Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

Wow, another Columbus story :)

Have you ever met the Conchords? Share your stories here.

by mandabear47 » Mon May 19, 2008 3:22 pm

Here's my photobucket URL to my Columbus pics. I have more that I'll hopefully get up soon!

http://photobucket.com/mandabear47

Hope that works! :P
mandabear47
I'm making a lasagne... for one

by Katie » Mon May 19, 2008 3:29 pm

Yep, it worked! I remember seeing you! And your shirt was awesome, no wonder Jemaine noticed. I get the feeling he particularly loves the erudite brainy ladies! :D
Katie
Totally Fine

by ines » Mon May 19, 2008 3:32 pm

mandabear47 wrote:Here's my photobucket URL to my Columbus pics. I have more that I'll hopefully get up soon!

ah Mandabear thanks for sharing. I just dig all that is Bretty!

by the way you look like Baby Spice and Michelle Williams :)
ines
The day time of the night

by Amily » Mon May 19, 2008 3:44 pm

Love the pics Manda... thanks for sharing lucky lady! ;D
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by mandabear47 » Mon May 19, 2008 4:15 pm

Katie wrote:Yep, it worked! I remember seeing you! And your shirt was awesome, no wonder Jemaine noticed. I get the feeling he particularly loves the erudite brainy ladies! :D

Aww thanks! I think my heart skipped a beat just thinking about it :o Yeah I figured I'd represent myself accurately. I'm no model or miss popular or anything, I've always been the brain of the group :). Jemaine actually said, "Ah yeah, it's you!" I must've had a confused look on my face because he kind of stuttered and said "I saw you up towards the front, I noticed your shirt, I like your shirt." I think I managed a, "Thanks, I made it!" *I'm such a dork hehe* He said, "Yeah I noticed you" at which point I think I put my hands over my heart and said, "awww reeeeeally??" in what was probably a voice so high-pitched that only dogs can hear it, haha. I must've looked so ridiculous!
mandabear47

by mandabear47 » Mon May 19, 2008 4:20 pm

ines wrote:
mandabear47 wrote:Here's my photobucket URL to my Columbus pics. I have more that I'll hopefully get up soon!

ah Mandabear thanks for sharing. I just dig all that is Bretty!

by the way you look like Baby Spice and Michelle Williams :)

Thanks Ines! I used to be called 'Jen from Dawson's Creek' in high school and college so I'm used to that, hehe. Bretty was in rare form that night, he was cursing up a storm and I just loved it because he looks like such a sweet, baby faced angel and to hear the words come out of his mouth is that much more funny :) He was really animated and telling stories and such too. He insisted that we take multiple pictures and made a big deal about signing my shirt with a 'X' below his name since it was too hard to write on, haha. I'm an admitted Jemaine addict, but Bret definitely pulled even in my book, he was so sweet.
mandabear47

by chickenkarma » Tue May 20, 2008 11:49 pm

scan those pictures and lets see them =D
You had such a great experience... I hope mine goes just as well >_< i am sooo NERVOUS!
chickenkarma
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by caiknbake » Wed May 21, 2008 4:30 am

mandabear47 wrote:Jemaine actually said, "Ah yeah, it's you!" I must've had a confused look on my face because he kind of stuttered and said "I saw you up towards the front, I noticed your shirt, I like your shirt." I think I managed a, "Thanks, I made it!" *I'm such a dork hehe* He said, "Yeah I noticed you" at which point I think I put my hands over my heart and said, "awww reeeeeally??" in what was probably a voice so high-pitched that only dogs can hear it, haha. I must've looked so ridiculous!

oh my god!!!!! that is THE COOLEST THING EVER. i'm so happy for you, and so totally jealous! lol
ImageImage
caiknbake
PANTIES ON

by mandabear47 » Wed May 21, 2008 4:44 pm

Thanks caiknbake! I'm still recovering from his comment, haha. :) I just wish I would have stayed in the moment a little more and not been so ridiculously worried about taking up too much of his time. Darn me for being considerate! ;D

It was awesome, though, and everyone waiting got their chance to meet the boys, of which I'm glad. Oh and since I stayed back a little and waited towards the end of the line (when he 'posed' the gangster picture for the one remaining on my roll, hehehe) I got a pretty great hug out of the deal...so what more could a girl ask for?? I feel blessed and I hope that every true Flight fan will get the same experience! We're a great group of people!
mandabear47

by mistysquarepants » Fri May 23, 2008 3:02 pm

awww i loved your story.. lucky girl jemaine recognized you!!
mistysquarepants

by cecilia » Sat May 24, 2008 9:10 am

Wow manda, bret's head is pretty close to your lady lumps there xx
cecilia
Turning white clouds grey

by mistysquarepants » Mon May 26, 2008 3:39 pm

hahaha her lovely lady lumps...
mistysquarepants

by mandabear47 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:50 pm

cecilia wrote:Wow manda, bret's head is pretty close to your lady lumps there xx

Hahahaha, I didn't think about that, but you're right! :o

Though it isn't easy to avoid them, hehe. I literally LOLed with that one. Nice.
mandabear47

by mandabear47 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:54 pm

dangerous person™ wrote:awww i loved your story.. lucky girl jemaine recognized you!!

Eeeeeee I know! I'm still not totally over that ;D And he stuttered...it was adorable! Well I have the one empty seat caddycorner in front of me to thank, it makes for a good line of sight.
mandabear47

Previous

Return to I'm With The Band