Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

SP20 Comedy Night

Rhys, Kristen, Arj, Taika, Nigel, The Phoenix Foundation, Eugene, Demetri, Aziz and more.

by boomqueen » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:12 pm

Ok so I am posting a separate thread for this so that these pics and vids might actually get attention.

The comedy night was a blast and we were lucky enough to meet Todd Barry, David Cross, and Patton Oswalt!!

We all tooks pics and I took a David Cross video!

I hope the rest of the Flighties in attendance don't mind me posting all of the pics because I have no idea which ones are mine lol.

Marquis
[image]

Kristen hosted...

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Todd Barry opened...
[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Then Eugene Mirman...
[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Then Patton Oswalt...
[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

And David Cross Closed the Show...
[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Here we are meeting everyone after the show :)

Todd!
[image]

David ;D
[image]

Patton!! Super Cool Dude!
[image]

boomqueen
You don't have to be a prostitute

by boomqueen » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:15 pm

Ok now I just have to upload my video of David Cross!!

I have one of Kristen too but it's mid joke and kind of hard to hear so I don't think there is a point in posting it. If anyone else has video's they want to post from the comedy night I'll leave that to you :)

boomqueen

by chloe » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:22 pm

Hey, is it ok if I save the three "group shot" photos to my harddrive for my own personal use? Otherwise, awesome shots! :D
chloe
The Unf! Fairy

by boomqueen » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:26 pm

Of course chloe! All this pics are to be shared amongst us like they are our own lol
boomqueen

by Amily » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:36 pm

I hate my eyes!
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by ines » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:36 pm

aw this picture just makes me so happy! you all look so beautiful with the third conchord and that guy i recognize from somewhere!
I hope one day i can meet you all too!
Come to LA!
ines
The day time of the night

by boomqueen » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:39 pm

Ok Here's my 10 minute David Cross video. It might be hard to understand if I don't tell you in advance that his show keeps getting interrupted by a baby.

boomqueen

by giggletycoon » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:39 pm

So cool that you got to meet all these people! As a big comedy nerd, I'm so excited that you guys got to see them.

What was David Cross like in person? I love most of his work, like Arrested Development and Mr. Show (I was obsessed with Mr. Show in high school), but he always struck me as not that nice. Like he might think I was dumb or make fun of me or something? I don't know, I just think that I would be so intimidated to meet him. I'm intersted to know what it was like.
giggletycoon

by boomqueen » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:41 pm

He was nice. You could tell he seemed uncomfortable and maybe not up for it but he signed mine and sin's cd's and took a pic with us...so how bad could he be really? lol

He was nice...just not really talkative
boomqueen

by talkingstove » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:47 pm

God, you could tell I was super nervous in all of those photos. I don't know man, perhaps this shy girl from the prairies was a little starstruck?! Lol!
talkingstove
Turning white clouds grey

by giggletycoon » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:52 pm

That's good to hear. I don't really know why I thought he wouldn't be nice. Even though I love a lot of comedians, there are very few that i think i would be comfortable meeting. I guess it's because a lot of them cultivate a certain persona onstage that isn't very welcoming? I don't know, lol. I probably would be afraid of Todd Barry too.

I would love to meet the conchords, of course, and their stage personas are very warm. I wouldn't exactly classify them as comedians though, what they do is quite different from standup.\

Anyway, nice to see you had a good night at the comedy show!
giggletycoon

by Amily » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:55 pm

David was nice but I was SUPER intimidated by him.. so much so that I was scared to even go close to him. I think I managed to get out a thank you when we were done taking the photo. Patton and Todd were so easy to talk to... and I might add that Patton was totally hitting on us. ;D
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by ohjeez » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:03 am

awesome photos! i'm so happy [and jealous might i add] that you guys got to meet them all!

kristen looks so cute!
ohjeez
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by ladytronzapatista » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:26 am

Wooooow I look like a floozy in those shots. I guess my style was appropriate given what Patton was saying about us.

"All these ladies can be yours on CARNIVAL CRUISES!!!"
ladytronzapatista
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by sharona65 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:36 am

yep, patton and todd were both very easy to chat with. for me, talking to patton was a breeze since i had an opener...he had done a joke about the safety video they show you on american airlines, which i had literally seen on my flight just the day before! so, of course, i had to bring it up. ;D

david cross was pretty much like the other girls said, very nice, but didn't seem like he was is in the mood for chatting. he did ask about my tattoo, and said he thot it was cool......and then i was a jackhole and totally embarrassed myself. convo went something like this:

dc: what's that tattoo?
me: oh, it's a lizard *shows off forearm*
dc: ah, that's cool
me: heh heh. yeah, my lizard. you wanna touch my lizard? *holds arm out*
dc: *pokes my arm*

then we huddled for the group pic, and i walked away thinking "omg. did i really just say that?! i'm such a jackhole!"
sharona65

Next

Return to Conchordian Cohorts