Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

Live version of SelloTape!

The place for gigs from 2007 and earlier as well as the ones that don't really fit anywhere.

by step0nmi » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:32 pm

omg you guys! I think this is the ONLY live version I've seen of Sello Tape! :o please post more here if there are some!
now I can see why they switched from bret to jemaine on the 'search round the roll' part...sorry bretrosexuals :P (maybe bret was just having a bad night? :-[ ) and Jemaine is OBER sexy in those red colored glasses...yum! ;)

step0nmi

by hellomyfriend » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:35 pm

Bret has the voice of an angel! I'll assume he had a cold.

*giving Bret-y herbal tea*

Or that he was singing like that on purpose.

*appreciating Bret-y*

Wait a sec ... they never switched parts, did they? Doesn't Bret always sing that part? I need to check "Folk the World." ???

hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

by sunnyringo » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:41 pm

step0nmi wrote:now I can see why they switched from bret to jemaine on the 'search round the roll' part...sorry bretrosexuals :P (maybe bret was just having a bad night? :-[ )

Did they change it? I've never heard Jemaine sing that part, and I have quite a few different versions of them doing it.

Bret always starts wailing on that one, and every once in a while it gets the best of him. It's all part of the fun of a live performance.
sunnyringo

by hellomyfriend » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:43 pm

Yup ... on "Folk the World," Bret sings the same part.

Bret also sings the fingernail part in "Yoko."

Where does Jemaine sing that part? I don't think I've ever heard him sing it. ???

ADD: You *knew* the Breteros would be all over this thread, didn't you? SheWolf had to learn the hard way about Bret-dissing. :P
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

by sunnyringo » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:03 pm

hellomyfriend wrote:Yup ... on "Folk the World," Bret sings the same part.

Bret also sings the fingernail part in "Yoko."

Where does Jemaine sing that part? I don't think I've ever heard him sing it. ???

I got really curious, so I went through every different version I have of the song (17!!) and they're all Bret. Now I'm really interested in hearing Jemaine sing it. I feel like I'm missing out on something big!

And there is a really good video of them doing the song at one of the SF shows (it's one of my favorites from the tour), but I don't have a link handy at the moment and I can't search because I'm about to watch the first Dexter episode from the new season. Priorities! I haz them. ;)
sunnyringo

by ohjeez » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:16 pm

I LOVE THIS VIDEO

if only because of the sing a long at the end. i'm jealous of those of you who got to participate in this.
ohjeez
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by step0nmi » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:31 pm

ahhh...I think what I 'meant' was that they 'added' jemaine to that part :-[ :P I'm a dork! and yes...I was just trying to tease you guys ;D it sounds better in harmony...meaning BOTH of them singing ;)
step0nmi

by sunnyringo » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:46 pm

ohjeez wrote:if only because of the sing a long at the end. i'm jealous of those of you who got to participate in this.

We got to sing along in Chicago. ;D It was one of my very favorite moments of the night. It's so cool to hear a sold out theater full of people singing about the tape of love.
sunnyringo

by thedistantfuture » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:46 pm

Jemaine looks like he took some acids in the first video.
thedistantfuture

by Amily » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:48 pm

sunnyringo wrote: I can't search because I'm about to watch the first Dexter episode from the new season. Priorities! I haz them. ;)

OMG! I'm a bad Dexter luver. I didn't know the new season was starting already! Must. go. look. at . tv. listings!
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by boomqueen » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:48 am

hmm...it says the new season doesn't start until Sept 28th
boomqueen
You don't have to be a prostitute

by sharona65 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:53 pm

ok, leave it me to say the dirty things...

during all the "c'mons" that bret sings in that first vid, i've always kind of imagined that that's what his sex face would look like! ;D

sunnyringo wrote:
ohjeez wrote:if only because of the sing a long at the end. i'm jealous of those of you who got to participate in this.

We got to sing along in Chicago. ;D It was one of my very favorite moments of the night. It's so cool to hear a sold out theater full of people singing about the tape of love.

yis!! that was one of my favorite parts of the show as well!! and, really, one of my favorite moments in life!! :D i kind of almost teared up at just how awesome it was!
sharona65

by hellomyfriend » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:57 pm

sharona65 wrote:ok, leave it me to say the dirty things...

during all the "c'mons" that bret sings in that first vid, i've always kind of imagined that that's what his sex face would look like! ;D ...

*re-watching video*
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

by sharona65 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:03 pm

hellomyfriend wrote:
sharona65 wrote:ok, leave it me to say the dirty things...

during all the "c'mons" that bret sings in that first vid, i've always kind of imagined that that's what his sex face would look like! ;D ...

*re-watching video*

well, one of many sex faces, that is......"c'mon sin! c'mon sin!"...that's how i hear it. ;D
sharona65

by emira » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:28 am

From the same show in NZ TV - Frodo

emira
You can't break this heart...

Next

Return to Conchords Live!