Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

Meet the guys in Milwaukee last night!

Have you ever met the Conchords? Share your stories here.

by step0nmi » Tue May 13, 2008 7:47 am

yeah...I think you might have put an arm up...I'm not sure! LOL everything is a blur now...I think I was just thinking...Yeah, Kael is getting the best part of the show right now! HA HA~
step0nmi

by kael03 » Tue May 13, 2008 5:53 pm

step0nmi wrote:yeah...I think you might have put an arm up...I'm not sure! LOL everything is a blur now...I think I was just thinking...Yeah, Kael is getting the best part of the show right now! HA HA~

Snerk. Yis!
I had another cool moment too....there was a time when the guys were bantering and Jem said something about a girlfriend (can't remember exactly what he said) and my friend points her thumb over at me. The guy sitting behind us leans over to the chick next to him and says "Did you see that?" "What?" "I think this is his girlfriend right here." "Shut up." "She went like this. (imitating my friends gesture)" then the girl says, "THAT would explain why she has such a good seat!"
Ha! This was before Bret came down in front of me...I could imagine what they thought then! Hey, at least someone thought I was with Jem. A girl can dream.
kael03
Considering second-hand underpants

by kael03 » Tue May 13, 2008 5:58 pm

step0nmi wrote:yeah...I think you might have put an arm up...I'm not sure! LOL everything is a blur now...I think I was just thinking...Yeah, Kael is getting the best part of the show right now! HA HA~

When Bret got back on stage, I yelled "Jemaine's turn!"
Did you hear me where you were sitting??
I know some people did because they laughed. I remember Bret looking at him and saying, "Your turn..." at this point I was embarrassed and didn't exactly hear Jem's response. I believe it was, "I'm too scared." :-[

All these little snippets of the night are coming back to me now.
kael03

by step0nmi » Tue May 13, 2008 6:37 pm

YEAH! That's what was going on! We missed it! we could only hear snippets of stuff...I mean...you WERE all the way in front! LOL

that's soo funny that they thought you were his GF! I think EVERYONE would love that! LOL

Glad it's coming back to you and you are updating us on your thoughts! You had such great seats I wondered what was going on down there! LOL ;)
step0nmi

by boomqueen » Tue May 13, 2008 7:42 pm

kael03 wrote:

When Bret got back on stage, I yelled "Jemaine's turn!"
Did you hear me where you were sitting??
I know some people did because they laughed. I remember Bret looking at him and saying, "Your turn..." at this point I was embarrassed and didn't exactly hear Jem's response. I believe it was, "I'm too scared." :-[

All these little snippets of the night are coming back to me now.

haha awww thats cute...I can just imagine jemaine saying "I'm too scared"...I don't think he meant to you personally though lol
boomqueen
You don't have to be a prostitute

by kael03 » Thu May 15, 2008 7:06 pm

Interesting yet highly depressing new tid-bit about the Milwaukee show.......
I just found out through theatre friends that Johnny Depp was in the house during FotC show at the Riverside!!!!! :o

He had a private, secure viewing room the whole time. I wonder if he went to meet the boys.
kael03

by boomqueen » Thu May 15, 2008 7:47 pm

holy cripes! Where'd you hear that??
boomqueen
You don't have to be a prostitute

by kael03 » Thu May 15, 2008 8:12 pm

I work in theatre and after time, I get to know tech. people. I know someone who works lights for The Riverside and Pabst Theatre. He had off the night of FotC, but his partner worked it. All theatres have 'hidden' rooms, some call them silhouette rooms, so people can watch shows without being seen.

What I'd like to know is how he got in and out without being seen. Though, he is quite the chameleon AND he had added 30-ish pounds for the movie he's filming out here...so maybe that was enough to throw people off.
kael03

by step0nmi » Thu May 15, 2008 9:08 pm

kael03 wrote:I work in theatre and after time, I get to know tech. people. I know someone who works lights for The Riverside and Pabst Theatre. He had off the night of FotC, but his partner worked it. All theatres have 'hidden' rooms, some call them silhouette rooms, so people can watch shows without being seen.

What I'd like to know is how he got in and out without being seen. Though, he is quite the chameleon AND he had added 30-ish pounds for the movie he's filming out here...so maybe that was enough to throw people off.

wow! This is some craaazy info! really strange that he was at OUR show!
step0nmi

by caiknbake » Fri May 16, 2008 1:54 am

oh i'm sure he went and met the boys...how could he not? i think it's a good thing there weren't any other fans there when they did, though; with the conchords AND johnny depp in the same room, i think i might explode from hormone overload :o
ImageImage
caiknbake
PANTIES ON

by kael03 » Sat May 17, 2008 8:00 am

caiknbake wrote:oh i'm sure he went and met the boys...how could he not? i think it's a good thing there weren't any other fans there when they did, though; with the conchords AND johnny depp in the same room, i think i might explode from hormone overload :o

Tell me about it! I was enough of a blundering idiot when I tried to talk to Bret and I made an arse out of myself when I talked to Jemaine....had Johnny been there too...It would've been like an episode of a Tom and Jerry cartoon. I would've shrunk down to 6 inches tall and there would have been 20 of me's bumping into each other.
kael03

Previous

Return to I'm With The Band