User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

The Fantabulous Supertastic Gift Project 3

Share your fan art here.

by luckym » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:56 am

The Fantabulous Supertastic Gift Project 3

First we made the quilts, then we made the cookbook.
Now we've got a new project in the works!

An altered puzzle (example) inspired by Bret and Jemaine, FOR Bret and Jemaine, hopefully to be delivered during the Summer 2016 tour.

This is going to be the simplest project we've ever done but it has the potential to be just as awesome as the others! We realize things have changed since the days when we made the quilts and cookbook, which is why we're decided on a project that shouldn't take up very much of anyone's time or money.

Basic Information:

• Each participant will be sent two puzzle pieces to alter, one for Bret's puzzle and one for Jemaine's puzzle.

• Participants are encouraged to get creative with their decorating. Robots, sexy flowers, monkeys, llamas, sugar lumps - you choose the theme of each of your pieces!

• The newly decorated puzzle pieces will be sent to Amily - she will put the altered puzzles back together and have them framed.

• More detailed instructions will be provided once we know that there is enough interest to continue this project.

• We are hoping to get a total of 24 participants so we can alter a 2x3 foot floor puzzle (such as this). If we don't have enough participants, we will consider making a smaller puzzle.

The Cost:

Please note that we will require each participant to chip in to help cover the cost of the puzzles and frames. This cost will depend upon how many people sign up for the project, but we don't anticipate it being more than $5 per person.

The Sign-up Deadline:

The deadline to sign up for this project is Monday, April 18th. If you are interested in participating, please PM me by that date and I will add your name to the list. Everyone is welcome to participate - new and old board members alike!

#cheer# ROLL CALL #cheer#

luckym
Amily
boomqueen
caiknbake
mistysquarepants
flippintalene7
Stephanie
lixxx
sheila
onlyalways
gezyka
Jackie

This post will occasionally be updated with new information so keep checking back!

Please feel free to ask questions if you have any. :)
luckym
I'll nibble chips off your hips

by Amily » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:30 am

#cheer# #excited# #cheer# #excited# #cheer# #excited# #cheer#
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by onlyalways » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:55 am

Signed up. #love3# #love3# #love3#

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by Amily » Tue May 03, 2016 10:47 am

Hello everyone! #wave#

So, it's finally time for our first update! #cheer# Sara ordered the puzzles yesterday and they should arrive in a couple of days, so what we need from you all now is your preferred mailing address so we can send you your puzzle pieces!

Please send me your address here via private message, message on fb - either myself or the fotcmb page, DM @fotcmb on Twitter or email at admin@fotcmb.net - whatever is most convenient for you!

Once I receive all the addresses I will send a list to Sara and she will start mailing out the pieces. We ask that everyone get us their address no later than Thursday May 5th. That way we can send the pieces out ASAP and everyone can start decorating!

We do not have a deadline set for getting the pieces back to us just yet, that will come once we have mailed out the pieces. So watch out for that in the coming days.

And just want to make sure that everyone feels free to have discussions, ask questions, get opinions, etc. either here or in the fb group! Whatever you need, just ask us. We also encourage everyone to try googling altered puzzles and have a look at what kind of materials can be used - Share your findings with us! The options are pretty endless and I can already envision the amazing pieces you are all going to come up with!

Most important thing though is HAVE FUN! #dance2#
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by Amily » Fri May 20, 2016 9:34 pm

Hey all participating, #wave#

Just posting here for reference that the date to get your pieces back in the mail is Wednesday June 1st.

Thanks! #heart#
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by Amily » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:07 pm

The first set of puzzle pieces arrived yesterday from Stephanie and they are beautiful! #cry# #love3#
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

Return to That's Really Arty