Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

last night at the largo

2008 North American tour and all other 2008 gigs here.

by tanfastic » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:16 pm

Great updates. How did you find out about the appearance? Did I miss supmin' on the board?
tanfastic
Let's boom the boom

by ladytronzapatista » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:20 pm

Note to self...must find Margaret Cho to raise funds to buy Jemaine from Bret.....
ladytronzapatista
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by glittergirl » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:44 am

;)

I was there, too! Loved the songs!
glittergirl
I'm making a lasagne... for one

by SheWolf » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:32 am

Can we please have a wardrobe description? I need to know what Jemaine is wearing at all times. And whether or not it was excrutiatingly tight.
SheWolf
Let's boom the boom

by flippintalene7 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:32 am

lol, yup. Leti, thank you for remembering a lot of what they said! i have such bad memory. but i did remember the rhythm to the man-ho song, so now i have the chorus part stuck in my head...

Bret: you don't have to be...a prostitute
Jemaine: i don't have to be...a prostitute
(sung at the same time)
Bret: you don't have to be...a man ho, a male gigalo

oh ok and for those curious. in the demon woman song, there is a line about breasts on fire. it goes:

jemaine: your breasts are like balls of fire. i keep burning my hands from your ball games.

i'm pretty sure thats how it went. lol or he might have said playing you ball games...something along those lines though.

oh ok, so what were they wearing?
well, jemaine was wearing a tee. i think it had something on it but i couldn't make it out but it was like a bright royal blue. i mean, he looked GOOD in blue! lol. no v-necks, sorry. lol. and bret was wearing a white tee but i dunno what was on his either. they both had jeans...and i dont think i looked at their shoes. bret was so clean shaven and as leti said, i didnt even realize it was him right next to us on the other side of the fence until jemaine came by and told bret to go with him. so technically i saw jemaine first...lol
but wow, i was so shocked, befuddled, flabbergasted, (im trying to find just the right words, lol) when i saw jemaine walk oh so casually and (to me) sexually by. lol. i was flipping out! oh and bret was wearing sunglasses (another disguise? lol) god, jemaine looked gorgeous! he had a full on beard and scruffy hair...just the way i like him. lol
flippintalene7
Let's boom the boom

by chloe » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:56 pm

Wow, he grew his beard back? Hmm. . . I dunno, I prefered him without it. Well, I like him with scruff, but when his beard got really thick it was kind of overpowering his face, I thought. Oh well, he'll always be sexy to me, no matter what. ^_^
chloe
The Unf! Fairy

by ines » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:28 pm

I love it ! A Man Ho!!!!!!
ines
The day time of the night

by SheWolf » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:36 pm

AKA a Mo.

Actually a gender qualifier needn't be applied to the word ho. A ho is a ho regardless of gender.
SheWolf
Let's boom the boom

by SheWolf » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:43 pm

flippinTalene wrote:lol, yup. Leti, thank you for remembering a lot of what they said! i have such bad memory. but i did remember the rhythm to the man-ho song, so now i have the chorus part stuck in my head...

Bret: you don't have to be...a prostitute
Jemaine: i don't have to be...a prostitute
(sung at the same time)
Bret: you don't have to be...a man ho, a male gigalo

oh ok and for those curious. in the demon woman song, there is a line about breasts on fire. it goes:

jemaine: your breasts are like balls of fire. i keep burning my hands from your ball games.

i'm pretty sure thats how it went. lol or he might have said playing you ball games...something along those lines though.

oh ok, so what were they wearing?
well, jemaine was wearing a tee. i think it had something on it but i couldn't make it out but it was like a bright royal blue. i mean, he looked GOOD in blue! lol. no v-necks, sorry. lol. and bret was wearing a white tee but i dunno what was on his either. they both had jeans...and i dont think i looked at their shoes. bret was so clean shaven and as leti said, i didnt even realize it was him right next to us on the other side of the fence until jemaine came by and told bret to go with him. so technically i saw jemaine first...lol
but wow, i was so shocked, befuddled, flabbergasted, (im trying to find just the right words, lol) when i saw jemaine walk oh so casually and (to me) sexually by. lol. i was flipping out! oh and bret was wearing sunglasses (another disguise? lol) god, jemaine looked gorgeous! he had a full on beard and scruffy hair...just the way i like him. lol

Ooh thanks for the details Talene. ball games? ;D I love that.

I'm so pleased to hear that Jemaine was rockin a bright royal blue t. I noticed he looked good in that color once but he doesn't wear it very much. What I wouldn't give to see a pic of this man with the long, lustrous locks and beard combo. Prrrrrr......meow....woof!

Did you check out his assets when he sauntered sexily by? When I saw him I found it hard to avert my eyes from butt and bulge.
SheWolf
Let's boom the boom

by hellomyfriend » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:45 pm

I need more Bret in these recaps! You don't want the bear to go hungry, do you? ;D
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

by leti » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:17 pm

BRET

-looked like an angel cause he shaved. he looked a lot younger

i think her was wearing a white tee with sunglasses on it, like a big print or sunglasses or something like that. A cool shirt basically. his hair grew a tad bit.
he has some cool kinda light blue shades on when we saw him outside and walking.

he was grinning a bit during the songs, and was swaying and moving to the song he sang about jemaine. he got really into it. his accent that he used sounded just AMAZING!
leti
Considering second-hand underpants

by joe1138 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:16 am

Just thought I'd throw my two cents in. Monday at the Largo was the first chance I had to see The Conchords live but not for want of trying. I'm sure everyone on this board knows how tough tickets are to come by for their live shows but I can safely say that such demand is more than justified. Even playing only two songs, their set was the highlight of the evening for me and I hope I have the chance to check them out again.
joe1138
I'm making a lasagne... for one

by Amily » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:07 am

Welcome to the board Joe!

Glad you finally had the chance to see the guys perform... maybe next time it will be a whole set. :)
NEVER FORGET.
tumblr | twitter
Amily
Administrator

Previous

Return to 2008 North American Tour