Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

Hamish Blake

Rhys, Kristen, Arj, Taika, Nigel, The Phoenix Foundation, Eugene, Demetri, Aziz and more.

by blondesnotbombs » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:31 am

Venus wrote:I love the more satirical nature of Buzzcocks but of course it does have its laugh out loud, wacky moments! One of my favourite recent episodes is when Tim Minchin hosted and Tim Key and Paloma Faith were guests. ;D

Tim was an awesome host! That was definitely my favorite episode this series. If we could choose a new host out of all the people who have been in that chair since Simon left, I'd go with Tim or Mark Watson. (Mmmmmm...Mark Watson. #drool# )

Venus wrote:Haha, loved the latest Reministmas special! I need to watch Caravans of Courage in its entirety because what I've seen so far has been absolutely hilarious. I did listen to all of their podcasts on Absolute Radio when they did the Caravan of Courage in the UK & Ireland though. #love3#

The Caravans of Courage are hysterical. The UK & Ireland one is great, the US one had me screaming because it was just so close to where I've lived since I left home (I literally moved from the upper left corner of the US to the lower right corner - and things are a lot different down here #lol# ). I listened to the Absolute podcasts a couple of weeks after I'd seen the special and they're great fun.

Speaking of...they're supposed to be doing a show on Absolute later this year, aren't they?
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

by blondesnotbombs » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:33 am

Amily wrote:Hamish just tweeted and I got a little bit of butterflies. #love3#

#stirthepot# HANDS OFF HE'S MINE!
blondesnotbombs

by ajt267 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:48 pm

Can't believe I've only just seen this thread. Guys, you get me into too many obsessions :P #hug#
♫Wear the eyepatch Bret, wear the funky, funky eyepatch!♫
ajt267
Turning white clouds grey

by Venus » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:22 pm

Amily wrote:Does anyone follow Hamish and Andy on Twitter?

I know Vesna does. That's how I found them on there. ;D

#lol# #thumbsup# They're so funny over Twitter, especially when they just bounce off what one of them just tweeted like recently when Andy tweeted about being hit by a van and then Hamish tweeted after that and saying that he hit someone with his Van called Morrison. #lol# They're also on Facebook but it's mainly selected tweets.

blondesnotbombs wrote:Tim was an awesome host! That was definitely my favorite episode this series. If we could choose a new host out of all the people who have been in that chair since Simon left, I'd go with Tim or Mark Watson. (Mmmmmm...Mark Watson. #drool# )

Matt Watson is cute and I agree, they were both great hosts! Tim is practically made for that show! #happyyes#

The Caravans of Courage are hysterical. The UK & Ireland one is great, the US one had me screaming because it was just so close to where I've lived since I left home (I literally moved from the upper left corner of the US to the lower right corner - and things are a lot different down here #lol# ). I listened to the Absolute podcasts a couple of weeks after I'd seen the special and they're great fun.

Haha, awesome I'll definitely check out them out when I can. :)

Speaking of...they're supposed to be doing a show on Absolute later this year, aren't they?

Ooh, really? I didn't know that! I'll definitely look out for more information on this then! I do know that Andy will be joining Hamish in NZ when they're back on air for their new weekly radio show starting on the 4th of Feb so I'll be tuning in to their podcasts. #excited2# Maybe Hamish will reveal more info about Two Little Boys (& particularly working with Bret!) during the show? Could you imagine if Bret actually is a guest on one of their shows too? :o
#heart# Image #heart#
Venus
The day time of the night

by blondesnotbombs » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:34 pm

Venus wrote:

Ooh, really? I didn't know that! I'll definitely look out for more information on this then!

I don't have all of the facts, and I suppose it's possible that Absolute will just be airing the same content that's aired in Australia, but they do have something going on. They have their own page on Absolute's website.

Venus wrote:I do know that Andy will be joining Hamish in NZ when they're back on air for their new weekly radio show starting on the 4th of Feb so I'll be tuning in to their podcasts. #excited2# Maybe Hamish will reveal more info about Two Little Boys (& particularly working with Bret!) during the show? Could you imagine if Bret actually is a guest on one of their shows too? :o

I KNOW. I'm so excited for the show to come back. #excited2# And I've been praying for Bret to make an appearance. OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE. #pray# #pray# #pray# #pray# #pray#
blondesnotbombs

by Venus » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:41 pm

blondesnotbombs wrote:I don't have all of the facts, and I suppose it's possible that Absolute will just be airing the same content that's aired in Australia, but they do have something going on. They have their own page on Absolute's website.

Nice one! I'll keep my eyes peeled for more about their show. Thanks for the info!

Venus wrote:I KNOW. I'm so excited for the show to come back. #excited2# And I've been praying for Bret to make an appearance. OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE. #pray# #pray# #pray# #pray# #pray#

This has got to happen!! #pray# #pray# #pray# #pray# #pray# #pray#
#heart# Image #heart#
Venus
The day time of the night

by onlyalways » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:28 pm

I've been listening to the past several weeks worth of their podcasts, but I have to admit I am addicted to Random John! #rofl# #heart#

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Lm1QEtJfU[/youtube]

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by blondesnotbombs » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:35 pm

#redlove# I LOVE RANDOM JOHN. #redlove#
blondesnotbombs

by emira » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:34 pm

Yesterday I watched their show on tv here (I'm in Australia now, you know? :P ). It was live from NYC and after an hour I was so exhausted from laughing. I must confess, I have a major crush on Hamish after that show. I even had a dream last night with him! I'm afraid to go through this thread again, because as Antonia had said, you get me into too many obsessions. #lol# #inlove#

#bounce# #blowkiss#
emira
You can't break this heart...

by emira » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:47 pm

That's the episode I watched

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TMmvEJ9tW0[/youtube]

3:12 Hamish & Andy making people's dreams come true:
5:10 - TMNT, 5:59 - Statue of Liberty, 6:58 - Vesey Street, 7:13 - T-shirts, 7:33 - paper aeroplane off the empire state building, 8:16 - Tiffany and Co., 10:45 - "Friends" title scene, 11:16 - stickball, 12:11 - broadway, 13:03 - M&Ms, 13:22 - The Magnolia Bakery, 13:55 - Katz's Deli/When Harry Met Sally scene, 14:35 - Rap video, 15:01 - Crocodile Dundee re-enactment, 18:21 - pizza burger/Central Park lap, and 20:20 man-love.
24:55 Andy Lee's parents
28:30 Chateau Poochie in Florida (dog hotel)
35:01 Ryan Shelton - Broadway
37:10 To Do. (Hilary Clinton BBQ)
42:30 Prank on Cacklin' Jack

The whole making people's dreams come true was hilarious, but my favourite was "15:01 - Crocodile Dundee re-enactment" - watch this just to see how cute is embarrassed Hamish. #love3# #rofl#
I loved him as Andy's dad - 24:55 Andy Lee's parents and the dog hotel is so hot.

So, I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did.
emira

by emira » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:12 am

Hamish proposed to Zoe in NEW ZEALAND #inlove#

I LOVE HIM #fit# #inlove# #fit#
emira

by emira » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:11 am

emira

by blondesnotbombs » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:23 am

I read that earlier on tumblr. It's really lovely. #inlove# Lucky Zoe! They seem perfect for each other.
blondesnotbombs

by blondesnotbombs » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:17 pm

Hamish Blake wins 2012 Gold Logie!! #cheer# I am not Australian and know nothing about these awards, but I've been led to believe that they're a pretty big deal. So, congratulations to Hamish! #excited2#
blondesnotbombs

by emira » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:21 pm

blondesnotbombs wrote:Hamish Blake wins 2012 Gold Logie!! #cheer# I am not Australian and know nothing about these awards, but I've been led to believe that they're a pretty big deal. So, congratulations to Hamish! #excited2#

Same. I heard it's like Emmys, so yay! #excited#
emira

PreviousNext

Return to Conchordian Cohorts