Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

Yes Man **May Contain Spoilers**

Welcome to Murrayland.

by gezyka » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:32 am

sargifster wrote:At the end of the HP scene where he says "OK guys!" - all I could think of was "band meeting", which nearly caused me to snort embarrassingly to the whole cinema ;D

;D ;D ;D

Where was Danny Wallace? I don't know what he looks like, obviously (ok, I guess I could look him up)...
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

by sargifster » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:47 am

gezyka wrote:
Where was Danny Wallace? I don't know what he looks like, obviously (ok, I guess I could look him up)...

I PM'd Jessica with this information, because trying to describe what scene could spoil a funny earlier scene for those who haven't seen the film yet.

For information, Danny looks like this:

[image]

:)
sargifster
Administrator

by gezyka » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:20 pm

;D ;D
gezyka

by laura » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:35 am

sargifster wrote:
gezyka wrote:
Actually, you've probably seen it by now since it's, what...6pm there? What did you think?

Nope - a change of plan meant I saw the later showing... :)

I loved it. ;D From someone who has read Yes Man by Danny Wallace, I did have to sit back and completely forget about the book. ;D I was especially interested by the difference as to how he started saying yes, compared to the book. :)

My laughter increased enormously every time Rhys appeared in a scene. Then I couldn't breathe for laughing, both because of Rhys and for imagining Murray doing the same things. ;D ;D

At the end of the HP scene where he says "OK guys!" - all I could think of was "band meeting", which nearly caused me to snort embarrassingly to the whole cinema ;D

I really loved the fact that everyone in the cinema seemed to laugh the most at Rhys - the difference in volume for Rhys' lines was amazing to hear. :)

Also, I found the cameo by Danny Wallace hilarious. Anyone who knows him, watch out for it... ;D

A great film debut for Rhys, I think... :)

I finally saw this this afternoon :D

I really liked it - I was expecting to enjoy the Rhys bits but I actually enjoyed the whole film. The first time I saw Rhys I actually let out a very small, but distinctly audible, eeeeeee ;D

I was also interested in the differences from the book having read Yes Man a while ago. I knew it wasn't going to be too similar as Jim Carrey was playing the lead role though.

I did snort embarrassingly to the whole cinema at the OK guys bit :D :D (actually at most times when Rhys was on).

AND when I saw Danny Wallace I got so excited and had to turn to my mum and sister (who had finally agreed to go with me) and point him out :D :D :D
laura
Dr. Flighty

by gezyka » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:16 pm

laura wrote:... I did snort embarrassingly to the whole cinema at the OK guys bit :D :D (actually at most times when Rhys was on). ...

*imagining a Scottish snort* ;D ;D ;D
gezyka

by laura » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:36 pm

gezyka wrote:
laura wrote:... I did snort embarrassingly to the whole cinema at the OK guys bit :D :D (actually at most times when Rhys was on). ...

*imagining a Scottish snort* ;D ;D ;D

Hahaha! :D
laura
Dr. Flighty

by thedistantfuture » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:47 pm

I'm glad you liked it Laura ;D
thedistantfuture

by gezyka » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:39 pm

This tweet made me smile:

The Yes Man is set in a very hip universe; songs by Eels, Brightly coloured credits, Murray from Flight of The Conchords. Hipland, USA (about 6 hours ago)

;D ;D
gezyka

by gezyka » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:24 pm

The director answers a question about Rhys at 3:08 -

haha...sorry about the subtitles. :P
gezyka

by step0nmi » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:07 pm

I LOVED IT! I COULDN'T STOP LAUGHING! ;D ;D ;D Rhys is sooo cute! and I think we had some fellow fotc lovers in the row in front of us...they were giggling so high pitch and uncontrollable that I missed a line :) it's okay though..it was nice to see him as a somewhat different character.

I loved him as the Sparta guy!!! that was cool! ;D
step0nmi

by thedistantfuture » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:38 pm

step0nmi wrote:I LOVED IT! I COULDN'T STOP LAUGHING! ;D ;D ;D Rhys is sooo cute! and I think we had some fellow fotc lovers in the row in front of us...they were giggling so high pitch and uncontrollable that I missed a line :) it's okay though..it was nice to see him as a somewhat different character.

I loved him as the Sparta guy!!! that was cool! ;D

Yay! You saw it ;D

That was like me in the movie..giggling and going 'RHYS!'.haha

Glad you liked it Steph :-*
thedistantfuture

by thedistantfuture » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:42 pm

Awesome video Jess ;D Damn,you find everything!!! :-*
thedistantfuture

by kirstie » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:42 pm

sargifster wrote:
gezyka wrote:

I PM'd Jessica with this information, because trying to describe what scene could spoil a funny earlier scene for those who haven't seen the film yet.

For information, Danny looks like this:

[image]

:)

I spotted the Wallace cameo - I eagerly pointed it out to my boyfriend, but he didn't seem too bothered because he didn't know who he was and really needed a wee. Tsk.

I went to see the film yesterday and really enjoyed it. I wasn't sure what to expect as I love the book, but it was really funny. Rhys was excellent, probably my favourite thing about the film. :)
kirstie
I'm not crying

by rhymenocerous » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:01 pm

Woo hoo!!! I just saw there is a movie theater next to my hotel in Vegas that is playing Yes Man. I will be going to the late show on Tuesday or Wednesday :)

How sad is it that I have to go to Vegas to see a movie :(
rhymenocerous

by thedistantfuture » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:20 pm

Do they not have movies in Washington,Tim? :P
thedistantfuture

PreviousNext

Return to Rhys Darby