Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

Another Columbus story!

Have you ever met the Conchords? Share your stories here.

by Amily » Sat May 17, 2008 11:23 pm

OMG!! The stories just keep getting better and better.. Thank you SO much for sharing your story and pics with us Katie!! You have no idea how much us Flighties from so far away appreciate it... we live our dreams through the more fortunate lol

I am absolutely in love with both of your encounters... the guys are soooo nice and sweet (like I've said a few times now)... the pictures are both amazing and I'm so happy for you!!

BTW, I'd also like to officially welcome you to the board.. please don't be shy... we love making new friends and please feel free to post whatever you want whenever you want. Also, don't be shy to ask for help if you need anything.. all the staff members here love to help a Flighty out. :D
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by boomqueen » Sat May 17, 2008 11:27 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I love the pics and I love the stories! The Jemaine story is so good! He seemed really friendly and not so shy...sometimes he acts really shy other times not at all...its weird
boomqueen
You don't have to be a prostitute

by Katie » Sat May 17, 2008 11:29 pm

Thanks Amily! Judging by the volume of my posts tonight, it looks like I'm coming out of my shell a bit! :) I love reading everyone else's stories too. The joy is contagious. I just posted some photos from the show on the main Columbus thread. Now I'm dragging myself to bed!

Or maybe not. I can't go to bed when you guys are replying with such nice things to say! I love it that you guys like the photos and stories.

Jess, in response to what you said about Jemaine sometimes being shy: to me he still seemed pretty reserved, except when it came time for the photo! lol He spoke really quietly and wasn't super outgoing. But obviously he was still really sweet to us. But on stage he was crazy! Like, as animated as I've ever seen him. It's so funny how much of a difference there is!
Katie
Totally Fine

by Amily » Sat May 17, 2008 11:31 pm

Hehe yis go to bid!!!

Oh and if it helps... boom-queen (Jess), talkingstove (deanna) and I will be driving 19 hours from Canada to see them in July... so you're not the only crazy one. :P

Have a good night... looking forward to getting to know you.
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by step0nmi » Sun May 18, 2008 10:01 am

oh wow! another story! sooo cool! i like your version too! it's cool! and the photo of you and Jemaine IS funny! kind of does look like he is trying to push the camera man away from your photo in haste! LOL
and Bret was sooo sweet to take another photo with you...and yes, he does look like a deer in headlights in MY photos! LOL

I don't blame you for buying tix! ;) (please get some sleep, you sound worse than I did!lol)
step0nmi

by Amily » Sun May 18, 2008 10:49 am

Hahaha Bret looks like a deer in headlights in more than a few of the recent photos I've seen... it's doe eyes I tell ya...... ;)
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by severine999 » Sun May 18, 2008 12:40 pm

Thanks for posting this, katie! I love Jem's 'angry' face! And I can't believe Bret was so concerned about your getting a good photo. Oh, wait, I can believe it. Love these guys!!!
severine999

by Katie » Sun May 18, 2008 2:04 pm

Haha Rachel, wouldn't that be nice! Believe me, if I had known that was what he was doing, I would have played along! :)
Katie
Totally Fine

by carolbrown » Sun May 18, 2008 3:36 pm

What kills me is the work they put into meeting their fans! I mean, they not only take the time to meet everyone, but they go out of their way to make each and every encounter special! Who else does that? NOBODY else out there does that! It's like they want every fan to walk away with the feeling that they're really appreciated. Incredible.

BTW, I'm a serious Jemaniac, but that bit about Bret being so sweet and asking if you wanted to try another picture...wow.

carolbrown
Lost but happy at sea

by SheWolf » Mon May 19, 2008 10:52 am

Thanks so much for your story Katie. I love the pic of Bret hugging you.

When I met them (twice at the beginning of the tour) I kind of felt bad taking up too much of their time so I think I kind of rushed through everything when I didn't need to because they have no problem lingering with fans. It was over with before I knew it and I couldn't remember the details of much of what was said. I do remember that I called Jemaine by his name a few times and that I was clutching the back of his jacket - it was balled up in my hand - without me even realize it - ahhhhh good times!

Just wanted to add that I too am a Jemainiac but both times I met them the Bret charm was strong and undeniable. Jemaine did seem a tad reserved by comparison, perhaps shy, my friend read him as being somewhat aloof but I don't think that's right. He was perfectly sweet and nice and funny, he just wasn't as overtly outgoing as Bret.
SheWolf
Let's boom the boom

by caiknbake » Wed May 21, 2008 4:21 am

yay! another wonderful story to add to our growing trove ;D i especially love the photos with both of them (bret posing for a second without you asking and jemaine's tabloid pose, lol). i'm super happy for you, katie :D

SO CAN'T WAIT FOR MY TURN!!!
ImageImage
caiknbake
PANTIES ON

by rokkers » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:18 am

Haha. I think if I ever meet Jemaine I'll be asking for a photo that loos like we'd just been caught having an intimate moment.
Though the whole being married thing could work against me.

What a great story. I know I'm late to the thread, but hey.. I'm allowed?
rokkers
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by earthintruder » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:09 pm

Yeah, him being a married man... That could pose some issues.

I'd probably giggle at everything they said, stammer like a mental patient, and have tears in my eyes the whole time.

I don't do well around people I admire... I saw a local band in Athens a couple of months before I moved here, while on a trip to enroll in the Georgia Institute of Cosmetology, my current school. They were called Tin Cup Prophette, and I'd bought their album the previous summer and fallen in love with it. So my mom and I went to the show and sat on the ground, and it was awesome. I ran into the lead singer, Amanda, and said some weird combination of "Great show" and "I love your album". I think it came out like, "Great al- I mean show... Uh... Both... Awesome. You guys are great." I left feeling very much like a spaz.

It was all made worse by me bumping into a guy that looked like Nick Cave, staring at him for a second, and then running into him at the next show I saw right down the street. After that show, a band called the Psychic Hearts, I asked him if I could take a picture of him and introduced myself. He was very sweet about it... I wish I could talk to him again, he was nice.

That wasn't really Conchords-related. Just talking about what a spaz I am. But you'll all come to know that... won't you?
earthintruder
The day time of the night

by hellomyfriend » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:54 pm

earthintruder wrote:... I ran into the lead singer, Amanda, and said some weird combination of "Great show" and "I love your album". I think it came out like, "Great al- I mean show... Uh... Both... Awesome. You guys are great."

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! ;D That's cute!
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

by earthintruder » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:05 pm

Well, even though she isn't famous (not really, but I saw a review of "Liar and the Thief" in a major magazine once), I really respect her and admire her. I wish I had a tenth the musical talent she has... I spent seven years of my life trying to play the guitar, and eventually, I realized, "I can't do this." Seven years and all I have to show for it is a few bits and pieces of songs.

So I respect the Hell out of Amanda Kapzousz. In that one show, she played guitar, violin, piano, xylophone, and keyboards. She did a lot of looping, but in order to sound like the album, there would have to be, like, twelve people onstage instead of just three.
earthintruder
The day time of the night

Previous

Return to I'm With The Band