Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

Little Shogun - James Rolleston

Taika Cohen and Taika Waititi, one and the same overachiever extraordinaire.

by emira » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:26 am

I think James needs his own thread, since I suspect we'll hear more about him in the future... :)

'Boy' star films new movie in Rotorua

Dana Kinita | 22nd January 2011

He soared to cinematic heights with his debut movie Boy and this week James Rolleston was experiencing heights of a new kind at Rotorua's Agroventures.

The 12-year-old visited the tourist attraction on Thursday to film for Bomb New Zealand, a documentary film by Fire and Ice productions.

Producer Michael McLachlan said the feature was written by his brother Tim and was a celebration of summer fun in New Zealand.

"James is our lead who plays a heightened version of himself," Mr McLachlan said.

"He's having fun surfing, doing bombs and having an absolute blast. We've been to Splash Planet, James swam with a stingray in Gisborne - which he loved - before we came to Rotorua."

The crew filmed at Agroventures for a day, experiencing the Freefall Xtreme body flying, Shweeb, Agrojet boat ride and the Swoop.

"Rotorua was great, we stayed at a backpackers and the weather was fantastic," Rolleston said.

Agroventures sales and marketing manager Anna Rodgers said the filming was also enjoyed by staff and crew.

"James experienced his first bungy at Rotorua Bungy which he said was pretty cool. From our point of view, it has been an exciting opportunity to promote Agroventures not just to New Zealand moviegoers but also the coverage to international viewers when it is released on the festival circuit later this year," she said.

Rolleston's first acting role was as the lead in last year's coming-of-age film Boy.

It premiered at the prestigious Sundance Film Festival in the US, and was written and directed by film-maker and actor Taika Waititi.

Rolleston then starred in the short film Mr Frosty and the BMX Kid, written by Tim, before taking on Bomb New Zealand which will be released to festivals later this year and in New Zealand cinemas next summer.

source

#cheer# #cheer# #cheer# #cheer# #cheer# #cheer# #cheer# #cheer#
emira
You can't break this heart...

by emira » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:02 am

Cross-posting and editing a little bit from the BOY thread:

page 3

gezyka wrote:
emira wrote:SIDE POST

James Rolleston from BOY is making a new movie #cheer#

Tim McLachlan is the director of Mr. Whippy and the BMX Kid where James plays the BMX Kid.

You can check Behind the scenes:
http://your-big-blog.com/2010/01/31/behind-the-scenes-–-frosty-man-and-the-bmx-kid/

and Tim's blog and vblog entries.

SIDE POST UPDATE

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWLlDIzi8SU[/youtube]

#excited2# #love3# #excited2#

(semi-cross-posted from New Zealand: Land of the Sexy :))

page 10

gezyka wrote:James is on a t-shirt! (as the BMX Kid) http://www.mrvintage.co.nz/results.html?q=FROSTY+MAN

#cheer# #love3# #cheer#

(random post is random)
emira

by emira » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:54 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlqxpipEaq8[/youtube]

James Rolleston was the star of New Zealand's highest-grossing locally made film when he was just 11 years old. He has come on board to help Vodafone New Zealand show you how to do your thing better.

#loveeyes#

He's so natural!
emira

by emira » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:58 pm

There is a massive amount of Vodafone tv spots with James, which I tried to put them in two posts on WOT: part 1 and part 2.

I think this one needs more attention:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TvITodEKwo[/youtube]

The photo on Trade Me:

Auction description:

Chur for checking out my auction! Here are all the details.

I've got 7 of these personally hand signed bad boys to sell on here. Hand signed by me. All of them start at $1 reserve and will be the best presents ever for pretty much everyone. Unless you don’t like really good looking things.

If you can’t decide who that lucky person should be, you could always buy one for your family as a 'family present' and just stick it above the fireplace or TV for everyone to enjoy – anywhere really. Just don't stick it somewhere stink, like in a drawer.

The frame is made from the finest plastic available in stores close to my house and the picture is printed on proper non-fade photo paper.

And did I mention these are limited edition? That means, once all 7 of them are sold, there won’t be any more. This one is number 2 of the 7 and I’ll be selling one each week until Christmas. So, don't miss out otherwise you'll be gutted.

And since they're limited edition, they could easily be worth more in the future (when I've been in heaps more movies) so you might call these a 'financially sound investment.' Better sort out that un-crackable safe now in case you win the auction.

Other stuff you might like to know:

Every single dollar I get from my auctions will go to my mates at Starship. I reckon they need it most this Christmas. So if you buy one for say, a million bucks, you won't see me riding round on a flash new bike. The kids at Starship will be stoked as though.

Unfortunately I can't offer any "Awesome Babes Discounts" or Buy Nows. Whoever bids the most wins. Sorry girls :( But if you do get one, you should stick some mistletoe on the top of it ;)

Merry Christmas everyone and have a mean New Years.

#lol#

The first photo went for $300.00 :o #cheer#
emira

by emira » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:00 pm

emira

by emira » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:34 pm

I guess he's going to stick to acting for a while...

New Film Starring Cliff Curtis and "Boy" Actor
Thursday, 18 April 2013, 2:53 pm
Press Release: New Zealand Film Commission - NZFC

New Film Starring Cliff Curtis and "Boy" Actor Starts Shooting This Week

"Boy" actor, James Rolleston, returns to the big screen this week when production commences in Auckland and Gisborne, New Zealand on "Genesis", a feature film funded by the New Zealand Film Commission starring Cliff Curtis ("River Queen", "Whale Rider", "Three Kings", "Blow") as Genesis Potini.

One-time Maori speed-chess champ, Genesis Potini, lives with a bi-polar disorder and must overcome prejudice and violence in the battle to save his struggling chess club, his family and ultimately, himself. The film also stars Kirk Torrance (Outrageous Fortune, Stickmen)

Written and directed by James Napier Robertson (I’m Not Harry Jenson), Genesis is produced by Tom Hern for Four Knights Film, Hern and Napier Robertson’s production company, and was inspired by Jim Marbrook’s documentary The Dark Horse. The film will be released in New Zealand by Transmission Films with a scheduled release planned for the first half of 2014

Genesis is a Four Knights Film supported by the New Zealand Film Commission, Arama Pictures, Southern Lights Film, NZ On Air and the New Zealand Government's Screen Production Incentive Fund with financing by Fulcrum Media Finance.

source
emira

Return to Taika Waititi