Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

Getting Awkward in CHICAGO!

Have you ever met the Conchords? Share your stories here.

by ladytronzapatista » Thu May 15, 2008 12:47 am

Pics now, recap in a bit. I only have three with my little digi because my fancy-pants professional photographer friend conveniently showed up after I had finished talking to Jem. As soon as Brian uploads the rest, you'll be the first to know. :)

[image]

I'm surprised I didn't pull out the finger guns....

[image]

My face looks like it's about to pop. wtf.

[image]

I...had to do it. Yes, I'm depraved.
ladytronzapatista
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by boomqueen » Thu May 15, 2008 12:50 am

AWWW YAY!! Hey...even when you are drunk you're a cutie!!
boomqueen
You don't have to be a prostitute

by ashattack » Thu May 15, 2008 12:50 am

AHHHHHH JEMAINES BUM!!!!!!!!!!

asdfjwowoitudaglkeoiuadsfnqreroioihehegqejongqeorogh!!!!!!

I CANT BELIEVE YOU GOT A PICTURE OF JEMAINES BOOTAY!!!!! JEALOUS!!!
ashattack
Lost but happy at sea

by chrissycubana » Thu May 15, 2008 12:51 am

ROFLMAO!!!! what the hell is up with Jem's face in these pics!!?!?!?!? hahahahahah!!!

LOVE THE BUTT SHOT!!! great job fallon! I knew you'd pull through for us all!! :)

"If there's one thing I can't stand, it's plagiarism."

"Suddenly, playing with yourself is a scholarly pursuit."
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

by Amily » Thu May 15, 2008 12:52 am

OMGGGGGGGGG! Jem bum!!! Ahhhhhh Fallon have I ever told you how much I lurve you?!?!?!?! ahahahaha You are so cute btw... i think my face would popl if I was standing that close to Jemaine too! lol

Thanks for sharing! *muah*

PS
Nice face Jem's making in the first one..... ;D
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by ladytronzapatista » Thu May 15, 2008 12:57 am

Aw, thanks guys! Sin, Shags, and Brian actually encouraged me to take the ass shot. The fun thing is that no zoom was used in this so i was PRETTY DAMNED CLOSE to the promised land. Haha.

Brian's pics of Jem's ass are actually much more detailed, as in you can tell where his jeans crease...hahahahahaha
ladytronzapatista

by ohjeez » Thu May 15, 2008 1:01 am

nice pictures! haha i love jemaine's face in the first one!

LOLZZZZZZZZ IS THAT A POSTER OF SOMEONE'S PICTURE WITH JEMAINE?! HAHA
ohjeez

by chloe » Thu May 15, 2008 1:09 am

Fallon wrote:Aw, thanks guys! Sin, Shags, and Brian actually encouraged me to take the ass shot. The fun thing is that no zoom was used in this so i was PRETTY DAMNED CLOSE to the promised land. Haha.

Brian's pics of Jem's ass are actually much more detailed, as in you can tell where his jeans crease...hahahahahaha

The promised land. . *dies laughing* XD
I'd love to grab ahold of that, yissssssssss. . . Nice money shot, Fallon! ;D
chloe
The Unf! Fairy

by ladytronzapatista » Thu May 15, 2008 1:26 am

So yay yay, I got to meet the guys: Sin, Shags, Brian and I (that feels like a rhythmic repetition at this point, I think it belongs in a song...) went to go meet Arj in the Merch booth after the show; we all wanted to buy a copy of his CD, but he sold out by the time we got to us.

Sin handed Arj the Flighty shirt and he totally dug it. Sin asked if he would wear it, and Arj said something along the lines of "Oh yeah, I need shirts." I snapped a bunch of pics of it and I THINK i sent one to Jess, but my phone died around this point, so I don't think the send went through. :( This is where Shags handed his phone to Arj, where he got to speak briefly to Jess, and everyone squeed accordingly.

Once we got outside, it was kinda obscure on where the guys would come out; Brian had worked events before at the Chicago Theatre and said that tour buses and the like have an UNDERGROUND entrance. WTF. Nevertheless, there was a group of about 100-200 people standing in the alley adjacent to the theatre so we decided to try our luck there.

Around 30 minutes later, Bret came bolting out the door and gravitated toward the front of the line away from where the four of us were. Sin was all "Oooh, more Bretty for us." Everything was smooth sailing until JEMAINE came out and started on the opposite end of the line - right where - you guessed it, folks, the four of us were standing.

After suffering from a mild stroke, I incoherently babbled to Jemaine on how I enjoyed the show, his music and his body of work in general. (Please keep in mind that the sentence I actually uttered was nowhere near as eloquent. My actual sentence involved a lot of stuttering, and probably a lot of incomplete thoughts and mumbling.) I think he found my mental retardation endearing; he had a sweet smile on his face the entire time, haha.

I notice Jem has a marker in those big, delicious hands, so I pull out my CD and hand it to him. He asks, "What's your name?" To which I respond, "Fallon." It's often spelled incorrectly, so I spell it for him - and I also say something dumb along the lines of "it's like Fall-On!" and he chuckles or something.

I give Jem another litany of incoherent thank yous, he responds with a chorus of you're welcomes, and something weird happens. He stares right into my eyes. Not just eye contact...but it felt as he had burned a hole in the back of my brains. I could be crazy (OK, so I probably am crazy) but I'm pretty sure I was eye-effed. YES.

And then I almost forget that I was supposed to ask for a damn hug, so I do. Sin was wrapping up her time with Jemaine, so I just blurt out, "Jemaine?" to which he responds, "Yis?" He takes his picture with Sin and faces me again, and without any creativity or purpose whatsoever, I say, "Can I hug you?" And he wraps his arms around me. I think he underestimated where he should reach, because instead of embracing my shoulders, he stooped down low enough that his arm was grazing my lower back.

You better believe I squeeeeeeezed the hell out of that midsection.
ladytronzapatista

by ladytronzapatista » Thu May 15, 2008 1:54 am

A bit of the Bret:

Bret made his way to us last, and Sin was percolating like no other as the time wound down. She squeezed me super hard several times, and while I was just getting over the Jem euphoria, I couldn't help but feel the energy. :D

Brian made me hold his super-expensive fancy pants camera so he could get a shot with Bret right away. I was much relaxed and loose with Bret this time. As soon as he saw the camera, he had a countenance of shock and awe. "Hi, Bret!" I said very very cheerfully. "This is a really large camera!" Bret agreed with me wholeheartedly and I snapped away.

I handed the camera back to Brian, who then gave me the same treatment with Bret, this time we were making random wacky faces...as soon as we were finished, Bret said I should string the photos together and animate them! Why, yes, I think I will.

Then I handed Bret the CD that Jemaine had already signed, and he drew me a flying guitar. Aww. Then he pulls out his iPhone - to which I'm a giant nerd about technology, so I pull out my iPhone and said, "Ohmigod, I have an iPhone too!" So we were iPhone buddies for a brief moment.

And Sin asked if he remembered a drawing by Alex's brother given to him back in Ann Arbor - he said he still had it, and he plans on making a gallery of all the stuff fans give them. So score on that. :D Shags had Jess on the phone at the same time too, so Bret said a few words before he sped off in a car and left Jemaine to meet and greet with the remaining fans. (Just left Jemaine again...so much like Bret to do that.)

Something odd - Brian snapped a few shots of Bret leaving in the car and he was able to see that Bret was drinking a bottle of beer - beer in a green glass bottle. We deduced that it was probably Heineken.
ladytronzapatista

by Amily » Thu May 15, 2008 2:00 am

Yeah just run Bret... just RUN!

Open alcohol in a vehicle... shame shame on Bret!! :P

I soooo can't wait to see Brian's pics!!! And yes, I'm still not gone to bed! :P
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by caiknbake » Thu May 15, 2008 2:01 am

Fallon wrote:I give Jem another litany of incoherent thank yous, he responds with a chorus of you're welcomes, and something weird happens. He stares right into my eyes. Not just eye contact...but it felt as he had burned a hole in the back of my brains. I could be crazy (OK, so I probably am crazy) but I'm pretty sure I was eye-effed. YES.

i can't even censor myself in response to that: HOLY 'uckING shii! i just died reading that, so i cannot even IMAGINE how you felt at that moment....dnaonvncjnva rfhandf hvbonfobhf
ImageImage
caiknbake
PANTIES ON

by ladytronzapatista » Thu May 15, 2008 2:09 am

Auuuutograph.....

[image]
ladytronzapatista

by funkychi » Thu May 15, 2008 2:09 am

Eye-effed? eye-effed? the man has super powers. I wouldn't be surprised if all the ladies in the first three rows did get preggers! Mesmirising, magical powers.
funkychi

by caiknbake » Thu May 15, 2008 2:22 am

funkychi wrote:Eye-effed? eye-effed? the man has super powers. I wouldn't be surprised if all the ladies in the first three rows did get preggers!

congratulations, bitches!!!!
ImageImage
caiknbake
PANTIES ON

Next

Return to I'm With The Band