Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

Getting Awkward in CHICAGO!

Have you ever met the Conchords? Share your stories here.

by boomqueen » Thu May 15, 2008 2:29 am

i bet bret was running off because he had to go to the toilet after drinking his beer lol
boomqueen
You don't have to be a prostitute

by severine999 » Thu May 15, 2008 7:52 am

Fallon wrote:
You better believe I squeeeeeeezed the hell out of that midsection.

Oh, I would've too girl, and would've had serious problems letting go! I love his expression in your first picture. And that fine behind! Bret's such an abandoner.
severine999

by ladytronzapatista » Thu May 15, 2008 8:04 am

severine999 wrote:
Fallon wrote:
You better believe I squeeeeeeezed the hell out of that midsection.

Oh, I would've too girl, and would've had serious problems letting go! I love his expression in your first picture. And that fine behind! Bret's such an abandoner.

I know! I was more upset that he left Jemaine behind than him just leaving....haha.
ladytronzapatista
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by step0nmi » Thu May 15, 2008 8:19 am

EYE-EFFED EYE-EFFED!!!! :o YES! That's what it was! HE KNOWS HE'S DOING IT!!!

WOW! you guys crack me up!

oh! and Bret driving and drinking!? huh!? maybe in NZ that's allowed!? who knows but I find it strange! and yes...he was probably finding a toilet....hmmm...do you guys thing they party?

OH! and yeah! Bret totally came out the door like a shooting canon for us too! It was soo cute!
step0nmi

by ladytronzapatista » Thu May 15, 2008 8:28 am

step0nmi wrote:EYE-EFFED EYE-EFFED!!!! :o YES! That's what it was! HE KNOWS HE'S DOING IT!!!

WOW! you guys crack me up!

oh! and Bret driving and drinking!? huh!? maybe in NZ that's allowed!? who knows but I find it strange! and yes...he was probably finding a toilet....hmmm...do you guys thing they party?

OH! and yeah! Bret totally came out the door like a shooting canon for us too! It was soo cute!

LOL. Sin and I were like, "It's a Bret!" *points excitedly*
ladytronzapatista

by alexandriaj22 » Thu May 15, 2008 8:57 am

lol fallon, after that eye-eff i hope you're not pregnant.
alexandriaj22
Ah, Gerard Depardieu

by alexandriaj22 » Thu May 15, 2008 8:58 am

oh i forgot to write the rest of my message LOL

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THIS STORY IS SO CUTE! you're so cute, jemaine's butt is so cute, bret drinking beer is so cute. ahhhhhhh omg!
alexandriaj22
Ah, Gerard Depardieu

by sharona65 » Thu May 15, 2008 1:15 pm

disclaimer to my pics:

9 times out of 10 i look like a tard in pictures....the one time that i look cute, there's a 95% chance that something else in the pic is effed up......that being said, here are my pics...the story to go with will follow...

jem signing my poster (i was a terd and forgot my cd case)

[image]

me squeezing jem...he looks frightened of me! :(

[image]

bret signing fallon's cd

[image]

bret signing my poster

[image]

me in mid-sentence (grr) with bret's arms wrapped around me!! eeeeep!!!

[image]

me and fallon...giddy with excitement!!!

[image]
sharona65

by boomqueen » Thu May 15, 2008 1:58 pm

YAY!!! My Sin! I'm so happy for you getting to hug OUR boom-king!! lol

These pictures are great! So sweet!
boomqueen
You don't have to be a prostitute

by step0nmi » Thu May 15, 2008 2:01 pm

I THINK YOUR PICS ARE GREAT SIN! You look sooo happy! ;D

I am surprised that you let Bret go! he's got both his long skinny arms wrapped around you sooo nice....*sigh*
step0nmi

by alexandriaj22 » Thu May 15, 2008 2:11 pm

ahahhahaha omg Bret is hysterical there
alexandriaj22
Ah, Gerard Depardieu

by sharona65 » Thu May 15, 2008 2:14 pm

ok, the story part...i'll try not to repeat fallon too much!

the jem encounter!!:

yes, here we are thinking we're at the end of the line..and jem comes out and walks right to us!!!...so unprepared for this!!

he stops and smiles at us!! i think i say something about being unprepared as i'm frantically digging thru my cavernous purse to get out the poster for him to sign...felt like a huge tard!

he signs fallon's cd and takes pics with her, and now i'm finally ready with my poster--he kinda looks at me blankly and i realize he's waiting for my name....i give him the same schpeel(sp?) i give to y'all on the board "cin with a c, sin with an s, cindy, sinner, sinners....whatever, it doesn't matter"...he says "aww, it does matter!" ...i say "ok, go with cin with a c!"

we snap a pic (note the big delicious hand on my shoulder...squeee!!), and then stand there for a moment...as if he wants to chat with us more, but none of us know what to say (i think this is where fallon got eye effed)--so i try and redeem my earlier tardness by mentioning that i'm spending money i don't have...he interjects with "aww, that's too bad" (or something close to that)...but that it's to come to seattle and see them at sp20...he says "oh really?! well we'll see you there!"......i totally plan on holding him to that statement!!!!

then fallon gets her hug, i can see her face and she's glowing and oozing with joy!! we thank him for the show, the hugs, the pics, etc. and he moves on.....this is where we all get jem bum pics (mine turned out kinda dark, so i didn't post it)

now we're waiting on bret....yes, i popped some breath mints and spritzed myself with perfume!!

as he approaches i'm overloading with excitement, clutching fallon, and jumping/dancing around to try and burn off the giddy so that i'm not shaking when he gets to me (fal, i don't think i realized how hard i was grabbing your arm, hope you didn't suffer any injuries!)

he comes to us with that super gorgeous smile!! he's signing fallon's cd and i ask about the drawing he got from alex's brother...."hey, in ann arbor you met flighty alex"...at this point i'm expecting to have to describe her since they've met sooo many ppl lately, but he says "ahh, yip!"...so i ask about the drawing and he says he's got it in his bag with other fan art for making a gallery

i give him my poster to sign and ask if he choreographed the angry dance himself--he says it was partly him and partly someone else (don't remember the name) and that they were trying to fashion it like footloose--i mention that i've studied dance and he says "oh yeah! so did i when i was a kid!"...that's not an exact quote, but my brain was frying out that i was actually discussing dance with him!! (wish we could have discussed it more at length, but i'm good for now, i'll pin him down for lengthy dance talk....and other things....at sp20)

we hug for the picture (serious squeeeee moment!!) and i'm asking if it's not too creepy to ask him to dance with me (that's why i look like a tard in the pic)....so we sway for about 5-10 seconds...it's pure heaven!!! then he has to tear himself away to move on to the last person in line

then he talks into the phone to jess for 2 seconds, and runs away..

i was a little sad that he was in such a hurry that he rushed thru us, but i'm not complaining either!! i'll take what i can get!!

holy shii!! i've been squeezed by bret!!! now i just need my squeeze from trent reznor...then you can stick a fork in me, i'll be done!!
sharona65

by step0nmi » Thu May 15, 2008 2:24 pm

SQUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
that's all I can say right now! I am sooo excited for you! for everyone...but for you right now! lol

I just have to say....Bret is like Batman! I think he likes coming and going so quickly because he did the same to us! I turned around and he was at the other side of the ally! LOL

one more time:
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
step0nmi

by ashattack » Thu May 15, 2008 2:27 pm

HAHAHA OH CIN!!!!! That's WONDERFUL!!!!

And that's exactly the way I felt too!! My life is now complete!! "Stick a fork in me!"...HAHAHA!!!

This is so great!! All these people meeting them and having such great encounters...its so touching and extraordinary and I think I'm going to cry because everything that has happened lately is so damn amazing!!

I hope they know how much of an impact they have on peoples lives....it is really really something!!

Congratulations Cin... I am so utterly happy for you!!! ....and Fallon!!!!
ashattack
Lost but happy at sea

by ohjeez » Thu May 15, 2008 2:28 pm

i love reading these stories. they make me so happy and warm inside. haha :D

i love the picture with you and bret! too cute.
ohjeez

PreviousNext

Return to I'm With The Band