Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

My DC Experience!

Have you ever met the Conchords? Share your stories here.

by kvanvalk » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:03 am

Here's another one of Paul with Bret. Not as good as the one with Jemaine I'm afriad. ;)

[image]

I also love Bret's sweet "deer in the headlights" face.

And here's a crowd of us following him - as he insisted we move to an area with better light for our photos. Jemaine stayed in the dark, haha.

[image]
kvanvalk
Beneath a willow tree

by SheWolf » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:07 am

Great pics. Jemaine looks enormous, which is a good thing, of course. ;) And I like that blue jacket too.
SheWolf
Let's boom the boom

by ines » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:57 am

i love that Bret was concerned about how everyones pictures would turn out. I can't say enough good things about this man.
ines
The day time of the night

by SheWolf » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:35 pm

ines wrote:i love that Bret was concerned about how everyones pictures would turn out. I can't say enough good things about this man.

I know. I defy anyone who has met him not to be smitten. He's such a doll with a really warm way about him. He was beyond sweet the way he talked to me and directed me to stand next to him for the pic (I had temporarily lost my mind & needed a little help). And the grip he had on my waist was pretty intense. :o

My loins belong to Jemaine but my heart now holds a small, smushy place for Bret.
SheWolf
Let's boom the boom

by alexandriaj22 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:31 pm

aw that smile!
you're adorable too m'dear
and phoar hey thar, kelly's friend.
alexandriaj22
Ah, Gerard Depardieu

by caiknbake » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:23 pm

i know i'm totally late to this gravy train, but i wanted to echo everyone else and say thanks for the pics, kelly! it looks like you and your friend had a great time...and it's awesome that you got to see two shows! i'm curious what you told bret when he asked you how they compared :)
ImageImage
caiknbake
PANTIES ON

by kvanvalk » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:13 pm

It was truly a memorable evening :D

Well, at the first show they didn't play around hardly at all; no sitting on the edge of the stage, etc. Bret did jump into the audience during "Freaky" but he didn't get in anyone's lap. When they first came out, Bret was like "Woah, we don't ever play theaters this big" (the Tower seats about 2,800). You could just tell they were kinda nervous and looking at each other for reassurance a lot.

Anyways, enough rambling.

In my nervous "I can't come up with intelligent words because you are Bret McKenzie and you have the most gorgeous eyes known to man" speak I was like "well you seemed a lot less nervous tonight, you know, like, playing around more with the stage and the audience, I see a big difference." And he said "yes, we are a lot more comfortable." And I told him that I liked his haircut, etc. And he said "Oh yeah! I had that huge beard!" etc.

Ok that was probably more than you wanted to know. hehe 8-)
kvanvalk
Beneath a willow tree

by cecilia » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:02 am

Kelly!! what beautiful photos. you are sooooo lucky to have met the beautiful bret and jemaine xx
cecilia
Turning white clouds grey

by rokkers » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:58 am

kelly vv wrote:From the Philadelphia show during "I'm Not Crying"
Jemaine: "You know, let me see that picture, I could probably be manlier than that."

[image]

He was right.. haha. But Still, a beautiful shot. Not that that's what Jemaine was going for..
rokkers
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by earthintruder » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:42 pm

Bret looks really sweet in your picture. I like his haircut, it looks better on him. And I love Jemaine's jacket, too! It's so cool.
earthintruder
The day time of the night

Previous

Return to I'm With The Band