Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

The Sexy Book of Sexy Sex

Oh hey guys! Stalk Mel here.

by emira » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:26 am

That's sooooo sweet! I don't know who was more excited by this meeting, you or Kristen... or your sister!

#love3# #excited# #love3# #excited# #love3# #excited# #love3# #excited#
emira
You can't break this heart...

by sargifster » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:52 am

chickenkarma wrote:nothing CRAZY exciting, just a really sweet and nice kristen.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chickenkarma/4999994465/
after that video Kristen said, "YOU MADE IT TO CHINA!?" :D
there was also a little quip where she said "Irene is the best doll maker guys" to the other people in line HAHA ^_____^
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chickenkarma/5000010195/
after that I told her thank you again for delivering the conan doll and she told me that when she gave it to him that there was a guy who had a video camera, so there might be a chance that the doll will show up on conan's tour documentary. *squee*

In my book she wrote "To my favorite artist, enjoy the smut! <3 Kristen Schaal"

#cloud9#

#love3# #love3# #love3#

So glad you finally met Kristen.

#love3# #excited# #love3#
sargifster
Administrator

by chickenkarma » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:11 am

emira wrote:That's sooooo sweet! I don't know who was more excited by this meeting, you or Kristen... or your sister!

#love3# #excited# #love3# #excited# #love3# #excited# #love3# #excited#

my sister was pretty excited, she was nervous all day up untill we met her HAHA
chickenkarma
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by chrissycubana » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:04 pm

alas, yesterday i got home far too late to head out to the signing; however, i ran into vanessa while picking up my Sexy Book of Sexy Sex at B&N and she let me know that kristen and rich were holding a book release party early this afternoon.

so after i got off work this morning i drove over, picked up vanessa, and we headed out to L.A. for the release.

to kill some time we popped into a nearby urban outfitters when what to our wondering eyes didst appear but a Kristen and a Rich!!! Kristen noticed that we were holding their book and said, "hey! i know that book!"

Vanessa and I explained that we were checking in with the guys at the cashier's counter to make sure that they knew we weren't running off with one of their copies, and Kristen said that she would vouch for us. She also showed us the dress she was about to purchase, and I asked her to turn it around and hold it up so that we could give her feedback on it. We both agreed it was very cute (what *wouldn't* kristen look cute in, seriously) and kristen said that she was buying it in the hopes that the material would stretch later in the day as she ate lunch.

Rich was very sweet, shook our hands, and basically nodded along with our evaluation of kristen's dress. He is definitely more shy than his very extroverted partner. :)

They took off, and Vanessa and I puttered around the store (I bought some sparkly black tights and some blue tights - woot!) and then i decided to go back to the car for my sunglasses. We passed by kristen and rich again, and they both wanted to make sure that we'd be back. Of course we reassured them that we'd be back shortly. Kristen agreed with me that the sun was fierce that day, and that sunglasses would be a good idea.

Eventually Vanessa and I took a seat over at the signing/reading area. It was VERY hot and VERY bright out. Kristen asked us to come up before the reading so that she could sign our books ahead of time since there were so few people there. I asked her to sign my copy for a friend. We chatted about how now we were best friends since we had shared fashion advice with each other. She was just lovely. Rich was kinda quiet, but really sweet. As I waited for Vanessa to get her book signed, I chatted with a guy named Mark who, it turns out, is a friend of Kristen's from high school. He was wearing a Wondermark shirt, which is why I started chatting with him and, as it turns out, he was one of the writers for American Dad. I asked him if she was just as talented in high school as she is now, and he said that everyone had always known that she'd make it big in the entertainment biz someday.

Before they got started I ran back into the Urban Outfitters and bought another copy of the book since it looked like there wouldn't be a huge crush of people asking for signatures after their reading. There really weren't many people in attendance, sadly. Only a few of us were daring enough to sit on the lawn chairs provided, all of which were directly in the hot, hot sun. Kristen and Rich were worth it though :).

They read some passages from the book, including a portion on "taint" ( :o ) and then they role played a sexy scenario involving a Yeti (for this, Rich pilfered a hideous fur vest from Urban Outfitters for Kristen to wear) and were hilarious!

Afterwards I took my copy of the book up to be signed, and i asked her about how long it took them to write it up. She said it took 2 years, and i asked her if it had involved some research into sexological texts. Kristen responded that they *had* done research (winkwink nudgenudge saynomore style) and then Rich signed my book as well.

Here's what they put in my book:
"To Chrissy, You are just 192 pages away from being a sex goddess. <3 Kristen Schaal"
"Chrissy - Thank you so much! This book is going to change your life <3 Rich"

I'll let Vanessa post her version of the event if she'd like.

"If there's one thing I can't stand, it's plagiarism."

"Suddenly, playing with yourself is a scholarly pursuit."
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

by vanessa » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:28 pm

Kristen should just do a book signing out here. The I.E. is where all her fans are at.

Congrats, chickenkarma! I want to buy one of your bookmarks!
vanessa
Lost but happy at sea

by gezyka » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:06 pm

chickenkarma wrote:nothing CRAZY exciting, just a really sweet and nice kristen.
there was also a little quip where she said "Irene is the best doll maker guys" to the other people in line HAHA ^_____^
after that I told her thank you again for delivering the conan doll and she told me that when she gave it to him that there was a guy who had a video camera, so there might be a chance that the doll will show up on conan's tour documentary. *squee*

#squee# #heart# #squee#

So glad (for both of you) that you finally met! She's so sweet! #love3#

Also, how did I not know about the bookmark thing?? :o That's awesome! #notworthy#

Chrissy, it sounds like you had a great experience with Kristen (and Rich) too. #blowkiss#

Thanks for sharing, you guys!
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

by emira » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:14 pm

WOW! Chrissy! The whole meeting with Kristen and Rich sounds like if you were old friends doing shopping together! She must be so easy-going and she makes you feel comfortable in her company.

Thank you! #glomp#
emira
You can't break this heart...

by Venus » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:58 pm

Aww, cute recaps! Thanks so much for posting about your experiences, ladies! Love the videos too, Irene! Kristen is so sweet, I'd love to meet her one day . #love3#
#heart# Image #heart#
Venus
The day time of the night

by gezyka » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:50 pm

My friend sent this to me this morning!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgiYhE-kdKA[/youtube]

#rofl# #rofl# #rofl# #rofl# #rofl#
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

by chickenkarma » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:18 am

omg, that was toooo freakin hilarious HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
chickenkarma
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by Katie » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:43 am

I didn't know you had a video! YAY!!! I'm glad you got to tell her about the bookmarks. #excited2#
Katie
Totally Fine

by Katie » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:44 am

gezyka wrote:My friend sent this to me this morning!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgiYhE-kdKA[/youtube]

#rofl# #rofl# #rofl# #rofl# #rofl#

#rofl# My favorite part was near the end: "Eat your wings." #lol#
Katie
Totally Fine

Previous

Return to Kristen Schaal