Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

Me with Jemaine

Have you ever met the Conchords? Share your stories here.

by ajt267 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:51 am

Hi,
I couldn't resist but to put this picture up here, I met Jemaine on May 15th 2010 in Glasgow, before the show, I have a sneaking suspicion that he had come from TGI Fridays (where we'd just eaten too) because when my friend dragged me off to the loo the waiters told my friend's parents there was a celebrity in, they didn't tell us though lol.
Anyway, after we came out of TGI Fridays we were just walking back to the train to get back to our hotel when I turned and saw Eugene Mirman, I turned to my friend and said "Oh my god was that Eugene Mirman?" she turned around, screamed and said "He's with Jemaine!!!!" So we ran across the road screaming, Jemaine said "Don't get hit by a car" (I thought it was sweet, he cared about us not getting ran over lol) and we got pics with Jemaine, none with Eugene I'm afraid, we were to starstruck at meeting Jemaine. My friend's parents hadn't realized we'd ran off screaming so we were shouting them, Eugene helped too shouting "MOM! DAD!" We got some strange looks from people who didn't know that they were in the presence of one of the most awesome people on the planet. We didn't get autographs though as no one had a pen, or anything to sign. We chatted with Jemaine for a while and my friend's dad told him we knew all the words to all the songs and he was like "aww really?" and then I got nervous and started babbling about how we talk about the band so much that some of our friends hate us now and he just went "Aww, shame." To be honest I think he's used to older fans, he looked a bit shocked when a 13 year old girl and a 14 year old girl ran across the road screaming his name XD
Anyway, I should probably just put the picture here now lol.

[image]

That picture will be treasured forever lol.
♫Wear the eyepatch Bret, wear the funky, funky eyepatch!♫
ajt267
Turning white clouds grey

by gezyka » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:57 am

ajt267 wrote:My friend's parents hadn't realized we'd ran off screaming so we were shouting them, Eugene helped too shouting "MOM! DAD!"

[image] [image] [image] Oh, Eugene. [image] [image]

To be honest I think he's used to older fans, he looked a bit shocked when a 13 year old girl and a 14 year old girl ran across the road screaming his name XD

Well, he obviously thought you two were cute with all his awws! It's so sweet that he was worried for you guys crossing the street. [image]

[image]

That picture will be treasured forever lol.

Sooooooo adorable, both of you!! [image]

Thanks so much for sharing, AJ! :D
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

by onlyalways » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:00 pm

Thank you for sharing!! [image] [image] [image]

ajt267 wrote:So we ran across the road screaming, Jemaine said "Don't get hit by a car" (I thought it was sweet, he cared about us not getting ran over lol)

It makes me warm and fuzzy that he doesn't want any bodily harm for his fans. [image]

[image] [image] [image] [image] [image]

My friend's parents hadn't realized we'd ran off screaming so we were shouting them, Eugene helped too shouting "MOM! DAD!"

OH. MY. GOD.

[image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image]

That is one of the best things I've ever read.

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by ajt267 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:04 pm

Lol, thanks for the replies. I thought it was amazing when he said car, I've always loved how they say car (am I crazy?)
Eugene was funny, he had to hold something for Jemaine when we got the pics taken XD
ajt267

by squidhat » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:07 pm

aw, what a great story, thank you for sharing it with us! love the picture [image]

ajt267 wrote:I thought it was amazing when he said car, I've always loved how they say car (am I crazy?)

not at all :)
squidhat
I like to rock the party!

by emira » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:58 pm

That's one of the best, sweetest, most adorable fan stories I've ever read. I think it's because your reaction was so spontaneous, impulsive and honest. [image] [image] [image] [image] [image]

Thank you for sharing it with us [image] .
emira
You can't break this heart...

by ajt267 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:03 pm

emira wrote:That's one of the best, sweetest, most adorable fan stories I've ever read. I think it's because your reaction was so spontaneous, impulsive and honest. [image] [image] [image] [image] [image]

Thank you for sharing it with us [image] .

Hehe, thankies :) I think that story would have a lot more squees if I met Bret too :P One day . . . lol
ajt267

by hellomyfriend » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:08 pm

ajt267 wrote:Hehe, thankies :) I think that story would have a lot more squees if I met Bret too :P One day . . . lol

And he'll hug you so tight!!! [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image]

Aw, thanks for posting your story. It was perfect. [image] [image] [image] [image] [image]

hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

by ajt267 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:12 pm

hellomyfriend wrote:
ajt267 wrote:Hehe, thankies :) I think that story would have a lot more squees if I met Bret too :P One day . . . lol

And he'll hug you so tight!!! [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image]

Aw, thanks for posting your story. It was perfect. [image] [image] [image] [image] [image]

Hehe, now you've made me want to meet Bret more so I can get a hug *squee* lol

I could have written a lot more with that story, I have printed the pics off several times (I only got one pic but I zoomed in on it :P) and on the back of one I have written almost everything Jemaine said to me XD I think one of the first things I said after being all like *ZOMG Jemaine! Must get picture!!!* was "Where's Bret?" He didn't know, he just said "I don't know, umm, somewhere else around the city." lol. This was about 2 hours before the show so I really thought they'd be rehearsing but obviously not XD
ajt267

by emira » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:40 pm

I'm trying to remember where we were 2 hours before the show [image] .
emira

by accordions » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:44 pm

emira wrote:I'm trying to remember where we were 2 hours before the show [image] .

Mm...I think Princes Square drinking those awesome smoothies? ;D
accordions
Bowie's in space

by emira » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:53 pm

accordions wrote:
emira wrote:I'm trying to remember where we were 2 hours before the show [image] .

Mm...I think Princes Square drinking those awesome smoothies? ;D

Could be... and coffee with white chocolate cheese cake ;D .
emira

by ajt267 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:54 pm

Lol, You should have been at 30 Gordon Street (If I remember correctly lol)
ajt267

by Red » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:58 pm

Aw you look adorable and soooo happy! What a great story and picture. Thanks for sharing!
Red

by ajt267 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:04 pm

Red wrote:Aw you look adorable and soooo happy! What a great story and picture. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks lol, I think that day has made my year so far XD
ajt267

Next

Return to I'm With The Band