Welcome Anonymous !

Login or Register

User Menu

Login

FANS OF THE CONCHORDS

MESSAGE BOARD

May 14 - Chicago, IL

2008 North American tour and all other 2008 gigs here.

by ohjeez » Fri May 16, 2008 3:07 pm

step0nmi wrote:

adjlkjasldjfaosdjflasjdf HOLY aldjflasjdflasjdf!!!!
yeah i guess that's why bret was rushing off! hahaha
ohjeez
My shadow played a bass clarinet

by sharona65 » Fri May 16, 2008 3:10 pm

i'm sure it was the reason...

gah!!! i think i would've felt better not knowing about this!! i would have loved to party with them!!!
sharona65

by alexandriaj22 » Fri May 16, 2008 3:10 pm

is Jemaine SERIOUSLY DRINKING WATER IN THOSE AFTER PARTY PICTURES?!?!?!
alexandriaj22
Ah, Gerard Depardieu

by alexandriaj22 » Fri May 16, 2008 3:12 pm

ok maybe not but LOL at the angle i saw i was like..."water jemaine? really?"

i'm beginning to love bret more and more after seeing all the post-show pics. gahh
alexandriaj22
Ah, Gerard Depardieu

by ohjeez » Fri May 16, 2008 3:13 pm

i can't see what's in their cups...their hands are blocking them....?
ohjeez

by alexandriaj22 » Fri May 16, 2008 3:16 pm

i knew Bret was beerin' it up, and at second glance Jemaine's drinking something too, but when I first saw it, no bottle or anything in the cup that i could see, i was like WATER? IT'S AN AFTER PARTY.
alexandriaj22
Ah, Gerard Depardieu

by sharona65 » Fri May 16, 2008 3:17 pm

hahaha, i wondered that too alex!!

man, how did manage to squeeze in a party when they had to be in denver the next day?!?!
sharona65

by sharona65 » Fri May 16, 2008 3:20 pm

alex wrote:i'm beginning to love bret more and more after seeing all the post-show pics. gahh

bret is magically delicious!! i'm still fainting over those beautiful eyes looking at me from so close!!
sharona65

by ohjeez » Fri May 16, 2008 3:21 pm

alex wrote:i knew Bret was beerin' it up, and at second glance Jemaine's drinking something too, but when I first saw it, no bottle or anything in the cup that i could see, i was like WATER? IT'S AN AFTER PARTY.
LOLZ

jemaine - keepin' it classy...and sober.
ohjeez

by step0nmi » Fri May 16, 2008 3:30 pm

ohjeez wrote:
alex wrote:i knew Bret was beerin' it up, and at second glance Jemaine's drinking something too, but when I first saw it, no bottle or anything in the cup that i could see, i was like WATER? IT'S AN AFTER PARTY.
LOLZ

jemaine - keepin' it classy...and sober.

yeah...I think you're right!

HOW DID THEY HAVE TIME TO PARTY BEFORE FLYING TO DENVER!? CRAZY! ;D
step0nmi

by ladytronzapatista » Fri May 16, 2008 4:29 pm

WTF IT WAS AT SCHUBAS?!?!?!?!

My roommate's boyfriend plays shows there alllll the damn time. If I would have known the boys were there....DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN WTFWTFWTFWTF!#*#*!(!!@
ladytronzapatista

by ladytronzapatista » Fri May 16, 2008 4:32 pm

QUICK SOMEONE INVENT A TIME MACHINE !@#$%&!
ladytronzapatista

by ladytronzapatista » Fri May 16, 2008 4:33 pm

RIGHT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
ladytronzapatista

by sharona65 » Fri May 16, 2008 4:49 pm

alright all, i know i'm super slow with this, and i apologize! i've been so exhausted and frazzled since i got home from the show...conchord-mania aside, i can tell that i just haven't been up to par

disclaimer: my brain picks things up in bits and pieces, so no full sentence quotes will be exact.....and none of this is in any particular order

so, bret announces arj from backstage, and it's adorable cuz he's eating...with a mouth full of food "mm, sorry, i'm just finishing a sandwich....(something something)....oops, i've dropped some lettuce....(something something)....a good friend of ours, arj barker!!"

arj is on for maybe 20-30 mins, looking more drunk than stoned in my opinion...he was kind of stumbling around....lots of jokes that i've already heard, a few that i haven't...wish i could remember them!! all hilarious!!

like fallon said, jem screwed up choir of ex-girlfriends, and without hesitation, bret stops playing and hands him the lyrics, and they start over...was cute to see bret giving jem shii!!

they play about 4-5 songs...bret starts talking about how they have merch for sale...at this point he's already wearing some kind of long-sleeve shirt....and it turns out he has every flippin shirt on underneath!!!...he strips them off one by one til he's down to his own batman tshirt!! (beyond my excitement over bret stipping, i'm thinking "damn, they've already done like 5 songs!! he has to be burning up!!")....someone shouts "take that one off!!"....jem quickly picks this up and says to bret "take that one off...someone suggested".....the little weasel that bret is, he manages to avoid doing this, of course.....someone shouts "it's jemaine's turn!" and jem suggests that maybe they'll take theirs off if we all take ours off....i begin screaming cuz i'm all for it!...alas, the rest of the crowd didn't seem to be up for a topless show..

this is where fallon's friend brian shouts "take off your pants!" and they go into the country bumpkin bit....felt kinda like they were poking fun at the midwest, but it was cute!...

moving on...as they prepare for i'm not crying they ask the lighting guy for some sad lights...and he turns them kinda green and blue...the guys say "what is this? it's like a sad forest"...and i swear the lighting guy goes thru about every color scheme he can come up with, and every time the guys make a joke about it....so eventually the light guy just turns the lights off....of course we all laugh!

during hiphop v. rhymeno jem screws up his second verse somewhere around "flows that glo like phosperous"...he gives up and just says "yeah...bottomless"...then he collects himself and tries it again, got it right the second time

for the bowie intro when bret talks about his manky chops, the boys begin trying to top one another with some kind of dirty adjective combined with a word for guitar riffs....i believe i heard "raunchy riffs, filthy filthy licks, and disgusting diggs"...until bret comes up with "atrophied jim jams" (i'm unsure of the adjective he used here, i know it started with an a, and i read somewhere that it was "atrophied" but i'm not sure if that's right...fallon/shags, do you remember?)...either way, it was funny, and jem knew he'd been outdone!

i suppose that's all i've got for now....

of course i met arj after the show and gave him the shirt, which i'm soo glad he liked!! he did say that he recognized me from myspace, which made me eep a little!....here is my adorable pic with him..

[image]

my encounter/pics of meeting the guys is already posted in the i'm with the band thread..

...and now, prepare yourselves for the corniest part of this story....i arrive home, park my car, i'm walking up the stairs to my apt.....and i wonder "how am i ever going to come back to reality after such an incredible evening?!"....i open the door, and there are my 2 beautiful, sweet kitties sitting in the living room waiting for me...and somehow i feel better that coming back to reality will be ok!
sharona65

by step0nmi » Fri May 16, 2008 4:58 pm

not the best! but good! bUSINESS TIME!

not great either!

only good for audio!Albi

Audio only for real...and I think it's Robots!

step0nmi

PreviousNext

Return to 2008 North American Tour