Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

Sutton Foster

Rhys, Kristen, Arj, Taika, Nigel, The Phoenix Foundation, Eugene, Demetri, Aziz and more.

by liverz » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:20 pm

parapluie wrote:'Course you all loved Coco! She's every inch a female Bret. ;)

Sutton Foster's very talented and totally gorgeous. I was a little disappointed she didn't get to sing, though.

Ditto that!

I was expecting her to burst into song, for whatever reason.

Maybe they'll bring her back and have her sing something for us in season two? *fingers crossed*
liverz
Beneath a willow tree

by sargifster » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:49 pm

"Last year you were on Flight of the Conchords. Any plans to return or do other TV?

Yeah! Conchords was an amazing experience, and I’d love to do other stuff like that. They’re great guys. Neither of them had seen Broadway shows, and I was doing The Drowsy Chaperone, and they both came and saw my show. My character on Conchords was so different than The Drowsy Chaperone — I was in jeans and sweaters, and then in Drowsy Chaperone I’m in sequins! And I think they were bedazzled. They were like, Whoa."

More with Sutton Foster (but not Conchords related) at:

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2008/12/shrek_the_musicals_sutton_foster.html

sargifster
Administrator

by blondesnotbombs » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:00 pm

Some cute pictures of Sutton as Princess Fiona.

[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

:D
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

by Amily » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:40 pm

SHREK Star Foster Sings from 'WISH' on NBC4-TV's Weekend Today Show 2/21
Tuesday, February 17, 2009; Posted: 02:02 PM - by BWW News Desk

[image]

Sutton Foster performs live on NBC4-TV's Weekend Today Show in NY. The program airs at 9am EST - Check local listings.

Sutton Foster's debut CD ‘Wish' is available today, via Ghostlight Records. The album features 15 songs culled from the worlds of jazz, pop, Broadway and cabaret, and highlights Foster's eclectic choices, ranging from Patty Griffin's ‘Nobody's Cryin' to Duke Ellington's ‘I Like the Sunrise'...from Frank Loesser's ‘Warm All Over' to John Denver's ‘Sunshine on My Shoulders'.

Tony-winner Foster will perform to a sold-out audience, February 19th, as part of the popular Lincoln Center Songbook Series.

On February 27th, she will perform and sign CDs at an In-Store appearance at Barnes and Noble Lincoln Center, at 5 pm.

Currently starring as Princess Fiona in Broadway's ‘Shrek The Musical', Sutton Foster was given high praise by Ben Brantley of The New York Times, who compared her to musical royalty: "She has emerged as an inspired, take-charge musical comedian in the tradition of Danny Kaye and Carol Burnett..."

‘Wish' was Produced by Joel Moss, and Co-Produced by Michael Rafter. Executive Producers are Kurt Deutsch and Sutton Foster. The CD package features original artwork by Sutton Foster.

More about Sutton Foster:
Broadway: Princess Fiona in Shrek The Musical. Inga in Young Frankenstein, Janet Van De Graaf in The Drowsy Chaperone (2006 Tony and Drama Desk Award nominations, L.A. Ovation Award), Jo in Little Women (2005 Tony, Drama Desk and Outer Critics Circle Award nominations), Millie in Thoroughly Modern Millie (2002 Tony, Drama Desk, Outer Critics Circle and Astaire Awards), Eponine in Les Misérables, the 20th anniversary of Annie,The Scarlet Pimpernel, Grease. Other New York: performed concerts at Carnegie Hall (NY Pops), Lincoln Center (American Songbook series), Town Hall, Joe's Pub, Actors Fund benefit performances of Funny Girl and Chess. TV: Disney Channel's "Johnny and the Sprites," HBO's "The Flight of the Conchords." Proud Equity member.

Ghostlight has emerged as the standard bearer on the Broadway music scene. Their team is relentless in their efforts to promote the music of the most innovative new voices on Broadway, and to preserve the music of past productions. Ghostlight's recent releases of the OCRs for Tony winners In The Heights and Passing Strange, as well as their single release featuring the winner of MTV's Legally Blonde The Musical competition, have brought the label acclaim for their innovative marketing techniques and their efforts to reach the next generation of Broadway music fans via iTunes, music videos and more. Coverage has ranged from Rolling Stone to USA TODAY to The New York Times, from Blender Magazine to Playbill to Billboard, from AP Radio to NY-1 TV, and much more. Other current releases include the OCR for '13 - The New Broadway Musical,' and a double CD collector's edition of 'Reefer Madness.'

Ghostlight Records capped a dominant year with recent news of a Grammy Award for their double-CD release of 'In The Heights' (already a Tony Award Winner for Best Musical and Best Score).

The label has seen its release of 'Patti LuPone at Les Mouches' garner significant coverage in recent weeks. USA TODAY ran a 'Listen Up - Playlist Music Pick'; Entertainment Weekly ran a review in their recent double-issue; New York Magazine included the CD in their 'Approval Matrix'; The NY Times conducted a TIMESTALKS Event; The NY Post ran a 'My New York' feature; Tina Brown's The Daily Beast ran a 'Buzz Board' Pick of the Day; Time Out NY's Adam Feldman weighed in, and the magazine included the CD in their Holiday Gift Guide; Newsday ran a review...and there's much more, ranging from The Advocate to Paper Mag, from Playbill to Associated Press, from NY Blade to Gay City News, from NY-1 TV to TheaterMania, and so on. The CD reached #25 on the BILLBOARD HEATSEEKERS CHART, marking the first time in Ms. LuPone's storied career that she's charted on Billboard under her own name, and it making it Ghostlight's highest Heatseeker chart debut-to-date.

Photo Credit: Peter James Zielinski

Source: http://broadwayworld.com/article/SHREK_Star_Foster_Sings_from_WISH_on_NBC4TVs_Weekend_Today_Show_221_20090217
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by rhymenocerous » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:47 pm

I am so buying/downloading this album!!! I love her and she is so cute I almost can't stand it!!!
rhymenocerous

by mumblo » Tue May 05, 2009 8:39 am

Sutton Foster has been nominated for the Tony for her role as Princess Fiona! This is her FOURTH nomination. [image]
mumblo
Lost but happy at sea

by Amily » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:15 am

She talks a little about her experience working with Bret and Jemaine and being a part of the show.

Broadway veteran Sutton Foster touring in support of her own album
Published: Friday, February 5, 2010
By John Benson

After spending the last decade performing in Broadway productions such as "Shrek the Musical," "Young Frankenstein," "The Drowsy Chaperone" and "Les Miserables," actress-singer-dancer Sutton Foster recently made another dream come true with the release of her debut CD, "Wish."

"I guess it was something I always wanted to do, but I needed sort of the right time to do it," said Sutton, calling from New York City. "I love to sing — it's my truest passion. So I collaborated with music director Jeff Blumenkrantz, who was the musical director for 'Thoroughly Modern Millie,' which was my first really big break on Broadway.

"We just had a really special relationship. The CD was something that we created together, and it's probably my proudest achievement. It's exciting to create something where I'm not playing a character, I'm not hiding behind a wig or a costume, it's just an expression of myself, so it's nice to be able to put something like that out there into the world."

The 15-track CD features the Tony Award winner performing a range of material that includes Patty Griffin's "Nobody's Cryin'," Duke Ellington's "I Like the Sunrise," Frank Loesser's "Warm All Over" and John Denver's "Sunshine on My Shoulders." The 34-year-old Michigan native, who is touring her debut with a show Saturday at the Hanna Theatre, said her set features songs from her album, her Broadway career and a few contemporary surprises.

One thing she won't be performing are any songs from the HBO comedy series "Flight of the Conchords," on which she had a recurring role during its first season. Foster said she treasured her time working with the show's actors Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie. Specifically, she enjoyed showing off her acting talents in a different world.

"I feel like I'm in musical theater, and it's what I do and it's what I feel passionate about — but also I don't think it defines who I am," Foster said. "I feel like there are different aspects of me and 'Flight of the Conchords,' that whole thing is just a different aspect of myself as well.

"It's funny, Jemaine and Bret didn't really realize I was a Broadway performer. So they came to see me when I was doing 'The Drowsy Chaperone.' And I don't think any one of them had seen a Broadway show. It was great. And what I loved being in 'Flight of the Conchords' was that it was so musical. So it was great to be a part of it even though I didn't sing. And they were amazing. It was a great experience."

Speaking of more experiences for Foster, in addition to touring she has a busy spring planned. Not only is she teaching a theater class at New York University, but she's also appearing in a Big Apple production of Stephen Sondheim's "Anyone Can Whistle" in April. What remains to be seen is to what degree Foster concentrates more on her solo career in the near future. For example, does she have another CD in her at some point?

"Oh definitely, but it's some day down the road," Foster said. "There is not any hurry."

Details

Who: Sutton Foster.

When: 7:30 p.m. Saturday.

Where: Hanna Theatre, 2067 E. 14th St., Cleveland.

Tickets: $10 to $45.

Info: 216-241-6000, 866-546-1353 or www.PlayhouseSquare.org

Source: http://www.news-herald.com/articles/2010/02/05/life/nh1997272.txt
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by tanfastic » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:17 am

Nice post Amily. I love Coco too, but where's the love for Keitha?! Oops I mean Kaytha.
tanfastic
Let's boom the boom

by Amily » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:40 pm

This got me far more excited than it probably should have and anyone who knows me or at least follows me on Twitter will know why. ;D

Photo Coverage: Sutton Foster & Joey McIntyre Sing for True Colors Cabaret
Tuesday, February 23, 2010; Posted: 08:02 AM - by Brian Estrada

[image]

The next installment of the True Colors Cabaret continued at Feinstein's at Loews Regency on February 22nd. The talent featured Broadway stars Sutton Foster and Joey McIntyre. This was the fourth performance in the True Colors series.

The first four True Colors Cabarets, which premiered in September 2009, all sold out, including the upcoming Monday, December 21st show with Jason Mraz and the Broadway inspirational Voices. Past shows have featured performances by Cyndi Lauper, Sara Bareilles, Lea Michele & Jonathan Groff, Gavin Creel, Melinda Doolittle and Stephanie J. Block.

Sutton Foster's Broadway credits include Princess Fiona in Shrek: The Musical, Inga in Young Frankenstein, Janet Van De Graaf in The Drowsy Chaperone (2006 Tony, Drama Desk Award nominations, L.A. Ovation Award), Jo in Little Women (2005 Tony, Drama Desk,Outer Critics Circle Award nominations), Millie in Thoroughly Modern Millie (2002 Tony,Drama Desk, Outer Critics Circle, Astaire Awards), Eponine in Les Misérables, the 20th anniversary of Annie, The Scarlet Pimpernel, and Grease.

McIntyre began his career as a member of the pop group, New Kids on the Block. He made his acting debut in the film The Fantasticks, which was based on the long-running off-Broadway musical and starred Joel Grey and Jean Louisa Kelly. McIntyre played Jon in Jonathan Larson's Tick, Tick... BOOM! for both the off-Broadway (Fall 2001) and national tour (2003) versions of the play. In 2002, he appeared for a season on the television program Boston Public. In 2004, he replaced Norbert Leo Butz in the role of Fiyero in Wicked. Most recently, he appeared as Fonzie in Happy Days, a musical based on the hit TV show at the Falcon Theater in Los Angeles.

In partnership with the True Colors Fund, Broadway Impact and Feinstein's at the Regency, the True Colors Tour is branching out in a new and exciting way. The True Colors Cabaret will intertwine performers from the world of Broadway and Popular Music, along with a celebrity host, for a night of amazing music in support of GLBT equality. 100% of the net proceeds benefit two important organizations, the True Colors Fund and Broadway Impact.

The True Colors Fund, the non-profit arm of the True Colors Tour and co-founded by Cyndi Lauper, seeks to inspire and engage everyone, particularly the straight community, to become active participants in the advancement of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (GLBT) equality and ensure a strong and vibrant GLBT community. Broadway Impact is a grassroots coalition of the Broadway community and its fans, mobilizing in support of marriage equality.

Feinstein's At Loews Regency is located at 540 Park Avenue at 61st Street in New York City. For ticket reservations and club information, call (212) 339-4095 or visit feinsteinsatloewsregency.com and TicketWeb.com

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Source: http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Photo_Coverage_Sutton_Foster_Joey_McIntyre_Sing_for_True_Colors_Cabaret_at_Feinsteins_20100223
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by 4everconchordsfan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:32 pm

I'd totally agree that Coco is the only girlfriend that I'm ok with. She is really relateable. I love the way she gazes at the guys, it's very cute.

I've watched her vids on youtube and her voice is amazing. I'm at work now where I have no access to youtube, FB, twitter, myspace. Grrr. When I get home im gonna post a vid of her doing this hawaiian song, it is sooo cute and funny. She's a very talented actress/singer. I'd love to see her on stage.

This is off topic a bit but have you guys noticed that in the Bret-Coco-Jemaine scene on the bus if you look to the rear of the bus, opposite side James Bobin is seated there clear as day. I just rewatched the episode last week and I suppose that I was so focused on the convo that I never noticed James sitting right back there clear as day. The person sitting next to him looks familiar too. Yeah, im slow. D'oh.
4everconchordsfan
I'm not crying

by emira » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:59 pm

4everconchordsfan wrote:This is off topic a bit but have you guys noticed that in the Bret-Coco-Jemaine scene on the bus if you look to the rear of the bus, opposite side James Bobin is seated there clear as day. I just rewatched the episode last week and I suppose that I was so focused on the convo that I never noticed James sitting right back there clear as day. The person sitting next to him looks familiar too. Yeah, im slow. D'oh.

#happyyes# #hug#

but I don't recognize the lady sitting next to him. #shrug#
emira
You can't break this heart...

by 4everconchordsfan » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:02 pm

This is one of my favorite vids, it makes me laugh every time I see it. She is really cute in this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xybXlUVSYk[/youtube]

and this is so incredibly beautiful
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0DCoy1MrpM[/youtube]
4everconchordsfan
I'm not crying

Previous

Return to Conchordian Cohorts