Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

James Bobin

Rhys, Kristen, Arj, Taika, Nigel, The Phoenix Foundation, Eugene, Demetri, Aziz and more.

by sargifster » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:53 am

Release date for the new Muppets movie:

December 25th 2011
sargifster
Administrator

by gezyka » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:04 am

sargifster wrote:Release date for the new Muppets movie:

December 25th 2011

It'll be like Christmas!! :D

oh. :P

[image] [image] [image]
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

by chrissycubana » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:54 am

gezyka wrote:
sargifster wrote:Release date for the new Muppets movie:

December 25th 2011

It'll be like Christmas!! :D

oh. :P

[image] [image] [image]

[image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image]
[image] [image] [image] [image] [image]

"If there's one thing I can't stand, it's plagiarism."

"Suddenly, playing with yourself is a scholarly pursuit."
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

by Amily » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:02 pm

I've always wondered when movies are released on Christmas Day, do a lot of people actually go to the movies ON Christmas Day? That just seems weird to me but maybe it isn't? [image]
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by Katie » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:06 pm

Amily wrote:I've always wondered when movies are released on Christmas Day, do a lot of people actually go to the movies ON Christmas Day? That just seems weird to me but maybe it isn't? [image]

I've done it a few times. It used to be kind of a tradition for my brother and me. We would do presents and early dinner with the family and then there was nothing to do that night, so we'd go see a movie. ;D
Katie
Totally Fine

by gezyka » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:13 pm

Amily wrote:I've always wondered when movies are released on Christmas Day, do a lot of people actually go to the movies ON Christmas Day? That just seems weird to me but maybe it isn't? [image]

[image] It's a popular thing to do in the US later that day when you're done with all the Christmas stuff. :P Most businesses are closed otherwise. [image]

Also, I think it's a strategy to get a lot of ticket sales in that first weekend of release since most people get a couple days off for the holiday, some even with the week off between Christmas and NYE.

And then there's the whole thing where people might remember a movie better (think of movie awards) if it was released at the end of the year. However, I don't really know what I'm talking about, just speculating. [image]
gezyka

by onlyalways » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:21 pm

I did it for the first time last year when I went to see Sherlock Holmes.

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by gezyka » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:16 pm

A little Muppet movie update... :)

Zach Galifianakis Joins The New Muppets Movie
Posted on Tuesday, October 26th, 2010 by Germain Lussier

The Muppets have taken Manhattan, followed that bird, been to Treasure Island, space and more. Now it seems their Christmas 2011 film might end up Between Two Ferns. A very famous source confirmed that Zach Galifianakis will be “doing a couple days” in the currently Untitled Muppets Movie co-written and staring Muppet super fan Jason Segel. Amy Adams, Rashida Jones and Chris Cooper are all also in the James Bobin (Flight of the Conchords) directed film which will be about Segel’s character, and a brand new Muppet, trying to save the Muppet Studios. The source for the Galifianakis news? None other than Iron Man himself, Robert Downey Jr.

During an interview with E! Online promoting Due Date, Robert Downey Jr. haphazardly let the news slip that The Hangover 2 comedian will be appearing in the film.

“So you’re doing a couple days on the Muppets movie?” Downey asks. Galifianakis’ face then drops as if to say, “You are no longer a member of my wolfpack!” But he says nothing. Downey continues by saying, “You are. You heard it here first” to the delight of Ben Lyons of E! Check out the clip below.

(click here to watch)

Entertainment Weekly called Galifianakis’ people to confirm but they would only say he’s “talking about it.” But if he’s “talking about it” to Robert Downey Jr. to a point where Downey is confident enough to blurt out the news, I’d count that as a much more credible source than anyone’s management.

Galifianakis has previous worked with The Muppets in the below video created by the band OK Go!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHK0JVAqQgE[/youtube]

As seen there, the Muppets are simultaneously family friendly and subversively sly so Galifanakis, whose humor is similarly dichotomous, seems like a perfect addition to the film. However, don’t get the Untitled Muppet Movie mixed up with Happytime Murders, which Lionsgate recently purchased. That’s the noir Muppet movie which is still in script form. The Untitled Muppet Movie stars filming soon.

As news continues to leak about next year’s Muppet movie, do your expectations continue to grow?

Source

#excited# #excited2# #excited# #excited2# #excited# #excited2# #excited# #excited2# #excited#
gezyka

by chrissycubana » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:06 pm

gezyka wrote:A little Muppet movie update... :)

As news continues to leak about next year’s Muppet movie, do your expectations continue to grow?

Source

#excited# #excited2# #excited# #excited2# #excited# #excited2# #excited# #excited2# #excited#

yes, yes reporter person, my expectations DO continue to grow!!!

i LOVE that okgo vid!!!! #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited#

chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

by chrissycubana » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:19 pm

from the daily what

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

by Amily » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:05 am

Muppet Update: Paul Rudd NOT the voice of Walter the Muppet (says @TheInSneider) - but Kristen Schaal has been mentioned as the Moderator.

Source

#aziz#
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by Amily » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:59 pm

This movie just keeps on getting better! #excited#

EXCLUSIVE: Ricky Gervais, Emily Blunt Sneak Into Muppets Movie
6:33 PM 12/1/2010 by Borys Kit

Ricky Gervais and Emily Blunt are the latest high-profile celebrities to join the growing list of cameos in Disney’s new Muppets movie.

The duo are joining a lineup that includes such names as Alan Arkin, Jack Black, Billy Crystal, Zach Galifianakis and Jean-Claude Van Damme, all of whom have bit parts in the story which sees the Muppets reunite to put on a show in order to save their movie studio from a developer.

James Bobin is directing the pic, which is currently shooting in various locales around Los Angeles. Jason Segel, who wrote the script with Nicholas Stoller, is the human lead while Amy Adams, Chris Cooper and Rashida Jones are among the human actors in key roles.

The roles the duo are playing are being kept under wraps.

Gervais, repped by WME and United Agents, was last seen in Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonium.

Blunt, repped by CAA and Ken McReddie Associates, next appears in Gulliver’s Travels with Jack Black.

Source
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by chrissycubana » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:00 am

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

woah.

also - amy adams is going to be in the film?!?!! i LOVE HER!!!!

#excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited#

chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

by emira » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:36 pm

The Muppets Moved Up to Thanksgiving
Source: The Walt Disney Studios
December 8, 2010

The Walt Disney Studios announced today that it has moved the release date for its upcoming The Muppets from December 25, 2011 to November 23, 2011.

Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie the Bear, Gonzo, Animal and the rest of the gang will reunite in theaters just in time for the 2011 Thanksgiving holiday weekend.

"Disney has had incredible success opening films over the Thanksgiving weekend, and thanks to 'Tangled,' we have the top three Thanksgiving openers of all time," said Chuck Viane, president of global distribution for Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. "I have spoken with The Muppets, and we all agreed this comedy is a great fit for the holiday 2011 time frame."

Directed by James Bobin from a script by Jason Segelk and Nicholas Stoller, the family film stars Segel, Amy Adams, Chris Cooper, Rashida Jones, Alan Arkin, Jack Black, Billy Crystal, Zach Galifianakis, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Ricky Gervais and Emily Blunt.

source

#excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited# #excited#
emira
You can't break this heart...

by gezyka » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:15 pm

I had to think about where to put this, but it only mentions James. #lol#

2011 Movie Preview: 'The Muppets'
The gang gets back together, with some new friends, in the Nov. 23 release.

By Gina McIntyre, Los Angeles Times
January 16, 2011

Backstage at the old Muppet Theater, Kermit the Frog is manning his usual station, thanking his hardworking troupe — which, in this case, includes his assistant Scooter, a couple of penguins and at least one chicken — and reminding them that rehearsals begin the next morning at 9 sharp.

As the colorful characters film take after take for their return to the silver screen, you'd never guess it's been more than a decade since the Muppets were gearing up to put on a show for moviegoers (their most recent feature was 1999's "Muppets in Space"). Inside a soundstage at Universal Studios, Kermit always hits his mark, and he even manages to try different line readings for director James Bobin ("Flight of the Conchords") before the team disperses for a short break.

Set for release Nov. 23, "The Muppets" sees best friends Gary ( Jason Segel) and Walter, a die-hard fan of Kermit and the gang, venture from Smalltown, USA, to Los Angeles to tour the old Muppet Theater, which has fallen into disrepair after years of disuse. After they overhear the sinister Tex Richman ( Chris Cooper) divulge his secret plan to tear down the historic venue to drill for oil, Walter and Gary (and Gary's girlfriend, Mary, played by Amy Adams) decide that they must help reunite the Muppets to save the building.

Between takes, Kermit says this new movie (the troupe's seventh) has given him a chance to resurrect classic material — he does a reprise of his trademark song "The Rainbow Connection" at one point — but also to demonstrate his range as an actor.

"People are used to seeing my being silly, but I'm very dramatic in this movie," he says. "The film is about the Muppets trying to get back together after having been split for many, many years. It's just a movie, of course, but I had to play this very seriously as though that had actually happened. It's easy to imagine what life would be like without all my friends around, so I sort of Method acted off of that."

With Walter and Gary and Mary, Kermit has several new friends, but Segel just might be the most enthusiastic. The actor, who co-wrote "The Muppets" with his "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" director Nicholas Stoller, has been a lifelong fan of the late Jim Henson's creations.

"Walter's like me when I was a kid," Segel said. "His dream has always been to meet the Muppets because they're the only people in the world he's ever seen that are like him.... It was neat to create such an innocent character, he's pure and naive."

For his part, Kermit has only kind words for his costars. He says Segel's "a big kid," adding that "the only problem is he's very tall, so I have to do most of my scenes standing on boxes. He's 6-foot-3, 6-foot-4, and I'm only about 18 inches high."

He also thinks Walter's got a bright future ahead of him. "He's new to our group," Kermit says. "Walter is a nice guy, he's a very young, talented guy."

But mostly he's just excited to have a chance to make movies again. "Not only is it a big project but we get to be big on the screen," Kermit says. "It's good for all of us except Piggy. She's not crazy about being any bigger."

Source

#love3# #excited2# #love3#
gezyka

PreviousNext

Return to Conchordian Cohorts