Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

met the guys in columbus!

Have you ever met the Conchords? Share your stories here.

by maile » Sat May 17, 2008 10:45 am

Ok soo we got there around 640, I had to pee really bad! Lol so as soon as we got there we walked around the arena and didn’t see their tour bus or anything, so I got kinda anxious cause I wanted to know for sure where they were coming out. But I was like its ok we’ll just find the crowd after the show. So, we went in and they finally let us in at like 703. It was freakin hot in the little room they had us waiting in, it was really sunny and it was just all windows.

So anyway, we got to our seats and I was freaking out cause I couldn’t believe how freaking close we were!! There was this really annoying girl in front of us who was really excited, and I don’t blame her I was excited too, but she kept blocking my vision. The show wasn’t sold out, the upper levels weren’t full but im pretty sure the ground was, except for the seat in front of me no one ever took.

So all of a sudden the lights go out and everyone cheers. Jemaine’s voice comes on and everyone starts yelling nd I yelled I love you, because im an idiot lol it was just a recording. So he’s just introducing heather lawless, rain from the new fans episode. I was kinda disappointed, the original opener was aziz ansari, the fruit stand guy. She was only up there for 15 minutes. She was ok, nothing hilarious or anything. She mostly talked about pubic hair, orgasms, and making faces in the mirror. She said a couple funny things. And then she leaves and the guys come out!! They both were looking really good. They’re just bantering a little bit “hi… we’re uh… a band… flight of the conchords…” and then they start playing boom! I couldn’t believe it! Cause I had been telling pat and dave (the two guys I went with) about how they haven’t been playing boom so don’t get your hopes up, and then they freakin play it first!!! It was really good, and they even got up and did the dancing (got pics!! Jemaine did the snake hips!!!)

I don’t remember the set list, but basically they played all their songs except Frodo, a kiss is not a contract, bus driver’s song and one other one. The encore was fouxdufafa, something else, something else, lol I don’t remember but they ended with angels. They played their new songs too, they were awesome!! Also during the show the crowd was so freakin obnoxious! I wanted to kill them all. They kept yelling at everyone “hush” “shhhhhh” “shutup” throughout the whole show. And then there was a small ‘lull’ as they were deciding on the next song, and then this group of girls in the upper level are yelling ALBI!!! And obviously they were ignoring them, but then they kept doing it so jemaine starts playing it and bret looks at him and jemaine’s got a huge grin on his face. So then they play that and then afterwards they’re thinking about the next song. People in the crowd are yelling and brets like hey hey hey, just because we did it that time doesn’t mean the rest of the show’s gonna go like that. Hahaha. And then jemaine started to play freebird hahaha. And then I forgot which song it was but when they got the git board out (hahahaha some guy in the audience was like “IT’S A GIT BOARD” and then jemaine copied it EXACTLY it was so freakin funny. Hes like “ya hear that bret, it’s a git board!” and brets just like “yeah.. thank you.. thank you jemaine” and in that song bret jumped into the crowd and ran around! I didn’t get good ones when he was closer to us but I have pics when he was about to jump off and when he got back to the stage haha. And yes he started to play my my my my my sharroonnaa! The guys were GREAT, I can’t remember all the highlights but it was awesome, better than one night stand which is saying a lot for me! Lol

So onto post-show!! As soon as the show ended I was telling pat and dave that we needed to haul ass cause I don’t want anyone to see us looking for the band! So we get out and that’s when I texted sin, but when we got out pat said that he heard ‘everyone’ say “lets go lets go meet them!” well apparently he was full of shii cause when we finally did meet them there were only 39 people- yes I counted. there were more, but they left after about 15 mins. We waited for an hour. When we first got out we searched around the arena and didn’t find anything we thought was “it”, so we found a security guard who seemed nice and he said he didn’t know of any type of organized thing like that. I was like well its not really organized, they just come outside and hes like well check the loading docks. So we go there, which is basically the main entrance, and theres two girls already waiting. So we go there and then out of nowhere a shii tone of people are down there! Then this dickhead security guard woman comes out and all she says is “you need to get back” pshh she made us go all the way back to the top! She could’ve just said go up the stairs. So when we’re all out of there, their black suv backs into like a garage type thing. And then a pizza guy delivers. Haha what dicks! Just kidding. When we were waiting I met the hair helmet guy, he was pretty cool. I can’t remember if he met them or not, cause id think if he did they would’ve LOVED it. So I see people coming out and I realize I’m familiar with their forms and im like IS THAT THEM?!?!?!! So we started walking fast over there and then I was like no no, I wanna be last!! So I try to inch towards the back but freakin DAVE kept moving towards the front. I was so angry lol but I kept saying how I really thought I was gonna puke, cause jemaine was right in front of dave who was next to me, and I was like omg, guys I don’t know if I can do this!! I had such bad butterflies in my stomach. And then out of nowhere bret just mosies on over to us lol! He’s like “HEY GUYS!: and we were like hey bret!” and I don’t remember how we transitioned into everything but pat had a flying guitar on his nametag thing and bret looks closer and hes like “shii, man that’s really good!” and he was like yeah I’ve seen how you’ve been drawing them so I thought I’d make my own version and hes like shii it’s better than mine! And then he gets to me and I was like hey bret! My names maile I’m a flighty! (he did like a little.. ha… when I told both of them they couldn’t give a rats ass! Haha oh well!) and I was like well I feel like a dork cause I got you guys a present.. and hes like OH COOL! And I was like its kind of a mini tea party, theres peppermint tea cause jemaine told me it’s his favorite, some snacks to go with it (hahaha I didn’t even know what it was, like hazelnut biscuits or something, I couldn’t find biscotti or anything!) and then I made you mugs! Well, painted them!” and then he takes it out of the bag but he grabbed jemaine’s mug and I was like “ok well that one’s jemaines…” and then he pulled out his and he was like “aw thank you so much, I can totally use this at my flat!” and then he starts to pretend drink it with this hilarious look on his face and hes like “isn’t that exactly what you need?” haha and hes like gee thank you so much I love it! And then he was asking us where we’re from and we’re like well nj but we’re going to school in Pittsburgh right now and hes like oh yeah what school? And pats like oh we all go to art school. And he’s like that sounds like so much fun! What are you guys going for? And pat told him that he and dave are there for animation and me graphic design. And then he starts talking about how they pasted their faces on the bodies in the ladies of the world video and was talking about how ridiculous it was and said the f word a bunch of times it was so funny! And then he was talking about how he met peter jackson’s animators and I don’t remember where that led to and hes like so is that the stuff you can do? And pat was like yup that’s exactly what we’ll be doing. And then pat told them how for one of their projects (don’t think I told you guys about this) they had to do a lip synch, where they had to 3d model their heads and then do a 15 sec lipsynch, and pat told him how they used cheer up murray, dave was bret pat was jemaine. And bret thought that was pretty cool I think. And then hes like “do you guys have a band?” and I was like no but we should!” and hes like YEAH! START AN ART SCHOOL BAND! So then he signs our stuff and does pics, lol I don’t look very happy in mine but that’s cause pat took forever to freakin take it! And then when bret was signing pats shirt there was a bit confusion on who he was signing it to hahaha (cause he was going to just write his name but pat thought he was writing pat it was funny) and then when bret went to draw the flying guitar under his name hes like “aw shii now look I didn’t leave enough room for the wings” and pat was like “well just do them on one side like in my drawing” and bret was like yeah man but I don’t wanna rip off you! And I was like well technically bret, pat ripped off you. And hes like “aw yeah! 'uck you man! Im drawing whatever I want! Even though yours is better” hahaha oh and when he was signing my under the radar mag he was like whats that song… love will keep us together? And he started singing it and snapping his fingers!! Hahaha it was like a mini show?

And then it was onto jemaine. Oh god I was so nervous just thinking about it I’m still nervous. he was just kinda standing there so pats like ”JEMAINE!” and he comes over and yeah he’s pretty tall but I dunno im used to it, hes as tall as pat! God he is so gorgeous in person!! And so he gets there and I was like hey im maile ima flighty! (no response) I actually got you guys a present! Explained it blab la and jemaine picked up bret’s mug haha and I was like ok that’s brets… and pats like hah a that’s funny you both picked up the other one’s. so then he gets his mug and he totally got this huge grin on his face I wish I got a pic of it! And he was like thank you… blab la bla. Don’t think he remembered me from myspace but oh well! And I cant remember what else we talked about when pat gets home he’ll have to help add to this story! So I gave him my cd to sign and hes like your name is maile (he said it right, bret didn’t) and I was like yup! “is that Hawaiian?” “yep!” “are you from Hawaii?” “yep!” HAHAHAHA I couldn’t talk!! LMAO I kept giving him such short answers but with bret I was talking away!! It was like I didn’t know how to respond to ANYTHING! And then when he took the pic with me he kept saying the most hilarious things but was like asking me these weird questions I DON’T REMEMBER WHAT THEY WERE! So I was freakin cracking up if you cant already tell from the picture!! And then pat and jemaines pic hahaha priceless!

And it was so cool though cause after each pic both bret and jemaine wanted to see how it came out! And after mine I wanted to make sure jemaine was smiling and pat saw it first and was like “oh jemaine shes gonna love you for that” so I go over and look and I was like “YES!” and did like the little arm move haha and then jemaine started making fun of me and was like “yiss! Yiss! Yiss!” HAHAHAHAHAHA and then he was signing dave’s shirt and he was like “oh awesome, I always know what to write for dave” and of course he wrote “youre a legend dave” and then he said something like I like you guys, you have easy names to remember.. pat… dave.. and I was like well yeah except mine and he looks at me STRAIGHT IN THE EYES “maile. No. I’ll remember that.” And just KEPT LOOKING IN MY EYES!!! I was like oh… o….k….. and he had a little smirk on his face! Hahahaha I love him. And then I asked for a hug and he was like of course!!

When I think of more stuff that happened ill post it! I still cant believe this all happened!!

For pics there were a lot so I posted them all on my photobucket: http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j1/oooshkie/

ps theres a video in there that i took by accident lol and then the security guards were yelling at me. so yeah and the pics are blurry but you can still get the gist of it. theres one thats really blurry but you can still see how funny it is- they were talking about how they can see each other on the screens so then bret lifted up his guitar as if he was gonna throw it ... youll know it when you see it!
maile
Lost but happy at sea

by maile » Sat May 17, 2008 11:29 am

oh and i also forgot - they were yelling at the crowd quite a bit, the crowd was so annoying and obnoxious. at one point jemaine said he was going to come after everyone, and then they started doing like star wars voices and bret was like 'if you want your families to survive... you will shutup" and then ppl were getting up a lot, and one girl got up in the first couple rows and jemaines like "where are you going?! what could you be doing?!" and she said something and he was like "oh, you'll be back. we'll wait then."

when i remember other random parts ill post them too lol
maile
Lost but happy at sea

by boomqueen » Sat May 17, 2008 11:59 am

So Awesome!! I love the mugs btw lol. Bret has a potty mouth? Looks like we're learning a lot more about our boys on this tour! lmao

I'm sooooo glad you shared with us Maile!! I love the pics of you guys with the guys!!
boomqueen
You don't have to be a prostitute

by ohjeez » Sat May 17, 2008 1:37 pm

omg i loved your pictures! SNAKEHIPSSSS!!! ugh dying right now.

sounds amazing. i'm glad you had an amazing time!
ohjeez
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by step0nmi » Sat May 17, 2008 2:10 pm

WOW! WOW! WOW! that sounds sooo amazing!!!

YOU GOT EYE-EFFED MAILE!!! LOL

what is up with them grabbing each other's mug...that was too crazy! I am soo glad they like it. and...yes, we are learning something new about the guys at EVERY stop! ;)

I am sooo happy for you maile!!! ;D
step0nmi

by ashattack » Sat May 17, 2008 2:44 pm

HOMGOD MAILE!!! The pictures are GREAT!! How in the world did you pull it off to get so many? Wasn't security breathing down your neck? Dang girl...these photo are so awesome!! I especially like the snake hips one and the one with Jem and your boyfriend because you can see Jem's midriff....ahhhh HOT!!!

I know one thing you forgot to leave out of your story...when you asked them about my presents!!! I want to be able to read it over and over again....haha, creepy. But I sill can't believe you did that for me!! Thank you so much...you are the best!! LOvE YOU!!
ashattack
Lost but happy at sea

by maile » Sat May 17, 2008 3:11 pm

Ashley Marie wrote:HOMGOD MAILE!!! The pictures are GREAT!! How in the world did you pull it off to get so many? Wasn't security breathing down your neck? Dang girl...these photo are so awesome!! I especially like the snake hips one and the one with Jem and your boyfriend because you can see Jem's midriff....ahhhh HOT!!!

I know one thing you forgot to leave out of your story...when you asked them about my presents!!! I want to be able to read it over and over again....haha, creepy. But I sill can't believe you did that for me!! Thank you so much...you are the best!! LOvE YOU!!

i took ami's advice and stuck it in my bra! when i tried it before we left it was sticking out big time but when we got there you couldnt see it at all. i probably wouldve been able to stick it in my purse though on the bottom, cause all they did was peek into your bags they didnt look through it or anything (thank god) haha and i felt like such a dork when they looked through the gift bag. i was like its a gift for the band... and people are looking at me crazy. but when we got in you could see people using flash EVERYWHERE i thought that was actually kinda rude, you dont need your flash to get a good pic. actually i tried it before they went on stage of just the chairs and when i used the flash it looked worse than without it! but security didnt give anyone any trouble once we had our cameras in there as long as you werent using flash and werent recording. i got yelled at once beccause he thought i was recording even though i wasnt, so i told him i wasnt, and he was like ok make sure you dont and i was like WTF IM NOT! i can see how he thought i was though, cause it was taking so damn long to focus!

soyes cant leave out ashley's dolls! lol while jemaine was signing pat's shirt i was like "do you remember the hiphopapotamus dolls?" and he was like "oh yeah, ash..." (i interrupted him a little sorry didnt mean to!!!) "ashley marie!" "YEAH! those were great, those were ohsome!" and i was like "yeah they freakin were!" and yeah! i forgot to ask bret but at least you know jemaine loves them and im sure bret does too!!
maile
Lost but happy at sea

by sharona65 » Sat May 17, 2008 3:15 pm

omg!! bret was wearing the hat again!!!! maile, may i snag some of your bret pics to make an ava or a banner?!.......or would you mind making one for me?!?!

i'm sooo happy for you!! and yet sooo jealous at the same time!!!! gah!!! great story girl!!!

ah my sweet bret!.....such puppy eyes, and such pouty lips, i just can't resist!!
sharona65

by maile » Sat May 17, 2008 3:18 pm

sharona65 wrote:omg!! bret was wearing the hat again!!!! maile, may i snag some of your bret pics to make an ava or a banner?!.......or would you mind making one for me?!?!

i'm sooo happy for you!! and yet sooo jealous at the same time!!!! gah!!! great story girl!!!

haha thanks!!!! thanks again for taking my updates throughout the night i hope i didnt run your cell bill up! and yes to whatever you want with the pics!!
maile
Lost but happy at sea

by sharona65 » Sat May 17, 2008 3:25 pm

my pleasure to take the updates maile!!! the only thing that will punch up the bill is the pic messages.....but i figure it's all worth it!!!.....and thanks a heap for your permission to use the pics!!
sharona65

by maile » Sat May 17, 2008 3:28 pm

just remembered another tidbit lol... when jemaine was signing pat's all he had gotten down was a line and he was going real slow and he was like i dont know what to write and pat's like you can write anything i dont care. tell me you love me, anything, you've got a line down you're off to a good start! and jemaine was like "aw, yis, im glad you appreciate the line since you're in art school and all " hahaha and then he also said something else about 'yis i've got markers its my job' or SOMETHING i dont remember and he said something about pat's good drawing and pat was like 'it's what i do, i draw" and for some reason jemaine thought that was funny, im pretty sure i missed out on that part
maile
Lost but happy at sea

by ines » Sat May 17, 2008 3:48 pm

omg Maile....it's like a dream! A dali painting of an experience!

i wuv you mai!
ines
The day time of the night

by kael03 » Sat May 17, 2008 4:25 pm

Ha! Great pics. I really like the one of Jemaine sticking his finger up! And I am sooo jealous you got such a big smile from him in your pic!!
kael03
Considering second-hand underpants

by chloe » Sat May 17, 2008 4:50 pm

Gugh. . .Snake hips. . *dies of jealousy. . but in a good way* :D
chloe
The Unf! Fairy

by boomqueen » Sat May 17, 2008 6:17 pm

OH MY GOD!!! That is like the best message any of us have ever gotten!! OMG! It wasn't even one tiny little sentence!! lol
boomqueen
You don't have to be a prostitute

Next

Return to I'm With The Band