Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

July 12 - SP20 Festival

2008 North American tour and all other 2008 gigs here.

by SheWolf » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:33 am

My first thought was why does Jemaine look hairier than usual then I realized that the top button gave way. I'm not going to comment on the close up pic of his belt. No. I'm not.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the girl with the sunglasses on her head before in another flickr pic from an earlier gig on the tour.

I'm so glad those were backstage pix. ;)
SheWolf
Let's boom the boom

by heidi » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:34 pm

OMG! Ami! I think I met you! I was at the SP20 with my best friend. They were trying to kick us out and saw that you guys weren't leaving, and we sought your insight in our desperation to met bret and jemaine. We were those really giddy/strange girls. I'm sorry if I slightly irritating and was saying weird things. I will blame it on my conchord high.
heidi
I'm not crying

by Amily » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:29 am

LOL omg Heidi!!! I remember you!!! Hahaha that's soooo weird and for the record I did not think you guys were strange... giddy, yes but I think we all were. :P
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by heidi » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:07 pm

lol that's good to hear

and for the record, I was really jealous of your guys' shirts.
heidi
I'm not crying

by step0nmi » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:03 pm

awwwwwW! Flighties meeting before they became flighty friends! soo cool! :P yes, I'm a nerd.
step0nmi

by Amily » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:18 pm

heidi wrote:lol that's good to hear

and for the record, I was really jealous of your guys' shirts.

LOL well you don't have to be jealous now... next time you can make a shirt cuz you're a Flighty now! Hehe I remember after we left you guys Jess and I were talking about how we wished we would have told you to join the board but our sweet So Cal Flighties took care of that for us. Hehe I still think it's so cool that we met there... I can't remember, did you guys come around to the back of the stage area with us too?
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by heidi » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:11 pm

no we didn't. I was all ready to be a creep and look for an alternate entrance to the backstage or lurk in the trees, but my friend was not so keen. I guess she hoped to make a good first impression if we ever met them and that would not have been it. She was my ride, so what could I do?

but, yeah I'm so grateful that the So Cal flighties directed me here!
heidi
I'm not crying

by ladytronzapatista » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:10 pm

heidi wrote:no we didn't. I was all ready to be a creep and look for an alternate entrance to the backstage or lurk in the trees, but my friend was not so keen. I guess she hoped to make a good first impression if we ever met them and that would not have been it. She was my ride, so what could I do?

but, yeah I'm so grateful that the So Cal flighties directed me here!

Yeah, we totally went there. :) But alas, we just ended up hanging with Todd Barry (again.)

Were you the girls directly behind us that first commented on Ami and Jess's shirts?
ladytronzapatista
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by Amily » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:13 pm

Fallon they were the girls we ended up standing and talking to after the show ended, when the cops were trying to kick everyone out. ;D

NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by ladytronzapatista » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:27 pm

Amily wrote:Fallon they were the girls we ended up standing and talking to after the show ended, when the cops were trying to kick everyone out. ;D

AH! Wait, are they also the people that we ran into again at the 7-11, or am I thinking of someone else?
ladytronzapatista

by heidi » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:35 pm

Fallon wrote:
Amily wrote:Fallon they were the girls we ended up standing and talking to after the show ended, when the cops were trying to kick everyone out. ;D

AH! Wait, are they also the people that we ran into again at the 7-11, or am I thinking of someone else?

hahahahahahahaha, yeah that was definitely someone else. But you guys got to hang out with todd barry? bah! I'm jealous. I should have lurked in the trees.
heidi
I'm not crying

by ladytronzapatista » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:10 am

Yeah, he kinda stood by us and played on his blackberry while waiting for the shuttle, just chillin' out by the dark, dark woodsy backstage entrance.

We pretty much saw everyone and their mother by the entrance, except of course for you-know-who.

ladytronzapatista

by heidi » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:54 pm

of course. Goodness, they do love to tease us.
heidi
I'm not crying

by emira » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:11 am

Someone got little nostalgic as well and uploaded a bunch of photos from this gig. Here are some of them:

Here is the full set.
emira
You can't break this heart...

by Amily » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:07 pm

emira wrote:Someone got little nostalgic as well and uploaded a bunch of photos from this gig.

That was me. #wave# Didn't think people would find them that fast but I should have known eh! #lol# #glomp#

Most of the pics are actually already in this thread... just not edited as nice as they are now. :)

(or as nice as they possibly could be for the crappy camera I had back then)
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to 2008 North American Tour