Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

Rhysently Random

Welcome to Murrayland.

by chrissycubana » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:37 am

I'm so happy you were able to see Rhys, Vanessa. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to make it out to Irvine, given a huge pile of grading and some packing I had to get through today, but I managed to make it out there tonight and Rhys was hilarious and adorable, as usual. :)

Like Vanessa, I'm notoriously bad at remembering much at such things, but I do remember:

1) a bit about the perils of ordering fish and chips as a famous person (he tries, and fails, to make up a last name that is not Darby)
2) reminiscing about real transformers (that never transform the way you want them to)
3) the future: elderly people who must rely upon robots to care for them (at this point Rhys pwnd his arm on the microphone - poor bebeh)
4) his experiences in NYC (getting through customs and dealing with people and automated bank phone systems with a NZ accent)
5) getting pissed off at his Tom Tom GPS

(i'm having trouble remembering the rest).

He said he would be back in L.A. in April (?) to start work on the new CBS pilot he's signed on for. I hope that he'll have time to do stand-up between his work for the show (I have no idea if he'll have enough time to do so, but a gal can hope, right?).

#excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited#

"If there's one thing I can't stand, it's plagiarism."

"Suddenly, playing with yourself is a scholarly pursuit."
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

by onlyalways » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:59 pm

Wow! Glad both you guys got the chance to see him. #aziz# #excited# Like Ami, I still have yet to see Rhys live. (As well as Demetri and Todd. #haha# #shakefist# And Jim!)

Amily wrote:I hope he gets your card too! That was real sweet of you. #love3#

#love3# #dance# #dance#

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Previous

Return to Rhys Darby