Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

Tuesdays show at Largo

2008 North American tour and all other 2008 gigs here.

by leti » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:03 pm

curently i am beaming for such a good show last night ;D
this is my whole day yesterday. My mom had one of brothers friends go with me so i was sure to be safe.
woke up at 7, got to the bus stop around 8. Took it all the way to Largo, and got there about 10 something, which was before people who works there were there. haha
flanagan got there after another guy. he asked if we wanted tix and which show we were there for. let him know what show, and that we were waiting there so we could get good seats.
the first guy came out and said, your here for the conchords tonight? we let him know the same thing we told flanagan.we told him my mom and a friend were meeting us around 5 too.
he told us just to go ahead and leave cause he will have our tix for us at 7 when we had to come back. i told him i still wanted to wait for good seats and he said go ahead and leave, ill take care of ya.

so, it is around 11 now, and i got until 7 to walk around and explore. i hit the Beverly center, a 8 story mall.
WOW!
i haven't ate that well the past few days so yesterday i pigged out at that food court!!!!
we had nothing else to do but eat and walk around the streets.
so we did.
went to borders too, went to the mall again. walked in every direction pretty much...until about 4:30 when my mom showed up. we hit the mall again and waited till we had to get our tix

it was time to go, so we went to the line and waited by the front. he explain the rules and how things were going to work then he went to sit down and do the tickets and he gave us ours..we got AA!! which is very very front row, last time when we were there we got A. so i was like in heaven.
we went to norms to eat then came back..while everyone was waiting to be let in, i saw bret walk out of the door but there were too many tall people in my way so it was just a second, but my face lit up!

we were let in, and got our seats.
so here is THE show.

Bic came on, and played some songs. she is super amazing!!!! i just love her music!!
then she had a special guest come out and play some songs with her. they were soooo incredible together. i cant believe i forgot his name!!!
then she brought out the guys and they played choir of ex-girlfriends..
it was soooo great!

Bic left the stage and they told us not to worry but she was leaving us in their hands now.
and that we should picture them like two guys that we hardly know that are going to take care of us now
like uncles, two guys who are supposed to be your uncle that you dont know that look nothing like your family and your parents have
gone out for the night and left them in charge of you. and that whenever they are around your parents seem to argue. haha

they said now were going to play a song we dont know
they played a new song next that they started out by saying that people say rappers have no feeling, but they do
and that rappers are invincible, jemaine said thats Bulls****, they we are invincible. these are real stories where we got our feelings hurt. these are real tears, rapper tears
jemiane sang about a time her made casserole and that it took him a long time and his friends never complimented him.
the chorus went something like
hurt feelings, i got hurt feelings

then bret sang about a time he went shopping for a swimsuit and that none o them fits and the person at the store asked him if he would like to try on
a womans size
then the chorus

i forgot the other 2 verses

next they played Foux du Fafa
the started playing it, and bret kinda went into the supermarket part and jemaine looked at him confused, and they just really messed up.haha
bret kept going and the jemaine just stopped playing and laughed and smiled. he put his elbows on the keyboard and then put his face in his hands and had the biggest smile
he look embarrassed. They said, you think we've completley ruined this but we havent and kept going on like that for a bit, then started back into and this time when they were singin to each other as the girl and guy, and after bret sang one of the girl parts jemaine did his part but in
a girly voice, as bret sang the next line, jemaine turned from the microphone and laughed at himself for it. ahaha
it was the best

after the song they apologized. they said, so we got jobs now and we dont practice our band
haha
they said its their fault, and nobody in the audience is to blame, it was all them. and they talking about that for a while,
next they said they are going to play a song they remember.

and they played sellotape.
Bic came out after and they hummed in some parts and sang the chorus wih her.

she played a couple more song and did a great job.

after the show, my mom talked to the guys as they were going to be leaving i think, and she called me to go find her, when i met up with her i got to meet the guys and get a couple pics.
they were in such great moods, really happpy, and very sweet!

YAY!

oh and Serge Tankian was there.
crazy

heres one pose i got with them.
i look sooooooo wack, but i love them!

it was the rapper pose
haha

[image]
leti
Considering second-hand underpants

by ladytronzapatista » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:06 pm

Hooooooly hell, dude.

That shot above = the greatest photo in the history of the world.

:D :D :D
ladytronzapatista
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by hellomyfriend » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:07 pm

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! I love the rapper pose! ;D
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

by hellomyfriend » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:09 pm

Fallon wrote:Hooooooly hell, dude.

That shot above = the greatest photo in the history of the world.

:D :D :D

Actually, that would still be this one:

[image]

But leti's shot is a close second. ;D :P
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

by sally » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:24 pm

Super sweet!
*~I don't think that's right, but I don't know enough about stars to dispute it.~*
sally
Bowie's in space

by step0nmi » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:27 pm

omg leti! that is sooo ohsome! sounds like a really great show!

eh hem...can we see a bigger pic please? ;D I can't believe we are seeing Jemaine in all white! ahhhh
step0nmi

by Katie » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:40 pm

It sounds like it was a fantastic night. I'm so glad you were able to go! And I notice you said "Here is one pose I got with them"...does that mean there are more photos somewhere??? Can we see? ;D
Katie
Totally Fine

by caiknbake » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:58 pm

this sounds soooo awesome, leti!!!! i'm so happy for you that you got the absolute front row :D and you got to meet them! yay! that pic is totally adorable :D are there more? bigger? more pics more pics want want want :D

leti wrote:
next they played Foux du Fafa
the started playing it, and bret kinda went into the supermarket part and jemaine looked at him confused, and they just really messed up.haha
bret kept going and the jemaine just stopped playing and laughed and smiled. he put his elbows on the keyboard and then put his face in his hands and had the biggest smile
he look embarrassed.

awwwww poor jemmy! i want to give him a hug! and i also want to give him a musicianship lesson, haha. rule #1: if you eff up and act like nothing happened, nobody cares! bret knows what's up. although if anyone can pull off that kind of eff-up and still keep the audience on his side, it's jemaine. what a cutie :D
ImageImage
caiknbake
PANTIES ON

by ines » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:04 pm

dude!!!! that picture is the bomb!!! da bomb bomb ba bomb bomb!

"then bret sang about a time he went shopping for a swimsuit and that none o them fits and the person at the store asked him if he would like to try on
a womans size
then the chorus"

and this is just the funniest, my lil skinny brety :D

they never disappoint do they? hey you should have asked bret about the video LOL!!!
ines
The day time of the night

by ohjeez » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:06 pm

awesome! this was me reading your post = ;D

and that picture is UHHHMAZING!!

[iamsojealousofallyousocalers.]
ohjeez
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by Amily » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:07 pm

OMFG! THOSE JEANS! *dies*

Soooo happy for you Leti!
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by ines » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:19 pm

[image]

Leti are there anymore pictures of last night?
This was great! I can't wait til July 26!!!!
ines
The day time of the night

by carolbrown » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:27 pm

I see Jemaine is rockin' the beard again.

May I just say.....YUM????!!!!!!!

carolbrown
Lost but happy at sea

by chrissycubana » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:26 pm

LETI!!!! How exciting! I'm so happy you had such a fantastic experience with the guys... again! ;)

Bret is so cute in that pic; and, well, Jemaine is super hot in all white... not to mention in those *ahem* oh-so-tight white trousers. VERY nice.

GREAT pic Leti! Oh! And say hi to your mom for me :)

"If there's one thing I can't stand, it's plagiarism."

"Suddenly, playing with yourself is a scholarly pursuit."
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

by chloe » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:40 pm

ines wrote:
[image]

Leti are there anymore pictures of last night?
This was great! I can't wait til July 26!!!!

Wot? What happens on July 26?
Anyway, that sounds like a wonderful night, Leti! I'm so jealous I couldn't get to go. ARRRG. . .I love soooo close, and yet too far. :(
chloe
The Unf! Fairy

Next

Return to 2008 North American Tour