Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

July 12 - SP20 Festival

2008 North American tour and all other 2008 gigs here.

by boomqueen » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:34 pm

Complete Sub Pop 20th BDay Festival info
From my inbox:

SUB POP RECORDS' 20TH ANNIVERSARY BRINGS TOGETHER ARTISTS SPANNING TWO DECADES FOR BENEFIT FESTIVAL JULY 12 & 13
AT KING COUNTY'S MARYMOOR PARK

SP20 FESTIVAL PARTIAL LINEUP INCLUDES:
GREEN RIVER, FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS, IRON & WINE , WOLF PARADE and OTHERS with MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED IN THE COMING MONTHS

COMEDY SHOW KICKS OFF SP20 ON JULY 11 AT SEATTLE'S MOORE THEATRE FEATURING PATTON OSWALT, EUGENE MIRMAN, TODD BARRY and SURPRISE GUESTS

SEATTLE, WA – In unabashedly conspicuous celebration of 20 years of not going out of business (sometimes only barely), Seattle's Sub Pop Records will gather past and present label-mates for a series of events, including a two-day festival at Marymoor Park on July 12 & 13 and a comedy show on July 11 at Seattle's Moore Theatre. Proceeds from the sale of tickets will go to support beneficiaries of each participating act's choosing. Tickets go on sale April 26 at 12 PM Pacific at SubPop.com and all Ticketmaster locations. More ticket information provided below. The official SP20 anniversary logo is available at: https://www.subpop.com/assets/doc/4262.pdf

About SP20
Though Bruce Pavitt had been using the title SUBTERRANEAN POP since sometime in '79 for fanzines, cassette compilations, radio shows, and the like, somewhere along the line he and co-founder Jonathan Poneman decided that April 1, 1988--the day they quit their jobs and rented a tiny office in the Terminal Sales Building in Seattle--was the day Sub Pop Records was born. To celebrate the label's twentieth birthday, Sub Pop will release a series of re-issues starting with Mudhoney's Superfuzz Bigmuff: Deluxe Edition (May 22, 2008), launch a limited run of the Sub Pop Singles Club, and throw a series of over-the-top birthday parties for itself this summer. For more SP20 information please visit: http://www.subpop.com/media/sub_pop

SP20 Festival
The SP20 Festival is happening July 12 & 13 at Marymoor Park just outside of Seattle in Redmond, WA. In addition to reunited bands, acts currently on the label's roster, and everything in between, the festival will also host a half-pipe featuring both Nike and Girl + Chocolate sponsored skaters. While the full day-by-day line-up will be announced in the coming months, the festival will include:

Beachwood Sparks / Comets on Fire / Fleet Foxes / Flight of the Conchords / The Fluid / Foals / Grand Archives / Green River / The Helio Sequence / Iron & Wine / Kinski / Low / Mudhoney / No Age / Pissed Jeans / Red Red Meat / The Ruby Suns / Seaweed / Wolf Parade, and more to be announced. For artist images and bios please visit: http://www.subpop.com/artists/

Proceeds from ticket sales will benefit a variety of charities chosen by both Sub Pop and each act performing. Ticket information provided below.

SP20 Comedy Show
The SP20 activities will commence with a comedy show on July 11 at The Moore Theatre. Among the performing comedians are Sub Pop artists Eugene Mirman and Patton Oswalt, label friend and fan Todd Barry, and special guests

Ticket information provided below.

SP20 Festival & SP20 Comedy Show Ticket Information
Discounted $30 single-day or $50 two-day passes to the SP20 Festival go on sale Saturday April 26 at 12 pm Pacific at SubPop.com, at Ticketmaster outlets, at Ticketmaster.com or by calling 206.628.0888. Tickets can also be purchased at the Marymoor box office Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, with all service charges going to benefit the parks department. Ticket prices will increase to $35 single-day or $60 two-day passes on May 10.

Tickets for SP20 Comedy Show are $20 and go on sale April 26 at 12 pm Pacific at SubPop.com, at Ticketmaster outlets, at Ticketmaster.com or by calling 206.628.0888. Tickets can also be purchased at the Moore Theatre box office, which is open Tuesday through Friday from 11:00 am to 2:30 pm and again from 3:15 pm to 6:00 pm.

Proceeds from ticket sales will go to benefit a variety of beneficiaries, chosen by both Sub Pop and participating bands.

Special SP20 ticket combinations and packages will be available exclusively at SubPop.com.

Posted by Travis Hay at April 15, 2008 1:05 p.m.

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/earcandy/archives/136561.asp
boomqueen
You don't have to be a prostitute

by boomqueen » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:51 pm

This is awesome because it's far enough away that Ami and I might be able to go! We could also meet Eugene and Todd...how cool is that??
boomqueen

by Amily » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:08 am

We.are.going.
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by caiknbake » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:07 am

hooray! you will get to see them!
ImageImage
caiknbake
PANTIES ON

by boomqueen » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:46 am

Misty start saving and come with us!! Anyone who wants to come with us is welcome!!
boomqueen

by sharona65 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:14 am

yay!!--i'm so excited for you guys!!!
sharona65

by mistysquarepants » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:00 am

I can afford the ticket... but the plane ride would KILL Me lol
mistysquarepants
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by Amily » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:23 am

Awwww... save up! That's what Jess and I are doing...
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by sunnyringo » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:32 pm

I wanted to go see my parents this summer anyways, so it would be awesome to go to this as well. I think my husband's head might explode if I bring it up, though.
sunnyringo

by boomqueen » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:19 pm

Misty i looked it up and a plane ticket is around 450. Just don't buy anything online until then and you should have enough money! lol I reaaaaally want you to come with us! It wouldn't be the same without you!

Sam that would be awesome if you went, then we could all meet up!!
boomqueen

by mistysquarepants » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:58 pm

yes sam my husbands head would explode too.. which makes me want to tell him hahaha im evil
mistysquarepants

by Amily » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:54 pm

LOL Misty you are evil and I love it. :D

Also Sam you should try to come... it would be awesome and you have an excuse... maybe your hubby doesn't need to know that you have alterior motives. ;)
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by ladytronzapatista » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:32 pm

I've been waiting for an excuse to fly somewhere. :D
ladytronzapatista

by boomqueen » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:36 pm

Just say you are having a girls get together! lol Why seattle? they will say....well you can figure out an answer to that lol
boomqueen

by Amily » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:44 pm

Haha it really could be a girls get together...
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

Next

Return to 2008 North American Tour