Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

you can call him Dad now

Taika Cohen and Taika Waititi, one and the same overachiever extraordinaire.

by emira » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:55 pm

a bit different version on his instagram #lol#

emira
You can't break this heart...

by emira » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:27 am

@philandteds Berlinale bubba gear. #bjornkiller pic.twitter.com/QXFtbR2H

twitter
emira

by emira » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:54 pm

Te Hine Kahu taking Berlin by storm. #favoriteuncle

instagram
emira

by emira » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:30 pm

Taika Waititi & his travelling gypsy family…..
Posted on February 20, 2013 by Taika Waititi

Like film gypsies, our family is always moving around and with a 9 month old gypsy baby as part of our team we need equipment that is lightweight and hassle free. We had already checked out the other brands of travel cribs, but not even the Swedes were able to offer something that was super-light, had top and side openings, and packed down to the size of a sausage dog. We love the Phil & Ted travel crib, and so does the bub. Straight out of the box it took about 4 minutes to assemble (it gets easier and quicker each time), is small enough to become part of the furniture and large enough for bub to have fun in. Moving from apartments to houses to hotels, it’s nice to know she has a safe, familiar space she can call her own. Like all babies, she is obsessed with electrical sockets, cables, glass, plastic bags, and flick-knives, so it’s awesome to know we can put her in a safe and comfy little baby-jail when we have to concentrate on something else.
We were also fortunate enough to get our hands on the Smart Stroller which has made a huge difference, especially when traveling around the snowy Berlin streets during the film festival. It’s strong and sturdy, yet lightweight and easy to fold out and collapse, not to mention the nice comments from others in the stroller community. Turning the seat around to face you is good for a baby nap and the coloured hood makes it easy to spot your child when you lose them at a pram party. Best of all, the stroller and travel crib can both fit in to the up & away bag. Boom.
Phil & Ted really came to the rescue when nothing else on the market seemed to fit our needs. The products have helped us immensely and it’s cool to be able to support a cool New Zealand company.

Phil & Ted's

When I looked through the photos on the company's facebook, I found a lot of Polish celebs use those prams! :o #thumbsup# #love3#
emira

by Amily » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:11 pm

Baby-jail. #lol#

Also I love that he calls her "bub." So cute. #love3#
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by emira » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:07 pm

A multipurpose travel cot!
Posted on March 19, 2013 by Taika Waititi

Another photo of the fabulous phil&teds adult hangover capsule. After traveling the world with her very own house, bubs now has grown very attached to her travel cot. We’ve put her wahakura in there and now it’s become a kind of baby bolt-hole. It even goes across the road to Nana’s when the parents have decided to take back the night for themselves. We’re now using the iron heart method of enforced sleep patterns so it’s nice to know that when she says “I’m not ready for bed – even though I’m rubbing my eyes and screaming hysterically”, we can simply put her in the phil&ted’s padded cell, close the door, and a mere glass of shiraz later, we’ll find her asleep in the position of her choice.
Most animal babies know when to go to sleep, they just feel tired and curl up and go to sleep with little fuss. Look at puppies or kittens. Even f*****g tarantula babies know when to lie down and chill out. You don’t see a baby tiger saying “I’m exhausted but don’t have any concept of shutting up and going to sleep so I’ll just stand here and scream!” You never see a baby foal, rubbing it’s little red eyes, yelling “What the hell is happening to me?? I hate you guys but I also just want to hang out with you, but then again I just want to be alone, and I’m hungry but kind of not really so I’ll just keep screaming until the thing I want (whatever that is) happens!!!” Just after they’re born, in the middle of the night, baby turtles walk down the beach, the equivalent of about a mile for their little legs, get in an ocean which is full of things that eat turtles, and don’t come home for a year. They do this ON THE DAY THEY ARE BORN. And without even meeting their parents. Human babies have a lot to learn from turtle babies. So a message to you little humans, we love you and you’re damn cute, but until you can leave home and live in the ocean for a whole year without someone changing your nappy or feeding you old people’s food, you’ve got nothing to complain about, so just…. go. to. sleep.

phil&teds

he sounds a bit frustrated #haha#
emira

by onlyalways » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:11 pm

emira wrote:he sounds a bit frustrated #haha#

Yeah he does. But the picture is SO cute. #cry#

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by blondesnotbombs » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:15 pm

Oh, Taika. Come over here and have a chat with me, man. We can swap stories about our monster kids and their refusal to go to sleep no matter how tired they are. #fingerwave# #haha#

When my kid was that age and he started to fall asleep, he'd kick his feet to keep himself awake. And when I say "kick", what I mean is he would lift his feet up so they were pointing straight at the ceiling and then slam them back down on the mattress. Over and over and over. :o I'm so glad he doesn't do that anymore. #haha#

That little girl is SO CUTE though. #love3#
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

by emira » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:08 pm

It's amusing how little children don't want to sleep and as adults all we dream of is to finally go to sleep. #haha#
emira

by emira » Wed May 01, 2013 2:09 pm

The Waititis Family with Emanuel Michael at Berlinale 2013

emira

by emira » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:44 am

2014 Sundance Native Forum Party with Sterlin Harjo #heart#

and she loves dancing #love3#
emira

by chrissycubana » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:22 pm