Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

When I met Jemaine! :o

Have you ever met the Conchords? Share your stories here.

by justkeeptalking » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:36 am

I'm just going to go ahead and copy the story from my Tumblr:

Some of you already know this, but over the summer, May 28 to be exact, I met Jemaine Clement after their concert in Berkley, California. I figured I'd just post my whole story on here so I could refer people back to it whenever they ask how I met him.

So the concert probably ended at about midnight, but I had high hopes of meeting Bret and Jemaine, so I waited outside the front gate till about 1:30am. This is where I met my friend Edwin, who ended up being a crucial part in talking to Jemaine.

Anyway, as people who had backstage passes started leaving, I figured I'd ask them if Bret and Jemaine were still in there. So I walked up to this one man walking out of the gate and said, "Excuse me, could you tell me if the guys are still in there?" and I guess he pretty much knew what I wanted, cause the next thing he did was tear off his backstage pass, stick it on me, and say, "It's your lucky day, girlie." (Read this in an Irish accent, cause he totally had one.)

And can I just say how crazy this is? Because when I asked the first few people that walked out, how they knew Bret and Jemaine they were like, "Oh, we're close friends of Bret." and "Oh we used to babysit them." O___O

So yeah I was like, "Omg, thank you so much." but then I remembered Edwin and was like, "Wait, do you think you could ask one of your friends for their pass? My friend over there *pointing to Edwin* has been waiting as long as I have."

So yeah, one of the girls he was with came over and gave me her pass, which I then gave to Edwin.

So me and Edwin went through the gate, and came to this guy who was guarding the door to the after party. He looked us up and down then was just like, "Well, you guys have the blue passes...so...I guess you can go in."

Yeah so we go in, and its this fairly medium sized patio filled with probably only about 25 or so people. But I can see Jemaine across the room. My legs got all shaky. I swear even when I think about it now, it seems surreal.

Me and Edwin start walking over to him, hes busy talking with these two other women. (Did I mention everyone here is like 30 yrs old and over?) So we wait till he's done talking to them, and Edwin introduces me.

He's like, "Jemaine, this is my friend Olivia. She came all the way from Phoenix, Arizona." Then I managed to squeak out, "I'm a big fan~" To which Jemaine replies, "Haha yis, I can tell~"

And then we pretty much tell him how awesome the show was, he thanks us, then Edwin asks if I can get a picture with him. So Edwin takes the picture of me with Jemaine, WHO PUT HIS ARM AROUND ME. (I almost died.)

Then I took a picture of Edwin with Jemaine, being the manly men they are, they both just stood next to each other without touching in any way haha. Then Jemaine went to talk to some other people in the after party, so me and Edwin waited. (We both wanted autographs.)

We talked to Eugene Mirman for a while and I took a picture of him and Edwin, rather, I took THREE pictures of him and Edwin. The first one, Eugene's eyes were closed, so he was like, "Alright, I'll open the shit out of them this time!" But then we all agreed that just made him look a little crazy, so we took a third one haha.

SOOO, like 15 minutes later, or IDEK how long it was, like I said, the whole thing was completely surreal, we walk up to Jemaine again and I hand him this picture I photoshopped of him and Bret. The entire picture is in black and white except for Jemaine's lips, so when I handed it to him, I said, "Jemaine, I highlighted your best feature." And he replies, "Oh! You colorized my lips!~" DAWWWWW. COLORIZED ISN'T EVEN A WORD. SO CUTE.

Anyway, this other girl that was there, didn't have anything for him to sign, so I gave her my other photoshopped picture and when Jemaine was signing it for her, I heard him say, "Oh this is really cool, did you make this?" And I was like, "Actually I did." So hopefully he thought I was a kind person for giving it to her. XD

SOO YEAH. That was pretty much it. We talked to Eugene Mirman, who plays the landlord on the show, and Arj Barker (Dave) for a while as well. But Bret had already left, and Jemaine was getting ready to leave, so we left right after we thanked him for the pictures and autographs.

I would show you guys the video Edwin got of Jemaine saying Happy Birthday to one of Edwin's friends but its only on his facebook. :(

HERE IS HIS TUMBLR THOUGH: goedwingo.tumblr.com

If you read all of this, you probably are just as obsessed as I am with Jemaine to which I say--YOU HAVE AMAZING TASTE. OKAY. THANKS FOR READING. BYE~

Yis, please.
justkeeptalking
I'm making a lasagne... for one

by felty » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:31 am

Heyhey, thanks for putting that up. I always enjoy peoples experiences with meeting the band. Couldn't help but notice in your hug photo you had the expression common to almost everyone who gets a Jem hug, sort of "Yeaaaaah bitchs". Cheerio :)
felty
Considering second-hand underpants

by justkeeptalking » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:15 am

felty wrote:Heyhey, thanks for putting that up. I always enjoy peoples experiences with meeting the band. Couldn't help but notice in your hug photo you had the expression common to almost everyone who gets a Jem hug, sort of "Yeaaaaah bitchs". Cheerio :)

Haha! I kind of thought my look was more like, "OMG I'M SO FUCKING HAPPY RIGHT NOW." while he's just like "Yeah, another day, another fangirl who wants a picture with me."

The ratio of his excitement to mine in this picture is just way unbalanced lmao.
Yis, please.
justkeeptalking
I'm making a lasagne... for one

by chrissycubana » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:45 pm

awwww - great meet n greet story!!!

"colorized" - awesome #excited2# .

it's wonderful to have a face to go with your name. :)

"If there's one thing I can't stand, it's plagiarism."

"Suddenly, playing with yourself is a scholarly pursuit."
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

Return to I'm With The Band