Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

Will Forte

Rhys, Kristen, Arj, Taika, Nigel, The Phoenix Foundation, Eugene, Demetri, Aziz and more.

by boomqueen » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:44 pm

[image]

Hehehe I just laugh when I think of Ben the drycleaner/actor. I like him because he had too big of a heart not to give Murray a record deal. I personally prefer Big Eddie though. I think he should have gone with Fat Eddie instead of Stephan...I bet Big Eddie wouldn't have led Murray on like that lol.

Ben is played by actor/comedian Will Forte. Will, like many other former SNL cast members, has recently transitioned to films. He has been in comedy films Beerfest and The Brothers Solomon. I'm sure this isn't the last we've seen of Ben...uhh...I mean Will lol.

Ben moments (they were all so good it was hard to choose!!),

Ben- "Excuse me, Bret...Jemaine"

Jemaine- "Hi"

Ben- "I was in the audience"

Bret- "Uhh, were you the guy with the soup?"

Ben- "Yes, I was"

Jemaine- "oh yeah"

Bret- "What was the soup like?"

Ben- "It was good"

Jemaine- "We get some free soup for doing the gig"

Ben- "Oh hey look, watching you guys out there...I was blown away man, your act was sensational!"

Bret and Jemaine- "Oh, Thank You"

Ben- "Yeah I love the attention to detail with your stage characters. I mean the idea of a pair of New Zealanders, it's so simple its genius. You just pick an obscure backwards country that nobody knows anything about. Very funny...very funny. So where are you guys from? The Julliard School of Performing Arts?"

Jemaine- "We're from New Zealand"

Ben- "Ok, New Zealand...I love New Zealand its ve...that's great...that's good information to find out...I...Lord of the Rings...Frodo...The Ring...Anyway dont let me bore you with my knowledge of New Zealand....hah. Here in case you ever need my services, I'm going to give you my card. I would love to work with you guys"

Bret- "What do you do?"

Ben- "I am a semi-professional actor"

Jemaine- "Wow"

Ben- "Brilliant. Can't say it enough...brilliant"

Jemaine- "This says dry cleaners"

Ben- "The other side, written in pencil"

Jemaine- "Oh, yip"

Jemaine- "So you have to call up our manager, Murray and pretend you work for a big record label...and just tell him to keep on trying"

Bret- "Yeah, give him a rejection call to cheer him up"

Jemaine- "He's a little bit sad"

Ben- "Ok I get it, so I just say I heard your stuff it's not for us but keep trying"

Bret- "Yeah that's perfect"

Ben- "Ok good...uhh...so tell me a bit more about this character you want me to create"

Bret- "hmm?"

Ben- "Who is this record label guy? What makes him tick?"

Jemaine- "It's you pretending to be someone else"

Ben- "I see. Ok already I'm getting a feel for this guy...uh listen let me demonstrate a few characters you'll see. Uh this is Stephan who is like uhh...'hey hello...I'm stephan'. Then there's Big Eddie, who is this tough no non-sense mobster and he is like this...'eh what uh...what's with all this commotion? What's this commotion...explain to me what's with the commotion"

Bret- "Whoa"

Jemaine "phh..that's very good"

Bret- "Flippin' awesome"
Jem- "Pro...probably not right for this...this though"

Ben- "Ok, well I...I have been working on a character from New Zealand"

Bret- "K, what's he like"

Ben- "Hey watch out you flaming drongo...ye be such a flaming bloody drongo"

Jemaine- "Cou...could you do it in your normal voice though?"

Ben- "No, that's not acting"

Bret- "Well I think I like the first one...umm did I mention that we really can't pay you"

Jemaine- "We can't pay you"

Bret- "At all"

Ben- "Opportunity is in itself reward...and so it begins...ding!"

*Ben ducks down behind the counter like he is going down an elevator and Bret and Jemaine just keep standing in front of the counter*

Ben- "Could you guys leave please?"

boomqueen
You don't have to be a prostitute

by Amily » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:21 am

Ben - Ok, New Zealand...I love New Zealand its ve...that's great...that's good information to find out...I...Lord of the Rings...Frodo...The Ring...Anyway dont let me bore you with my knowledge of New Zealand....hah. Here in case you ever need my services, I'm going to give you my card. I would love to work with you guys

This is by FAR my favorite thing that Ben the Actor says throughout the whole episode!! It gets me EVERY time!! :D :P
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by boomqueen » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:50 pm

This is a funny video Will made with fellow SNLer Kristen Wiig on how you can help the writers on strike. Even if you are poor like me and don't donate, if the writers strike interests you at all then you should check out the website at the end of the video it's actually really cool! So Many Pencils!! lol

boomqueen

by boomqueen » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:47 pm

Stephan- "quite frankly, this is a terrible deal for me"

Jemaine- "well do we want to do deals with people who do terrible deals with themselves?"

Murray- "yes"
boomqueen

Return to Conchordian Cohorts