:31 pm

thanks for sharing!

- awww jemaine is too cute. that was so nice of him to sign the sign! "when i was telling him it was for my friends who went to their shows but were't able to meet them he was like, "oh no, you're making me feel guilty!" and i was like "oh no don't feel guilty!" i thought it was sweet that he was so thoughtful, though" GAH! I LOVE HIM. i don't want him to feel guilty! but yes, he is so thoughtful!

- poor bret....good think you guys were there to catch him in case he passed out though. ;) i love that he cares so much about making sure each fan has the best pictures. ;D

- i want to hear more about your gift to them! and roxy's puppets!

- LOLZ @ depends...i totally would of snorted if heard that coming out of jemaine's mouth and then would of felt like an idiot...but good thing he caught it. haha!

- i love that the murse question broke the tension! i really wanted to ask him that in sf but of course was never able to. i'm glad we sort of solved the mystery! haha...did you guys really use the word "murse"? ;D
ohjeez
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by ladytronzapatista » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:27 pm

I could tell by the look on his face that he loved your gift, Caitlin!

Awe, this story warms my heart like no other. :)
ladytronzapatista
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by sharona65 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:14 pm

this whole story makes me soooo happy!!! what a super awesome wonderful squeeeeeearific night y'all had!!!! yay!!!!! ;D

and i can't help but say that this is one of my favorite parts of your story!!....

caiknbake wrote:and then he talked about how for the next tour he was gonna have to come up with a new picture, and he said he might do a robot next time

for realz!! there needs to be a HUGE flighty gathering for this event!!!!! :D
sharona65

by step0nmi » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:39 pm

OMG! WHY did I not see this!? duh! anyway...I think you sound totally cute...and yet...I am jealous because you got a hug! :( LOL...it was all cold for ours so everyone was in a hurry! UGH!

anyway..this is totally cool! I am so glad you wrote it and thank you for sharing! ;D
step0nmi

by severine999 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:26 pm

Today marks two weeks since this night, and I still don't think I've fully recovered. That was one of the best nights of my life. The theater, the show, meeting the guys and last but never least, sharing that wonderful evening with some fantastic ladies. Here's to you Caitlin, Ines, Chrissy and Roxy!!!! Love to you all, and thank you.

Angela
severine999

by ines » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:39 pm

severine999 wrote:Today marks two weeks since this night, and I still don't think I've fully recovered. That was one of the best nights of my life. The theater, the show, meeting the guys and last but never least, sharing that wonderful evening with some fantastic ladies. Here's to you Caitlin, Ines, Chrissy and Roxy!!!! Love to you all, and thank you.

Angela

Nothing seems to top that night for me either :-*
ines

by chrissycubana » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:04 pm

I DID use the word "murse" when I asked Jemaine about its contents, and he knew EXACTLY what I was talking about!!! I still can't believe we met the guys! And I'm so happy we all met each other in real life!!! I am still haunted by Jemaine's frightened look when I went for a hug... and i miss hearing his giggle all around me... sigh. ;)

"If there's one thing I can't stand, it's plagiarism."

"Suddenly, playing with yourself is a scholarly pursuit."
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

by paranoidandroid » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:15 pm

severine999 wrote:Today marks two weeks since this night, and I still don't think I've fully recovered. That was one of the best nights of my life. The theater, the show, meeting the guys and last but never least, sharing that wonderful evening with some fantastic ladies. Here's to you Caitlin, Ines, Chrissy and Roxy!!!! Love to you all, and thank you.

Angela

You didn't have to say that :P

I swear I'll post my bit...as soon as I stop being lazy...
paranoidandroid
Beneath a willow tree

by earthintruder » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:25 pm

Ahh... I want a hug from them! That's so cool!
earthintruder

Return to I'm With The Band