Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

SP20 Transportation Resources and Map

2008 North American tour and all other 2008 gigs here.

by ladytronzapatista » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:26 pm

I created this map on Google with all of the relevant (and irrelevant) points of interest for next weekend. :D This map is open to collaboration, so if I forgot to put something up, or if you know of something cool to check out, feel free to add it on.

Here's the map:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=47.609056,-122.305984&spn=0.053699,0.150375&t=p&z=13&msid=109002816733566794181.000451140c7d08cc0e43d

Some other useful resources:

Metro 174 Bus Schedule - The bus that runs from Sea-Tac to Downtown
http://transit.metrokc.gov/tops/bus/schedules/s174_0_.html

King County Transit Site:
http://transit.metrokc.gov/

Seattle Public Trans on Yelp!...(that water taxi looks mighty alluring)
http://www.yelp.com/c/seattle/publictransport

An interesting looking map of downtown:
http://www.see-seattle.com/map.htm

Of course, if you find any additional interesting information on the area, cool things to check out as well as ways on how we plan to budget time, feel free to add it here!
ladytronzapatista
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by chloe » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:24 pm

Is anyone interested in checking out Pike Place Market? My friend who was in Seattle a few months back and apparently there is a wondrous comic book store at Pike Place and it sounded like the halls of Valhalla the way she was describing it, so that store is definitely a must-find-and-shop-like-crazy place for me. As for that, I don't really have any other touristy goals. Anyone else? :D
chloe
The Unf! Fairy

by Amily » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:27 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing Kurt Cobain's memorial...
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

by sharona65 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:17 am

Amily wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing Kurt Cobain's memorial...

ooooohh!! good idea ami!!!
sharona65

by ladytronzapatista » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:58 am

chloe wrote:Is anyone interested in checking out Pike Place Market? My friend who was in Seattle a few months back and apparently there is a wondrous comic book store at Pike Place and it sounded like the halls of Valhalla the way she was describing it, so that store is definitely a must-find-and-shop-like-crazy place for me. As for that, I don't really have any other touristy goals. Anyone else? :D

I was told to check out Pike Place Market, as well as the International District. Many good restaurants from what friends tell me.
ladytronzapatista

by boomqueen » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:06 am

Yeah...you can't go to seattle without going to pike place market AND the space needle. I also would like to see Kurt Cobains memorial.

I'm also super pumped to eat at a drive in...never have before!
boomqueen
You don't have to be a prostitute

by ladytronzapatista » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:11 am

Kurt Cobain Memorial added to the map. :D
ladytronzapatista

by chloe » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:19 am

Hopefully the good restaurants will be cheap. . I want to conserve as much money for spending on overpriced merchandise as possible. (I tried to look up In N' Out Burger in Seattle, but they don't seem to have any there. :( . . .that's pretty much the only fast-food I enjoy and will ever eat)
chloe
The Unf! Fairy

by rhymenocerous » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:42 am

chloe wrote:Hopefully the good restaurants will be cheap. . I want to conserve as much money for spending on overpriced merchandise as possible. (I tried to look up In N' Out Burger in Seattle, but they don't seem to have any there. :( . . .that's pretty much the only fast-food I enjoy and will ever eat)

Here in Seattle the one not to miss is Dick's Drive-In ( http://www.ddir.com/ ) It was one of the first in the U.S.
rhymenocerous

by rhymenocerous » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:01 am

Pike Place Market is cool. I walk down from my work and eat lunch there a lot in the summer. There are a lot of shops and some pretty cheap food choices there.

The ID (International District) has a lot of little restaraunts as well, and most are pretty cheap and REALLY good if you like asian food. There is a lot in the big Uwajimaya international market (http://www.uwajimaya.com/ )

The Space Needle is cool. I usually take people there when they come to visit, but it now costs $16 per person, which is a little steep. The new price is to pay for the HD pan and zoom cameras they added and touch-screen maps to guide the cameras.

There is also the underground tour, where you go under te current streets of Seattle to see what is left of the original Seattle ( http://www.undergroundtour.com/ ). It is a little cheesy (Lots of bad jokes), but pretty fun.

Needless to say, lots to see and just a short time to see it :)
rhymenocerous

by talkingstove » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:00 am

So, is the plan for us all to sight-sight together on that Sunday? Revea and I are staying at a friends house that is just West off the Marymoor park (about 20 minutes or so). Should we make a plan where we all meet or are you guys all going to be driving together?

I second the space needle, the Kurt Cobain memorial, the International District (mmm... chinese foods!), and Pike place market (that is where they throw the fish, hey?). I have many people that I have to get souvenirs for so hopefully there will be silly stores somewhere (I want to get one of my friends a replica fish... he'll laugh his ass off!) and I would also like to check out that comic book store. Sounds like my kinda place!

Also, water taxi? I want to go on one! :D
talkingstove
Turning white clouds grey

by ladytronzapatista » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:26 am

If we'd like to get more things in, we can always sightsee in the morning/afternoon before the comedy show; everything seems to be in good proximity of the hotel.
ladytronzapatista

by boomqueen » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:17 pm

Yeah I think we can plan it all out on the 11th...and we can squeeze something in that day before we go to the comedy night.

I think that we should AT LEAST check out:

Space Needle
Pike Place Market
International District
Dicks Drive-in
Kurt Cobain Memorial
AND
If we have a use for it and have the time and money we should go on the water taxi. It's not a tour or anything though...it's a taxi, that's on the water. Right?
boomqueen
You don't have to be a prostitute

by rhymenocerous » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:03 pm

The water taxi is just that, a taxi. It goes from downtown to West Seattle, which is a neighborhood across Puget Sound. The taxi drop-off in West Seattle isn't that close to the beach/business district of Alki (The best beach in Seattle). That's a good mile walk at least, but it's a nice one, right along the water. You could also rent bikes/inline skates where it the water taxi drops you off and ride to the Alki beach/business district. Basically, once you get there, it's a nice beach with a business district.
rhymenocerous

by talkingstove » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:18 pm

Puget Sound as in the Puget Sound from the Hello Seattle song? Dude, we have to do it flighties... It fits in with the roadtrip anthem and everything! :D
talkingstove
Turning white clouds grey

Next

Return to 2008 North American Tour