Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

Thor: Ragnarok

Taika Cohen and Taika Waititi, one and the same overachiever extraordinaire.

by onlyalways » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:53 pm

I know this isn't news anymore, but I felt we should set up a thread for Taika's blockbuster (WHAT???) Thor: Ragnarok, because I know I'm excited.

On why he decided to film the next (and I believe last) Thor movie:

I always want to do something different when I make something. I really like the idea of doing something really big. My films have always been a lot smaller. I like the kind of films I make but [Thor: Ragnarok] was an opportunity that presented itself that wouldn't come around often, so I thought I would just pursue. Also, I know Chris [Hemsworth] and wanted to work with him at some point. Again, it seemed like a good opportunity.

It's a bit bittersweet, he (as well as Jemaine and Bret, especially) have always been my best kept secret, you know? He's so talented and not many people knew about him. But I'm extremely happy though they he got such a break and I'm very curious what he'll do with a bigger budget and what he'll do with the Thor character. He and some cast members have mentioned that this will be the most comedic Thor film yet. #excited#

I really enjoy the Marvel films, I've strayed away in the past year or so, but I'll definitely be seeing the upcoming Thor flick.

Now the main point I started this thread, if you haven't you HAVE to watch these. They're hysterical and very reminiscent of WWDITS.

I wonder if Darryl is his real name. #haha#

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by emira » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:56 pm

Thanks Coco for doing this! Actually, I should have made a thread for Wilderpeople as well... but not today.

onlyalways wrote:I wonder if Darryl is his real name. #haha#

Good question! I wondered if it's not a similar case like with Stu from Shadows. So I checked and Darryl is a character. The guy who plays him is Daley Pearson (@Daley_Pearson), an Aussie writer, director and producer.
emira
You can't break this heart...

by Zabel » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:38 am

Zabel
I'm not crying

by Zara » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:26 am

I'm really looking forward to this movie, the last few Marvel movies haven't really impressed me so I'm hoping this will be different, and I love Thor.

Anywho a few updates:
movie Poster

Really great interview with Taika - Taika Waititi on shaking up Thor and being a Hollywood outsider: 'They take this stuff so seriously'
Zara
Lost but happy at sea

by FunOnTheCouch » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:52 am

Zabel wrote:Is Taika saying he's bi? Hotness.

https://twitter.com/TaikaWaititi/status ... 7413559296

You're right, that's totally hot. #love#
FunOnTheCouch
Considering second-hand underpants

by Zara » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:18 am

First trailer. It looks so great!
Zara
Lost but happy at sea

by Niamara » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:17 pm

Thanks for posting this! Taika and #ThorRagnarok were both trending on twitter earlier today and it warmed my heart #love3#
Here's a facebook live video Taika did back in October where he did a little tour of the set that I feel like can belong here.

Niamara
Lost but happy at sea

Return to Taika Waititi