Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

Frank Wood

Rhys, Kristen, Arj, Taika, Nigel, The Phoenix Foundation, Eugene, Demetri, Aziz and more.

by boomqueen » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:44 pm

[image]

Greg, what is Greg's job? Is he Murrays secretary? Well whatever it is he seems to assist Murray with anything he needs, such as taking photos of the band and getting them tissues...and a friend of Murrays is a friend of mine! I still want to see Greg's party trick that got him in the East Village News lol. Greg is played by Frank Wood who was most recently in the film Dan in Real Life with Steve Carrell and Dane Cook, and he has been in Broadway productions.

Greg moments,

In Bulimic-during the photo shoot:

Jemaine- "Bands don't put their arms up in the air and smile..."

Murray- "I've seen that I've seen musicians do that..."

Bret- "Thats gymnasts Murray.."

Murray- "Is it? Greg is it musicians or gymnasts that...when they.."

Greg- "Gymnasts"

Sally, during the first band meeting of the show:

Greg- "Murray, want you to okay the new subway poster"

Murray- "Oh wow Greg, what about another exclamation mark"

Greg- "I dont think thats necessary"

Murray- "Not necessary, no, good"

Bret Gives Up the Dream:

Greg- "Murray, the uh Prime Ministers office wants to talk to you about the world trade expo next week"

Murray- "Uh, can you tell them I'll ring them straight back I just got a couple business men here"

Greg- "Everybody knows you manage your band during office hours Murray, hey guys"

Jemaine- "Hey Greg"

Greg- "I wear that t-shirt all the time"

Murray- "Hey Greg, we still got mouse pads actually"

Greg- "No thanks Murray"

Murray- "See hopeless..."
boomqueen
You don't have to be a prostitute

by kduf20 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:30 pm

I totally saw Greg in a commercial and was like Holy crap that's greg!
kduf20
Lost but happy at sea

by hellomyfriend » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:52 pm

CALM & CONVINCING
NEW STAR FACES 'AUGUST' STORM
By BARBARA HOFFMAN

[image]

SOME men lead lives of quiet desperation. Frank Wood only plays them.

You may have caught a couple: the jazzman estranged from his wife and child ("Side Man"); the tuber cular man estranged from his wife and child ("Hollywood Arms"), and now, in "August: Osage County," the straying husband ("You're porking Pippi Longstocking!" his wife cries) trying not to be estranged from his child.

In "August" - which won the Tony and just about every other theater award this year - desperation is rarely quiet: It practically raises the roof. Wood, who just stepped into the show, is the exception - the calm in the eye of a storm.

He's pretty much like that offstage, too.

Over the spinach cannelloni at Sardi's, the 48-year-old vegetarian speaks of how accepting the "August" cast has been to its five new players, and how great it was to team with Edie Falco - who played his wife in "Side Man" - in "The Sopranos."

Remember the oily dean of freshmen at Columbia University who tried to shake down Carmela for more money? That would be Wood.

His own father taught at MIT, after working in President Johnson's administration. Young Frank met LBJ once, at a groundbreaking.

"I remember staring at his belt buckle. He said, 'Look up at me, young man!' "

At least LBJ didn't pick him up by his ears, the way he did his dogs.

Wood has no trouble looking up at Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement, the lanky stars of HBO's "Flight of the Conchords."

"They are what they seem on the show" - very unpretentious, says Wood, who plays the hapless office mate of the show's hopeless head of New Zealand's tourist board.

"In one music video, I had to click scissors in time to the music. But the scissors were sticky, and the rhythm was fairly complex - for me, anyway - so Bret stood off camera and did the rhythm with me."

It's not the only time Wood's rhythm's been off. He played all the adult men in "Spring Awakening," but left before it came to Broadway so he could make the film "Dan in Real Life." (No regrets, he insists.)

Just before he started in "August," he and his girlfriend had arranged to volunteer at a camp for orphans in Ethiopia. (He'll leave the show next month for 2½ weeks to do it.)

Wood knows the territory, having volunteered with the 52nd Street Project, acting in plays written by children.

"There's no better acting job in the city," he says. "Working with them is a blast!"

In Ethiopia, he'll help kids ages 5 to 8, many of them HIV positive, learn to tell stories through theater games.

"Arts stimulate our minds and bodies," he says. "It makes our lives more rewarding and enjoyable . . . It can help teach us how to love and be loved."

And it just may ward off that quiet desperation.

source: http://www.nypost.com/seven/07232008/entertainment/theater/calm__convincing_121112.htm
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

by christi » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:50 am

Watched Changeling not to long ago. I was like Holy Crap there's Greg.
christi
Smokin' with an eye that's broken

by Katie » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:14 pm

I want to hug Greg really hard. And then do some awkward dancing with him.
Katie
Totally Fine

by paranoidandroid » Thu May 21, 2009 10:08 am

christi wrote:Watched Changeling not to long ago. I was like Holy Crap there's Greg.

Oh man, I was cracking up! Because he essentially was in the background the same way GREG is! Just kind of... lurking [image]
paranoidandroid
Beneath a willow tree

by peterpan » Thu May 21, 2009 10:51 am

paranoidandroid wrote:
christi wrote:Watched Changeling not to long ago. I was like Holy Crap there's Greg.

Oh man, I was cracking up! Because he essentially was in the background the same way GREG is! Just kind of... lurking [image]

Haha, me and my boyfriend watched it on DVD about a month back. We both shouted GREG!!!! And then he said "Is it musicians Greg, or Gymnasts?" [image]

I thought it was weird how they implied a potential relationship between him and Angelina.

GREG and Angelina.... [image] [image] [image] [image] [image]

[image]
peterpan
Turning white clouds grey

by tanfastic » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:58 pm

Greg on the Progresso soup commercial!!
tanfastic
Let's boom the boom

by gezyka » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:24 pm

tanfastic wrote:Greg on the Progresso soup commercial!!

[image] [image] [image]
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

by Katie » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:47 pm

The other night I spotted Greg playing a doctor in Synecdoche, New York.

I'm kind of surprised I noticed him, as there are about 5 million people in that movie. [image]
Katie
Totally Fine

Return to Conchordian Cohorts