Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

James Bobin

Rhys, Kristen, Arj, Taika, Nigel, The Phoenix Foundation, Eugene, Demetri, Aziz and more.

by Katie » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:51 pm

gezyka wrote:
hellomyfriend wrote:No one ever posts in James' thread. He should leak some nudes to increase his view count. :)

ALSO: Although I know the "s" possessive commonly rejects the second "s," I hate that custom with a fiery hot passion. Strunk and White agree with me. Why can't society? It's James's, dammit.

[image] [image] [image]

I've conformed with society. :-[ But sometimes I'm so weirded out by it that I actually will write something like, "No one ever posts in the thread of James." [image]

[image]

I like to remedy this by referring to him as Jamesy. Problem solved! I hope there are more posts in Jamesy's thread soon. [image]
Katie
Totally Fine

by gezyka » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:00 pm

Katie wrote:
gezyka wrote:
[image] [image] [image]

I've conformed with society. :-[ But sometimes I'm so weirded out by it that I actually will write something like, "No one ever posts in the thread of James." [image]

[image]

I like to remedy this by referring to him as Jamesy. Problem solved! I hope there are more posts in Jamesy's thread soon. [image]

Awwwwww!! [image]
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

by onlyalways » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:46 am

[image] [image] Congrats James with the Emmy nominations!! [image] [image]

The "Stay Cool Bret" dance scene was amazing!! I can't wait for the world to see it!

[image] [image] [image]

We must be good at guitar... we're not that good.

tumblr | twitter
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

by blondesnotbombs » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:36 am

James' directing nomination is the only one I'm really excited about. Especially since it's for The Tough Brets. The Magnolia-inspired Hurt Feelings reprise is still my favorite sequence of the entire series.

Good luck, James! [image] [image]
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

by chrissycubana » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:26 am

i am so freakin excited for james too!!!

he sooooo deserves the honoUr!

seems like forcing the guys to wake up early and stick around the "office" until 6 paid off - thanks james!!!

(here are some pics with him from the LA show. meeting him was truly one of the highlights of the evening for me. i'm so glad ines had the courage to call him over to us for pictures :) )

[image]

[image]

[image]

"If there's one thing I can't stand, it's plagiarism."

"Suddenly, playing with yourself is a scholarly pursuit."
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

by sargifster » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:33 pm

Flight of the Conchords Co-Creator May Direct the New Muppet Movie

The Flight of the Conchords may be permanently grounded at HBO, but one of its guiding forces may soon help the Muppets take flight. Vulture has learned that James Bobin, who co-created the critically praised, ratings-challenged, and now-defunct cable show, is being offered the director's chair today on Walt Disney Pictures’ next Muppet movie. A Disney insider tells Vulture that while no deal has been finalized, "the movie is James' to direct — if he wants it." Neither the studio nor Bobin's reps at Creative Artists would comment, but involved sources say that the plan is to put the film into production by late summer.

However, complicating matters is that Bobin has a second offer coming in today: He’s being wooed by Universal to direct Bridesmaids, a Judd Apatow comedy co-written by Saturday Night Live’s Kristen Wiig about two women battling to plan their friend’s wedding party. While it would seem that a guy associated with a song entitled, “Too Many Dicks (on the Dance Floor)” would gravitate toward an Apatow raunchfest, a home run with the fun-for-all-ages Muppets has the potential to be a much bigger hit and career boost for a director who has largely dealt in niche favorites.

And it’s not like he’d be dealing solely in kiddie humor. The original Muppet Show was envisioned by Jim Henson as an adult show that was suitable for kids, and Bobin's hiring is in keeping with that ethic; he was also a writer on Da Ali G Show. The script, intended to revitalize the franchise, was co-written by known puppetphile Jason Segel and his Forgetting Sarah Marshall director Nicholas Stoller. (Perhaps the new Muppet movie will begin with five minutes of full-frontal Gonzo nudity?) Stoller was originally supposed to direct the Muppet movie, but he was too busy doing postproduction on the Russell Brand Marshall spinoff, Get Him to the Greek, as well as prepping to direct a new Zac Efron movie at Warner Bros.

Source

sargifster
Administrator

by chrissycubana » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:36 pm

sargifster wrote:

Flight of the Conchords Co-Creator May Direct the New Muppet Movie

The Flight of the Conchords may be permanently grounded at HBO, but one of its guiding forces may soon help the Muppets take flight. Vulture has learned that James Bobin, who co-created the critically praised, ratings-challenged, and now-defunct cable show, is being offered the director's chair today on Walt Disney Pictures’ next Muppet movie. A Disney insider tells Vulture that while no deal has been finalized, "the movie is James' to direct — if he wants it." Neither the studio nor Bobin's reps at Creative Artists would comment, but involved sources say that the plan is to put the film into production by late summer.

However, complicating matters is that Bobin has a second offer coming in today: He’s being wooed by Universal to direct Bridesmaids, a Judd Apatow comedy co-written by Saturday Night Live’s Kristen Wiig about two women battling to plan their friend’s wedding party. While it would seem that a guy associated with a song entitled, “Too Many Dicks (on the Dance Floor)” would gravitate toward an Apatow raunchfest, a home run with the fun-for-all-ages Muppets has the potential to be a much bigger hit and career boost for a director who has largely dealt in niche favorites.

And it’s not like he’d be dealing solely in kiddie humor. The original Muppet Show was envisioned by Jim Henson as an adult show that was suitable for kids, and Bobin's hiring is in keeping with that ethic; he was also a writer on Da Ali G Show. The script, intended to revitalize the franchise, was co-written by known puppetphile Jason Segel and his Forgetting Sarah Marshall director Nicholas Stoller. (Perhaps the new Muppet movie will begin with five minutes of full-frontal Gonzo nudity?) Stoller was originally supposed to direct the Muppet movie, but he was too busy doing postproduction on the Russell Brand Marshall spinoff, Get Him to the Greek, as well as prepping to direct a new Zac Efron movie at Warner Bros.

Source

[image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image]

[image] [image] [image] [image] JAMES!!! [image] [image] [image] [image] [image]

this is totally and absolutely EPIC WIN right here!!!

i am voting for the muppet movie... i mean, come ON... do we REALLY need yet ANOTHER wedding movie?????*

ugh.

the muppets, on the other hand NEVER get old.

i wish james had a twitter page so that i could go squee on it!

*tea drinking smiley* [image]

*but if he chose to direct this one, i would still go to see it for him :)

chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

by sargifster » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:44 pm

chrissycubana wrote:
i wish james had a twitter page so that i could go squee on it!

*tea drinking smiley* [image]

For Chrissy ----> [image] [image]
sargifster
Administrator

by sargifster » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:59 pm

An idea by someone:

Miss Piggy falling for Bret and Jemaine could actually be pretty hilarious.

Source

[image]

[image]

[image] [image] [image] [image] [image]

sargifster
Administrator

by Red » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:52 am

[image] I guess it's official now! [image]

James Bobin to direct Muppet movie
'Conchords' co-creator chose pic over 'Bridesmaids'
By MARC GRASER

The next Muppet movie will sing with "Flight of the Conchords" co-creator James Bobin at the helm.

Bobin chose the pic over "Bridesmaids," a Judd Apatow-produced comedy in development at Universal.

Disney has long been looking to get another installment of the Muppet franchise on the bigscreen and sparked to a script by Jason Segal and Nicholas Stoller.

Mandeville's David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman will produce.

The plot is being kept under wraps, but "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" helmers Phil Lord and Chris Miller had also been considered to direct.

Property is expected to be one of the first to get the greenlight under Rich Ross and production prexy Sean Bailey. The Muppets brand fits in well with the studio's mandate to produce more Disney-branded fare that can be exploited across various company divisions.

Source
Red
Turning white clouds grey

by accordions » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:45 am

[image] [image] [image]

I think most people have a soft spot for the Muppets, and hopefully it'll have a good dose of Conchord-style humour involved [image]
accordions
Bowie's in space

by chrissycubana » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:50 pm

[image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image]

*glomps james*

[image] + [image]

and the idea of miss piggy as a "mel" is perfect!

ps - thx sarah for the tea-drinking smiley [image] [image]

chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

by hellomyfriend » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:58 am

Red wrote:
[image] I guess it's official now! [image]

James Bobin to direct Muppet movie
'Conchords' co-creator chose pic over 'Bridesmaids'
By MARC GRASER

The next Muppet movie will sing with "Flight of the Conchords" co-creator James Bobin at the helm.

Bobin chose the pic over "Bridesmaids," a Judd Apatow-produced comedy in development at Universal.

Disney has long been looking to get another installment of the Muppet franchise on the bigscreen and sparked to a script by Jason Segal and Nicholas Stoller.

Mandeville's David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman will produce.

The plot is being kept under wraps, but "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" helmers Phil Lord and Chris Miller had also been considered to direct.

Property is expected to be one of the first to get the greenlight under Rich Ross and production prexy Sean Bailey. The Muppets brand fits in well with the studio's mandate to produce more Disney-branded fare that can be exploited across various company divisions.

Source

Best news ever. [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image]
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

by gezyka » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:23 pm

I kept getting emails about this while away! So excited! [image]
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

by Amily » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:30 pm

Jason Segel’s Muppet Movie Details Revealed
Tuesday, February 9, 2010 5:05PM By Krystal Clark

[image]

Ever since his hilarious performance in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, we’ve come to realize that Jason Segel has a thing for puppets. After the hype from the film simmered down it was confirmed that the actor actually was hired to work on The Muppets new movie. A few weeks ago we reported that “Flight of the Conchords” co-creator James Bobin was on board to direct the screenplay written by Segel, and now we’ve got some details on what the film’s story will be all about.

Over at The Playlist, they’ve managed to uncover some major plot details for the Muppets movie reboot, and it doesn’t sound that bad. The script was previously titled, The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made, but it’s now being called, The Greatest Muppet Movie of All Time. That sounds like a hard title to live up to, so let’s see if the story matches the premise. Here’s the rundown on the basic plot summary.

The Greatest Muppet Movie of All Time is about Gary, Mary, and Walter (a man, his girlfriend, and the man’s life-long nondescript, brown puppet best friend) getting the old Muppet gang — now retired entertainers known for the same Muppet show we know them from — together to save the TV studio that the original show was shot in. A villain, Tex Richman (nice name, on par with Doc Hopper), bent on drilling for oil underneath the studio, is due to take over the studio in weeks and the only way to stop him? Putting on a show that draws ten million viewers.

I wonder who’s going to play the main human characters besides Segel? You have to admit it sounds like we’re going back to the Jim Henson roots that made the old Muppet films so classic. The only problem might be the film’s tone. I’m sure this won’t be full of toilet humor, but can Segel write a funny family friendly comedy with dropping the F-bomb?

Source: http://screencrave.com/2010-02-09/jason-segels-muppet-movie-details-revealed/
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Conchordian Cohorts