Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

Toy Story 3

Oh hey guys! Stalk Mel here.

by gezyka » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:58 pm

New Voice Of Toy Story 3's Slinky Dog Revealed, Double Feature Extended!
By Katey Rich: 2009-10-12 17:33:35

Lee Unkrich has become one of my favorite people to follow on Twitter, not only because he's funny and interacts with his followers, but because he's the director of Toy Story 3, and therefore has access to all the insider genius at Pixar.

And apparently Unkrich loves Twitter as much as we do, as he took to his Twitter account to make several big announcements about the Toy Story franchise. You can get a direct link to the video announcement here, but here are the major exciting bits.

1. The Toy Story/Toy Story 2 double feature, originally intended as a two-week run, will be extended, both so more people can see the trailer in 3D (Lee's reason) and, uh, because it's making a killing at the box office (my reason). He doesn't say just how long it will run, but presumably it will last two more weeks, until The Nightmare Before Christmas makes its annual return to 3D theaters.

[size=133]2. Kristen Schaal, the hilarious comedienne best known as Mel as Flight of the Conchords, will voice a new character in Toy Story 3. Who it'll be, Lee isn't saying, but hey! Mel's in a Pixar movie!

3. Blake Clark, a comedian known for random roles in Adam Sandler movies, will be taking over as the voice of Slinky, given that the original voice actor Jim Varney passed away soon after Toy Story 2 was completed.

4. John Morris, who originally voiced toy owner Andy, will be back in the same role-- he's grown up a lot, and so has Andy, and it will seem all the more sentimental.

There's plenty to be excited about here-- I still want to catch the 3D double feature-- but Kristen Schaal's news might be my favorite. Now you have to watch the trailer and figure out which part she'll play![/size]

Source: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/New-Voice-Of-Toy-Story-3-s-Slinky-Dog-Revealed-Double-Feature-Extended-15173.html

[image] [image] [image]

She's not listed on IMDb yet...
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

by blondesnotbombs » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:00 pm

Oh my God, this is the most amazing news!! [image] [image] [image]
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

by snegrl15 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:31 pm

Yay!!! I'm soo excited! also.... I cannot watch that trailer without crying :( ... haha i know im a loser :P
snegrl15
Lost but happy at sea

by gezyka » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:03 am

Official announcement from the director:

[image] [image] [image]
gezyka

by onlyalways » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:59 am

Awesome! This movie will have her set for life! [image]

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by chickenkarma » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:28 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EFFIN WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
chickenkarma
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by chickenkarma » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:32 pm

Sasha wrote:Yay!!! I'm soo excited! also.... I cannot watch that trailer without crying :( ... haha i know im a loser :P

I just saw the trailer right now and I was going to say the same thing!!!

I can't wait for this movie. I'm soooo happy for Kristen. ^_____^
chickenkarma

by mcdoofus » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:58 am

The full trailer is out!
I like it! [image] [image] [image]

This movie looks so cute!

mcdoofus
I like to rock the party!

by onlyalways » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:23 pm

mcdoofus wrote:The full trailer is out!

KRISTEN!!! [image] [image] [image] [image]

I can't wait to see this! She's already hilarious in it!

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by gezyka » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:41 pm

onlyalways wrote:
mcdoofus wrote:The full trailer is out!

KRISTEN!!! [image] [image] [image] [image]

I can't wait to see this! She's already hilarious in it!

hehe, more about that:

In the third installment of the “Toy Story” saga, owner Andy heads off to college and his parents clear space by packing Woody, Buzz and the gang off to a daycare center. New characters include Triceratops (voiced by “Flight of the Conchords” groupie Kristen Schaal) whose iMac chat with a dinosaur down the street gets spied on by Woody in this scene from the trailer.

Source
gezyka

by gezyka » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:47 pm

New Toy Story 3 Character, Trixie The Triceratops
Tuesday, February 23, 2010 11:43AM By Krystal Clark

A new character banner has been released from Pixar’s Toy Story 3, and it highlights Trixie the Triceratops. There are 14 new characters total that will appear in the film, and so far we’ve met Ken, Peas-in-a-Pod, Buttercup, and Lots-O’-Huggin Bear. Check out the latest release from the Toy Story camp…

If you payed close attention, Trixie the Triceratops managed to make a short but sweet appearance in the theatrical trailer a couple of weeks ago. You only see her for a few seconds, but at least that’s something. She’s voiced by “Flight of the Conchords” actress Kristen Schaal, who’s hilarious by the way, and is shown here in her very own poster.

Here’s the official description for Trixie and I’m sure it will intrigue you and your little ones…

“Trixie is a perfect playmate for prehistoric playtime! Visit the era when dinosaurs ruled the Earth! Made of rigid, durable plastic and in friendly shades of blue and purple, Trixie features an expressive mouth and movable legs. This gentle Triceratops will feed any child’s imagination.

Over at Empire where they debuted the character poster, there’s a short featurette that gives you a full 360 look at what Trixie has to offer.

Here’s Trixie!

[image]

Source

[image] [image] [image]
gezyka

by gezyka » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:49 pm

New Kristen gift idea for Irene? [image]

[image]

[image] [image] ???
gezyka

by gezyka » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:34 am

EXCLUSIVE: Harris, Schaal and Unkrich Talk Toy Story 4
June 6th, 2010

One of the most beloved film franchises in the history of Pixar Animation Studios, Toy Story, is about to release it's final chapter, Toy Story 3 on June 18th. But will it really be the last time we see Woody and Buzz on the big screen? Not if actress Estelle Harris has anything to say about it. Recently we had a chance to speak with Estelle Harris, who plays Mrs. Potato Head in the films, about Toy Story 3 and the actress dropped this bombshell on us about the future of the series. "I loved doing Toy Story 3 and I can't wait to get started on Toy Story 4," revealed Harris. Surprised to hear this news we asked the actress if she knew for a fact that a forth chapter of the series was in the works? "Of Course. If you see Toy Story 3 you can see that that's where it is going, it just has to," answered Harris. "Toy Story 4 will happen. There has to be another one, I've toasted to it!"

"I'll be back and so will Kristen Schaal," Harris went on to say. "There will be another Toy Story film and we'll both return for it." Equally surprised by this news was actress Kristen Schaal, who is best known for her work on the TV shows Flight of the Conchords and Mad Men, and who stars in the upcoming film as new toy, Trixie. We asked Schaal if there was any truth to what Harris had said and if she would in fact return for another film. "I guess so, if she's decided it," answered Schaal. "Estelle Harris has just decided it so I guess I will?"

Finally, we spoke to Toy Story 3 director Lee Unkrich and asked him directly if there were in fact plans already in motion for another film and what he thought about Harris' comments? "We know that Estelle would really like there to be a Toy Story 4 because she loves playing Mrs. Potato Head and she doesn't want to see any of this end," explained Unkrich. "I think that is a testament to the characters. People really love these characters and want to see more of them. In Toy Story 3 we really tried to end this story of these toys and their relationship with Andy but I'm sure we'll see more of the toys in the future," teased the director.

Toy Story 3 comes to theaters June 18th, 2010 and stars Tom Hanks, Michael Keaton, Whoopi Goldberg, Joan Cusack, Tim Allen, Wallace Shawn, Bonnie Hunt, John Ratzenberger. The film is directed by Lee Unkrich.

Source

If this becomes a certain thing, we can make a new thread for it. Seems too early! [image]
gezyka

by chickenkarma » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:15 pm

[image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image]
chickenkarma

by gezyka » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:27 am

Longmont’s Kristen Schaal gets into character in ‘Toy Story 3’
By Quentin Young
© 2010 Longmont Times-Call
Publish Date: 6/18/2010

When Disney’s “Toy Story 3” opens in theaters today, audiences will be introduced to a new character in the “Toy Story” franchise: Trixie.

She’s a triceratops who loves the Internet. She’s funny.

Trixie is voiced by Kristen Schaal, who grew up in Longmont. She’s also funny.

Schaal, who attended Skyline High School, has earned increasing recognition for her quirky humor, with its sharp-edged kid-sister charm.

Recent years have seen her gain national attention for appearances on “The Daily Show with John Stewart,” her role as obsessed fan Mel on HBO’s “Flight of the Conchords,” and other TV and film projects.

She’s currently working on a new film. But, for the opening of “Toy Story 3,” the New York City resident took a moment to answer some of our questions:

Times-Call: How do you get into character when your character is a toy dinosaur?

Kristen Schaal: I studied toy dinosaurs for six months. How do they move, how do they not move? What are their fears, favorites, faux pas? Just basic actress research. Sometimes I’d get into a staring contest with a toy dinosaur for days, just waiting to see who would blink first. I think my tear glands may be permanently damaged.

TC: This is how Disney’s “Toy Story 3” website describes your character: “Made of rigid, durable plastic and in friendly shades of blue and purple, Trixie features an expressive mouth and movable legs.” How much did you have in common with your character?

KS: Well, I am 100 percent mobile, and my mouth is so expressive it gets me into trouble. But I’m made of boring pink material that damages easily.

TC: The film has an A-list voice cast, including Tom Hanks, Whoopi Goldberg and Don Rickles (in the completely suitable role of Mr. Potato Head). Did you get to hang with any of these people? Can you give us a good anecdote or two?

KS: Sadly, I am in the same boat as you: citizens who have never met Tom Hanks, Don Rickles or Whoopie Goldberg. But I am hoping to jump that boat at the premiere in June. Maybe get in an awkward “hi” on the red carpet, and then beat myself up afterward for the awkwardness. Looking forward to it!

TC: You’re shooting another movie. What is it called? Who do you play? What’s it about?

KS: It’s called “Butter” (with Hugh Jackman, tentatively scheduled for a 2012 release). I play a character named Carol Ann Stevenson. It’s about the butter-carving competitions that take place in Iowa. I’m excited about it. Genuinely, I think this movie is going to be a good one.

TC: Many people know you from the HBO comedy series “Flight of the Conchords.” How much of the show was scripted and how much was improvised?

KS: I’m not a mathematician, but I would guess 95 percent scripted, 10 percent improvised.

TC: What can you tell us about why the creators chose not to continue the show?

KS: Well, I think they felt that they told the story of the band (Flight of the Conchords, the duo at the center of the show). The end. In America, TV shows go on for as long as commercially possible. Overseas, it is the norm for TV shows to end after two seasons.

TC: How often do you get back to Longmont, and when are you next planning to return?

KS: It depends on my work schedule. I try to make it home for Thanksgiving, Christmas and a weekend in the summer. My next trip home will be for the unveiling of the Kristen Schaal Theme Park, which will be built on top of the Twin Peaks Mall. I’m hoping that will save it.

TC: What has made you laugh the hardest you ever have in your life?

KS: Oh! Sitting in the front row of a dramatic play in college. It turned out to be more funny than dramatic to me, and the fact that I wasn’t supposed to laugh spiraled me into that terrified quiet laughter that would have killed me if the play had a third act.

TC: What are your interests outside of show biz? What do you do in your free time?

KS: I’ve recently become interested in conspiracy theories. In my free time, I try to crack them. Unfortunately, I get distracted easily, so I don’t think I’ll ever know who really killed JFK.

TC: Is there something about you that you’ve never told anyone that you’d be willing to now reveal to all the world?

KS: Well, I am not discreet in any way and was born without a filter. Everything pours directly from my brain to the air. It’s saved me money, though: The world’s my shrink! When my book comes out that I co-authored with my boyfriend, “The Sexy Book of Sexy Sex” (from Chronicle Books, written with Rich Blomquist, with a July release), we will reveal a saucy anecdote that happened to us that has never been revealed publicly. It involves time travel.

Source

[image] [image] Is anyone planning to see this movie this weekend?

KS: Sadly, I am in the same boat as you: citizens who have never met Tom Hanks, Don Rickles or Whoopie Goldberg. But I am hoping to jump that boat at the premiere in June. Maybe get in an awkward “hi” on the red carpet, and then beat myself up afterward for the awkwardness. Looking forward to it!

Sounds familiar. [image]
gezyka

Next

Return to Kristen Schaal